The Klopp Files

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
This guy deserves his own thread, comical genius.

klopp1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned
Klopp quotes..

On rumours Mats Hummels could join Manchester United

"If that's not a b------t story, I'll eat a broomstick."

Again on Hummels, this time when he was out injured

"We will wait for him like a good wife waiting for her husband who is in jail"

On having a hair transplant

"Yes, it’s true. I underwent a hair transplant. And I think the results are really cool, don’t you?"

On potentially being a TV presenter

"I’d have maybe presented some kind of afternoon programme where people aren’t all that interested in what you’re saying, and you just stare ahead"

During a fixture congestion

"It’s as if someone has to play the world chess championship after 72 hours of sleep deprivation."

Comparing his style to Arsene Wenger's

"He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. I like heavy metal.”

On playing in the Champions League final

"It was great, the weather was good, everything is okay, only the result is so s---t that I cannot.... All the other things were great."

On singing

"I couldn’t have been a rock star, although I do sing Country Road very loudly on the PlayStation karaoke game."

Talking to the British press.

"You don't understand? You should learn. There are some really good German explanations for some problems. But I don't know how to say it in English."

After a poor run of form to end 2014

"The best news today is that football is over for 2014, any criticism that we receive now is justified. We are standing here like complete idiots and it's completely our own fault."

On trying to outdo Bayern Munich in the transfer market

"We have bows and arrows. And when we aim precisely, we can hit the target. It's only that Bayern have a bazooka. The probability that they will hit the target is clearly higher. But then Robin Hood was apparently quite successful."

On losing Mario Gotze to Bayern

"Gotze has gone because he is Guardiola's personal chosen signing and he wants to play with Guardiola, in his style. I can't make myself 15cm shorter or start speaking Spanish"

On winning at Bayern Munich

"When Borussia Dortmund last won here 19 years ago, most of my players were still being breastfed"

On whether the night of the 2012 German Cup final—when they beat Bayern Munich 5-2—could have been any better?

"It could have been a bit warmer"

On having to give interviews after a defeat

"During the first interview, I was very disappointed. During the second one I already felt a bit better. If I wait half an hour, I’ll probably have the feeling that we won."

On creating a philosophy at the club when he took the job in 2008

"The fans should not only recognise us by our black and yellow jerseys. Even if we play in red, everyone in the stadium should think, ‘Whoa, that can only be BVB’.”

He is an entertainer and extremely ruthless.

Done miracles with Dortmund Liverpool is of same quality but prefer Ancelotti.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Critical of Rodgers @ 4min

Well, at least Brendan can say he didn't almost get one of the clearly 2 biggest teams in the league relegated.

People seem to be overlooking Klopps last season in charge, it's fairly relevant. You've got to take his bad with his good, it's the opposite with Rogers for Pool supporters.

Well, at least Brendan can say he didn't almost get one of the clearly 2 biggest teams in the league relegated.

People seem to be overlooking Klopps last season in charge, it's fairly relevant. You've got to take his bad with his good, it's the opposite with Rogers for Pool supporters.

Look if you ignore the two league titles and CL final and focus on his s**t half season then I don't think it's us being selective

Btw you know Dortmund wasn't the clear 2nd best team before he took over, right? They weren't even anywhere near top half of the table. I think they can put up with half a season of shite

Last edited:
Most enjoyable man in football.

Just reading Dortmund had finished 13th when he took over. Before Dortmund he coached Mainz for 7 seasons - promoting them to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history and qualifying them for the Europa League. He also relegated with them.

Coaches like Ferguson, Wenger and Guy Roux (44 years in charge of Auxerre) are exceptions in the game. Coaches are clever enough to leave after they feel they've achieved their peak if they don't get fired soon after. Klopp could've left Mainz and Dortmund too but good on him to stay.

When did he almost get Dortmund relegated. Is 7th close to relegation? :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back