The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop making s**t up...
I'm not. You do realise homosexuality was wrestled out of the DSM in the first place due to homosexual groups petitioning it and many psychiatrists boycotting the vote on the issue of whether to include or not? Many of them don't agree with it now. This is the top criticism of the DSM as it is done on an apparent consensus and not on medical facts or science.

Can't even go to the super market any more without those damn homosexuals harassing me!

A ridiculously tenuous link you're trying to make, especially considering you originally said that it was a blatant fact that homosexuals have the same "mental defect" as paedophiles. ..
They do they are both attracted to things sexually which is not the majority norm.

Many current psychiatrists disagree too with the DSM. As for that section I have had it clarified by a psych that said if a homosexual was going after straight guys persistently it would fall under the definition linked in the article thus making that form of homosexuality a mental disease.

so that's a 'no' then.

I'm not. You do realise homosexuality was wrestled out of the DSM in the first place due to homosexual groups petitioning it and many psychiatrists boycotting the vote on the issue of whether to include or not? Many of them don't agree with it now. This is the top criticism of the DSM as it is done on an apparent consensus and not on medical facts or science.
That's because there is no science behind DSM. It's a fraudulent body of work.

Ok, what did you mean, when you said the following, in response to me querying your "fact" that homosexuals have the same "mental defect" as paedophiles...

To me, you are saying that the evidence connecting paedophiles to homosexuals, is that they are "attracted to things sexually, which is not the majority norm"...

So, what did you mean?
There is an area of brain function which control attraction. The norm is to be attracted to males if you are female and vice versa of a similar/consenting age. Both homosexuals and pedophile have the same defect in this area as they are not attracted to the normal thing they should be attracted to. Doesn't mean that they are the same thing it means that their mind functions in the same not normal way.

There is an area of brain function which control attraction. The norm is to be attracted to males if you are female and vice versa of a similar/consenting age.

So does your brain change if you travel to a country with a different age of consent?

So your entire point boils down to, paedophilia and homosexuality share the same "mental defect", because they are different to the majority?

At the rate you are changing your stance, I'll have you supporting gay marriage and watching the ABC soon! But do I have the energy or patience?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no doubt there is justified criticisms re the DSM but i think yours is an extreme view to take.
If there has been a body of 'science' that was flip-flopped as much as the DSM has over such a short period I'd like to know about it.

Just because the scientific method is applied does not make it science.

If there has been a body of 'science' that was flip-flopped as much as the DSM has over such a short period I'd like to know about it.

Just because the scientific method is applied does not make it science.

and just because it's not science (if i accept your premise) does not make it fraudulent.

and just because it's not science (if i accept your premise) does not make it fraudulent.
Of course it does. As a discipline, it pretends to be scientific to give it authority.

Less than 50 years ago, homosexuality was a disease according to this science. Now grief can be considered a disease. The entire spectrum of the human experience is categorised such that these people alone can treat it.

Psychiatry is largely bullshit. The only thing they know for sure is that drugs make you feel better. Duh.

Of course it does. As a discipline, it pretends to be scientific to give it authority.

Less than 50 years ago, homosexuality was a disease according to this science. Now grief can be considered a disease. The entire spectrum of the human experience is categorised such that these people alone can treat it.

there is a treasure trove of wrong or discarded ideas in science. i dont disagree that there is an element of truth in your cynicism, but to imply we can't (or don't) understand anything about the human brain and its idiosyncrasies is a fair bit off the mark imo.

This ruling did nothing to quell criticism that the ABC, which we all pay for, simplys panders to its core audience. The ruling also made hypocrits out of every ABC journo/panelist who criticised Alan Jones for his "died of shame" comment. Arguably had Alan Jones made this terribly offensive comment on an ABC show where it was clear that the target audience where anti-Labor zealots then the ABC internal processes would have dismissed Jones' comments as being something that the show's audience would expect and not take offence to.
I think you are being a little disingenuous here.
The chaser is a comedy show, and anyone watching up to that point would have been aware of that. It's obviously fake, but I notice no one cares that Chris Kenny was also fed to sharks.
Jones wasn't trying to make a joke, he wasn't being silly, he really believed what he said.

So on one had, we have Jones saying, in all seriousness. that Gillard's recently deceased father would have died of shame. On the other hand, we have a comedy put up a fake picture of Kenny rooting and strangling a dog, before having him fed to the sharks.

Skip to about 14:24 for the infamous clip.

You can't believe that if the chaser group did a skit about Abbott's father dying of shame, not long after his father were to die, that the ABC would defend it?

I think they are saying that Homosexuality is the fault of the ABC. I thinko_O

Also something about psychiatrists being utensil heads, I think.:confused:
Haha, yes, thread has gone a little off track.

Basically I was trying to explain to mottrain, that because he is so far right, everything would seem like it has a left bias to him.
Moved onto his stance on gay marriage, and his view of homosexuals to show this.

Haha, yes, thread has gone a little off track.

Basically I was trying to explain to mottrain, that because he is so far right, everything would seem like it has a left bias to him.
Moved onto his stance on gay marriage, and his view of homosexuals to show this.
My stance on homosexuals don't make me far right. :oops:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back