The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

The ABC has a responsiblity to show a wide array of views over a reasonable amount of time. When they give Zacky's Mallah's view they are criticised, because it's politically-motivated, whereas a few months early the ABC were complimented for Emma Alberici haranguing a Hizb Ut-Tahrir spokesperson who is also pro-Caliphate like Zacky.
Mallah wasn't brought on to give his view, he was brought on only to attack the Liberal Govt.

What's more, anyone with half a brain should be able to work out the dangers of giving Islamists an unnecessary platform, when they could have easily found non-Islamist members of the Muslim community who were concerned about the Govt's National Security measures.

A irrelevant comparison, private sector media doesn't have written into its charter that it needs to be even handed.

The point has escaped you so I'll dumb it down: there is no unbiased media available in the private sector to compensate for the ABC and never will be.

Rubbish.

All "investigations" have either been done by Leftard friends of the ABC, or during an actual election campaign, where the ABC actually does do a good job of trying to be even handed.

But outside of election campaigns, the ABC pushes a hard leftist agenda whenever they can.

Keep all bullshit conspiracy theories where they belong in the Conspiracy forum amongst Pogmas 'revealing' theories.

The Killing Season was no hard left push therefore your statement is blatantly false.

Last edited:
Well, at the risk for being attacked for mentioning him, Andrew Bolt has suggested that the ABC don't have enough of a wide range of hosts for their shows, are regularly sympathetic to left-wing views, do not have a truly balanced guest list on shows such as Insiders and Q&A (would be easier to balance Insiders if Bolt hadn't decided to run a competing show on another network), regularly harangue right-wing politicians on shows such as Lateline, and promote ideas which "are in doubt" such as man-made global warming.

Now obviously that seems to be more about airing every point of view as an idea of balance. I'm sure Bolt doesn't believe anti-vaccination advocates should be given the same platform as those who believe in vaccination. So he argument on this is about as consistent as his blog when he rails against elites then posts Youtube clips of opera.
Doesn't insiders have a balance of the political spectrum each week?

A irrelevant comparison, private sector media doesn't have written into its charter that it needs to be even handed.

Nor is private media directly funded by taxpayers.

If someone doesn't like what a private media outlet is doing, they can stop paying for it and the private media outlet suffers for that.

How do taxpayers remove their funding of the ABC?

They can't, that is why the need to be even handed is written in their charter.
Can you remove your funding for hospitals-I haven't been in one since I was born. Or roads even if I catch trains? etc
Happy to pay taxes for services. ABC has an extremely high approval rating, so getting good use for many.
ps if the ABC offered only their emergency services broadcasting that alone would make them worth the piddly amount we spend on it. Yet it offers far more- an informative and balanced news service which doesn't exist anywhere else in mainstream media.

Last edited:

Nor is private media directly funded by taxpayers.

If someone doesn't like what a private media outlet is doing, they can stop paying for it and the private media outlet suffers for that.

How do taxpayers remove their funding of the ABC?

They can't, that is why the need to be even handed is written in their charter.
Then the Herald Sun is surely obligated to carry warning signs on its front page-buyer beware. Don't private companies have to disclose all relevant info.
Warning
'We are not interested in providing news. We are in the pocket of Rupert, the righty, and our charter is to ensure that the Liberal govt stays in power. To ensure this happens we manipulate by omitting, twisting and distorting information at every opportunity to make the ALP and Greens look bad and the Libs look good. So in the interests of fairness, do not decide your voting intention on the tainted nature of our so called 'news coverage' please'
Can we do something like this baldy?;)

Last edited:
The point has escaped you so I'll dumb it down: there is no unbiased media available in the private sector to compensate for the ABC and never will be.
What the * does that have to do with the ABC being a media arm for the Greens and ALP?

The ABC is meant to be impartial, no matter what any other media outlet is doing.

Keep all bullshit conspiracy theories where they belong in the Conspiracy forum amongst Pogmas 'revealing' theories.
No conspiracy theory is greater than to deny that the ABC actively works against the Liberal Party whenever they think they can get away with it.

The Killing Season was no hard left push therefore your statement is blatantly false.
The Killing Season was the 3rd series to investigate the reign of the 3 previous Govts.

In the first, "Labor in Power", they had only Labor people involved in explaining events.
In the third "The Killing Season", they had only Labor people involved in explaining events.

In the second, "The Howard Years", they brought in multiple Left Wing arseholes to attack the Howard Govt.

But of course you didn't notice this and what's more, you approve anyway, thus no ABC bias. LOL

Then the Herald Sun is surely obligated to carry warning signs on its front page-buyer beware. Don't private companies have to disclose all relevant info.
Why obligated?

People know if they don't like their coverage they can stop buying it, stop reading it.

Don't you understand that very simple concept?

Can you remove your funding for hospitals-I haven't been in one since I was born. Or roads even if I catch trains? etc
Try to compare Apples with Apples and you won't look so foolish.

Do you think Hospitals have a Charter that requires them to be even handed?

What the **** does that have to do with the ABC being a media arm for the Greens and ALP?

The ABC is meant to be impartial, no matter what any other media outlet is doing.

No conspiracy theory is greater than to deny that the ABC actively works against the Liberal Party whenever they think they can get away with it.

The Killing Season was the 3rd series to investigate the reign of the 3 previous Govts.

In the first, "Labor in Power", they had only Labor people involved in explaining events.
In the third "The Killing Season", they had only Labor people involved in explaining events.

In the second, "The Howard Years", they brought in multiple Left Wing arseholes to attack the Howard Govt.

But of course you didn't notice this and what's more, you approve anyway, thus no ABC bias. LOL

I'm going to do you the courtesy of not presuming you are a troll account. Did you ever consider the radical concept the the Liberal Party, and yourself, may be currently so far out to the right that a centrist position may appear far left?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try to compare Apples with Apples and you won't look so foolish.

Do you think Hospitals have a Charter that requires them to be even handed?
Yep, they do.
Besides which, the ABC is even handed-as evidenced by the very high approval rating it consistently gets. Looks like your perspective is biased.

Last edited:
Why obligated?

People know if they don't like their coverage they can stop buying it, stop reading it.

Don't you understand that very simple concept?
Haha actually, the approach you have is way too simplistic. A private organization has firstly to offer full disclosure-then I can decide whether I want to buy it or not. As it is, the The Hun certainly deceives its readership when it manipulates the truth, so it needs to be more forthcoming in its acknowledgment of that. With rights comes responsibilities, especially in country of narrow media ownership.
That sounds fair doesn't it Baldy.

Haha actually, the approach you have is way too simplistic. A private organization has firstly to offer full disclosure-then I can decide whether I want to buy it or not. As it is, the The Hun certainly deceives its readership when it manipulates the truth, so it needs to be more forthcoming in its acknowledgment of that. With rights comes responsibilities, especially in country of narrow media ownership.
That sounds fair doesn't it Baldy.
You shouldn't assume that people in general have the kind of intellectual limitations you appear to have that, you require some kind of weird disclosure before you are capable of determining a media outlets levels of bias.

I'm going to do you the courtesy of not presuming you are a troll account. Did you ever consider the radical concept the the Liberal Party, and yourself, may be currently so far out to the right that a centrist position may appear far left?
As a former Labor party supporter it is very easy for me to see bias when it occurs.

However people who have only ever been of the Left lack that ability and so much more.

As a former Labor party supporter it is very easy for me to see bias when it occurs.

However people who have only ever been of the Left lack that ability and so much more.
Well, I can easily use the same reasoning to offer a different viewpoint.

I used to be the Alan Jones listening, John Howard loving, Murdoch press consuming conservative type. And was so for many, many years.

I've since considerably moderated my political views as I have matured and become a better person.

And at no stage in my life - whatever my political leanings - have I ever had an issue with the imaginary bias in the ABC. And I've always regarded the ABC as a wonderful national asset.

So there you go fellow hairless one. :)

Last edited:
You shouldn't assume that people in general have the kind of intellectual limitations you appear to have that, you require some kind of weird disclosure before you are capable of determining a media outlets levels of bias.
Haha, it is people with intellectual limitations that read Murdoch press, are you one?

By the combined power of listening to talk-back radio and visiting BF, you get a real feel for what the sock-puppets say.

"I am a X voter, but I'm really thinking about voting Y" is very common. I think BH is as believable as GJ.

What the **** does that have to do with the ABC being a media arm for the Greens and ALP?

Yes, because The Killing Season was so pro-Labor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back