Multiplat The Last of Us

Remove this Banner Ad

I got this sealed off eBay the other day for $15. Played the ps3 version but looking forward to giving it another run through sometime after The Witcher and Batman.

ok F**k the arsehole who thought the hotel lobby needs to be 10x harder on grounded mode than it was on survivor. the last dude on the 2nd level either the armored Shot-gunner or the Molotov guy keep getting me, its taking me 20 mins to get to the last guy everytime and i know in close to the cutscene and savepoint.

ok F**k the arsehole who thought the hotel lobby needs to be 10x harder on grounded mode than it was on survivor. the last dude on the 2nd level either the armored Shot-gunner or the Molotov guy keep getting me, its taking me 20 mins to get to the last guy everytime and i know in close to the cutscene and savepoint.

Grounded mode just pushed TLOU to a 10/10 for me.

It's the perfect way to play this game.

Grounded mode just pushed TLOU to a 10/10 for me.

It's the perfect way to play this game.
Finished the game on Normal. Played Left behind on Hard. Gave the main game a go on Grounded after thinking "Hard wasn't that hard, surely grounded can't be too insane." Nope. I was wrong. Having said that, I'm currently at the end of Pittsburgh trying to get past the gate to the bridge.

Ran through again on survivor and it was like playing on Normal after running through a bit on Grounded.

2nd game possibly happening I hear ?

They have said they will do another one if they can make a good story. but yeah seems like its in pre-production someone on Linkedin had it posted they did character design since April. but 90% of TLoU team is working on Uncharted right now.

Sony are doing a vinyl version of the soundtrack this week.

Finished the game on Normal. Played Left behind on Hard. Gave the main game a go on Grounded after thinking "Hard wasn't that hard, surely grounded can't be too insane." Nope. I was wrong. Having said that, I'm currently at the end of Pittsburgh trying to get past the gate to the bridge.

Ran through again on survivor and it was like playing on Normal after running through a bit on Grounded.

Survival isn't a big step up from hard.

However, I found Grounded was a giant step up from Survival.

Bit late to the party but I just finished my first play through (ps3, normal), its a fantastic game and can really see why its so highly rated. The story, voice acting etc are about as good as I've played and the Ellie-Joel relationship was just so well done.

One question, I'm assuming the harder settings reduces ammo and supplies but does it also change when enemies appear or just their difficulty?

I get that The Last of Us is story driven and its meant to be an empty world but after playing through on normal I still finished it thinking it wouldn't have hurt if a few of those empty rooms I was raiding for supplies ended up having an infected or survivor jumping out of a corner, same with the water areas I kept wondering if there'd be an infected or something down there and was disappointed that they were never more than pathways to move through.

Bit late to the party but I just finished my first play through (ps3, normal), its a fantastic game and can really see why its so highly rated. The story, voice acting etc are about as good as I've played and the Ellie-Joel relationship was just so well done.

One question, I'm assuming the harder settings reduces ammo and supplies but does it also change when enemies appear or just their difficulty?

I get that The Last of Us is story driven and its meant to be an empty world but after playing through on normal I still finished it thinking it wouldn't have hurt if a few of those empty rooms I was raiding for supplies ended up having an infected or survivor jumping out of a corner, same with the water areas I kept wondering if there'd be an infected or something down there and was disappointed that they were never more than pathways to move through.

Most of the time the enemy's are the same numbers, there might be a handful of times where there are more, mostly its just they are more aggressive and notice you faster. and deal more damage.

• Easy: For beginners. More ammo, crafting supplies, melee weapons, and healing items are spawned in the world. Also, the enemies are quite easy to kill.
  • Normal: Supplies spawn at a normal rate. Enemies are moderately strong. Sharp melee weapons spawn late in the game.
  • Hard: Supplies are rare to come by, and non-infected enemies are more aggressive and use cover very often. Melee weapons, such as the Machete and Hatchet, are very rarely seen.
  • Survivor: For players that want a considerable challenge. Supplies are extremely rare to find. Game hints, prompts, and Listening Mode are disabled. All enemies do double damage.
  • Grounded: For the toughest of the hardcore. Supplies are next to non-existent. Listen Mode is disabled. All enemies do triple damage. The HUD is disabled. Enemy AI is extremely sharp; more so than survivor. Multiple mid-combat and mid-stealth checkpoints have been removed.

There is a new PS4 dynamic theme for $1.50 with the Fungal Growth from the title sequence for the "Outbreak Day" on sale this week, next week it goes back to $5. looks cool. Wish they would make the main menu as a theme.

can someone help me with a problem im experiencing.

I want to craft for and upgrade of the shotgun fire rate. It requires 3 blades and 40 parts which I have, but for some reason i cant craft this. It shows the blades of 3 is red, meaning I dont have enough even though i can clearly see that I have 3 blades in my crafting menu.

Any ideas?

2CxuiGM.jpg

o6aFBv9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can someone help me with a problem im experiencing.

I want to craft for and upgrade of the shotgun fire rate. It requires 3 blades and 40 parts which I have, but for some reason i cant craft this. It shows the blades of 3 is red, meaning I dont have enough even though i can clearly see that I have 3 blades in my crafting menu.

Any ideas?

2CxuiGM.jpg

o6aFBv9.jpg
Its not blades. Its tool kits. You need level 3 tool kits to do that upgrade. Weapon upgrades go by tool kit levels

Great game. Loved the empty and sparse nature between fights. A shame I only got halfway through left behind before my brother who I was borrowing it from demanded it back so he could trade it in. Thinking of buying it again just to finish that.

Great game. Loved the empty and sparse nature between fights. A shame I only got halfway through left behind before my brother who I was borrowing it from demanded it back so he could trade it in. Thinking of buying it again just to finish that.
definitely worth it, especially with The Last Of Us 2 coming out in 2017.

definitely worth it, especially with The Last Of Us 2 coming out in 2017.

Lol what? its not even announced yet, and with Naughty Dog back to a 1 dev team studio right now its only in the concept stage with no scripts. 2018 at the earliest.

They wont start production till May next year after giving the Uncharted 4 team some time off while some stay back to work on Uncharted 4 story DLC and others keep the Multiplayer working and doing the DLC for that. a little reveal and tease at E3 with first trailer at PSX the end of next year.

Lol what? its not even announced yet, and with Naughty Dog back to a 1 dev team studio right now its only in the concept stage with no scripts. 2018 at the earliest.

They wont start production till May next year after giving the Uncharted 4 team some time off while some stay back to work on Uncharted 4 story DLC and others keep the Multiplayer working and doing the DLC for that. a little reveal and tease at E3 with first trailer at PSX the end of next year.
Naughty still have two teams completely normal for people leave after work has finished on a project. Yes 2017 is way too early but I wouldn't count out 2018 as the release date, make no mistake they went straight into planning the second game, Neil was probably even writing up idea while writing the first.

Naughty still have two teams completely normal for people leave after work has finished on a project. Yes 2017 is way too early but I wouldn't count out 2018 as the release date, make no mistake they went straight into planning the second game, Neil was probably even writing up idea while writing the first.

There is nobody running the 2nd team if there is still one. ND lost a bunch of senior people after Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. They will have 2 full teams up again after Uncharted 4 has finished but right now its one and a pre-production crew.

Amy and Justin were the Uncharted 3 team and worked on Uncharted 4 before they left and Bruce and Neil took over did re-writes and chanced actors. I think they took other people over with them who did concepts, Lead Audio and Lead animators on TLoU. there were a lot who left with Amy and Justin.

Neil has said he isnt writing the squeal yet, he is finishing his own book and helping on TLoU movie script. Last i herd before Neil and Bruce took over uncharted they were still deciding of what story to tell for TLoU2 if they picked new people or stayed with Ellie/Joel. There are some people who did concept art and character concepts since May this year but some have already left ND since then.

I think at E3 they studio heads said it was all hands on deck for Uncharted 4 and no 2nd team right now. And have just stated to hire the temps to help finish the game over the last month

There will be a small crew who are doing concept are and pre-production for TLoU2 if they have a basic idea of the story and are doing concepts for new locations/characters and new infected. but most will be working on Uncharted until Feb then take a couple of months off before going into the next game. And they wont do TLoU2 without Neil and Bruce. There was some who did pre-production on a new Jax game before they finished Uncharted 2 before coming up with TLoU. Right now there will be less then 50 people working on a 2nd game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back