Official Club Stuff The Licence The Lunch

Remove this Banner Ad

This should be a fascinating session for anyone who wants to know the real story of Port's AFL bids.

licencejourney_620x200.jpg

What really happened in our battle to win an AFL licence?

1990 - Former AFL Chairman Ross Oakley will detail the events leading up to the licence bid, while current board member and former journalist Cos Cardone will reveal his pursuit of the story that rocked the SANFL

1996 - Former president Greg Boulton and CEO Brian Cunningham will give you a behind the scenes look at the battle for the second licence

2014 - Current Chairman David Koch and CEO Keith Thomas will look at the licence journey and what it means to the club

The Licence, The Journey
Date:
Friday 22 August, 2014
Time: 12.30pm-3pm
Includes: Three-course meal, premium beverage package, business card draw and great entertainment
Price: $110
Book: email functions@pafc.com.au or phone 8447 9902

This should be a fascinating session for anyone who wants to know the real story of Port's AFL bids.

licencejourney_620x200.jpg

What really happened in our battle to win an AFL licence?

1990 - Former AFL Chairman Ross Oakley will detail the events leading up to the licence bid, while current board member and former journalist Cos Cardone will reveal his pursuit of the story that rocked the SANFL

1996 - Former president Greg Boulton and CEO Brian Cunningham will give you a behind the scenes look at the battle for the second licence

2014 - Current Chairman David Koch and CEO Keith Thomas will look at the licence journey and what it means to the club

The Licence, The Journey
Date:
Friday 22 August, 2014
Time: 12.30pm-3pm
Includes: Three-course meal, premium beverage package, business card draw and great entertainment
Price: $110
Book: email functions@pafc.com.au or phone 8447 9902

This might just be a sick day for me!

You really need Bruce Weber and Alan Schwab to be alive to get the full story. But this will be as close as we get to the truth about 1990, 1994-1996 and 2012-2014 negotiations.

Last edited:
You really need Bruce Weber and Alan Schwab to be alive to get the full story. But this will be as close as we get to the true about 1990, 1994-1996 and 2012-2014 negotiations.

I'll get on to that just after I get the Beatles back together.

Would be interesting to hear
Yep.

Bazz Curtains plugged it with KT at the after-match yesterday.

His Casualness said:
I didn't think we were quite ready for this yet, but the book (Oakley's) is out, so why not. There's a couple of skeletons in that closet....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's going? I'd love to go but would prefer to to be with people from this site.
Here's a little slightly peripheral nostalgia.

My cousin wanted to go so he bought a ticket for him and I on Monday at the Port club. But they have to send it out to him etc so as long as there are no stuff ups I will be there.

My cousin wanted to go so he bought a ticket for him and I on Monday at the Port club. But they have to send it out to him etc so as long as there are no stuff ups I will be there.
Do you know your table number? If so I'll try and get a seat there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back