The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our taxpayer dollars:

Do you stalk the hated ABC waiting to pounce on some casual remark or something? Like why else are you watching it all the time-doesn't seem healthy.
If that is the most wasteful thing you can come up with-well, pretty trivial stuff to get het up about.

Watched Q & A last night. Can anyone tell me what Madigan contributed to the discussion as I must have missed it.
Even Jacqui was better, especially when asked about asset sales - what happens when you have nothing more to sell?
That's a damn good question and one I have asked for a long time myself.

Had to listen to that again to work out wtf they were on about - I think they were talking about Kyrgios' aggression/temper on the tennis court and then the idiot woman on the right related it to DV? Bizarre.
Good thing the ABC folk on the left quickly pointed out how unfair she was being. Bloody lefties!

I assume her point was not that Kyrgios might commit DV, but that male aggression is frequently represented in our culture (in a similar but far more dominant way, the constant portrayal of female sexiness, or females being defined by their relationships, is seen by some as a barrier to equality).

The ability to be a slick media performer does not necessarily equate to an ability to positively contribute to Australia's policies. The fact he tried to think before speaking isn't the best for live TV, but is the best for our political future. If people thought more and repeated themselves less it would be good.

Madigan seemed keen to present himself as not being on the Labor side or the Liberal side. He's independent. He has policy outcomes he would like, hence his complaint about us not building our own subs anymore. He didn't perform well, but that's what I took from Q&A and that's probably what he wanted the audience to take from it.

The ability to be a slick media performer does not necessarily equate to an ability to positively contribute to Australia's policies. The fact he tried to think before speaking isn't the best for live TV, but is the best for our political future. If people thought more and repeated themselves less it would be good.

Madigan seemed keen to present himself as not being on the Labor side or the Liberal side. He's independent. He has policy outcomes he would like, hence his complaint about us not building our own subs anymore. He didn't perform well, but that's what I took from Q&A and that's probably what he wanted the audience to take from it.
Fair enough but I questioned him in my own mind where on one hand he seemed to say that you need to listen to the people and I thought that he didn't do that with the questioner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back