Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Juvenile Hird very unprofessional.

Competition for worst fans in the comp still alive

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/the-worst-fans-in-the-league/tabid/91/newsid/170562/default.aspx

Eagles fans don't have a lock on being the worst fans in the league, however, after the Essendon fans disgraced themselves on Saturday night. Bombers fans' willingness to boo their own players has always had them on the nose, but their treatment of former player Paddy Ryder on Saturday night was truly horrendous. Ryder was a wonderful servant of the club and only left after he and his wife were terrified that he could have been injected with a substance that was potentially harmful to his child.

This wasn't simply a case of a player turning his back on a club for the offer of more money – this was a player, like so many of those caught up in the supplements scandal, who was used as a pharmacological guinea pig by the club without it being able to tell him what substances he was injected with. He was let down by Essendon, and rightly chose to get away from the place. Perhaps it is the fact that Ryder's exit highlights the hypocrisy of the other players at the club that are happy to play the victim card, yet stick with the club that wronged them, which so offends Essendon fans.

Emma Quayle, once again, showing that she's one of the best in the business.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-saved-jason-cripps-life-20150731-gip23i.html

Jason Cripps can't remember catching the plane to Perth. He can't remember organising to meet his mates in the hotel foyer early the next morning, heading out for a light, easy run not long after seven or crouching down like a wicket-keeper with a few hundred metres to go and waving the other two on. Cripps is sitting at one end of a long table, surrounded by seven of the people who were with him when he had a sudden, massive heart attack and nearly died by the side of the running track. They are his colleagues, his competitors, his friends and something entirely new now, because they helped save his life. His story is their story, too. He is hearing it for the first time and he has no idea what to say. "All I can think of is thank you. And it's not enough."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-saved-jason-cripps-life-20150731-gip23i.html

How is that even a 'sliding doors' moment or thing? He really doesn't try with that s**t does he

Whilst I hate much of the sensationalist crap that these guys put out in their newspapers, at least it is 'actual' writing that takes some sort of skill to come up with.

Delivering the same half-witted opinions and unsubstantiated rumours in a single disjointed sentence just makes me shake my head in disbelief. The fact that it is proudly published on the leagues website effectively legitimising it's content causes me to put my head in my hands. And then I hear people propagate the bullshit sprouted in these columns and start bashing my head on the desk.

For my own sanity I go to great lengths to try and avoid acknowledging the weekly pieces existence like the plague!

How is that even a 'sliding doors' moment or thing? He really doesn't try with that s**t does he

it should really be "damo's 10 thoughts from a flog"

If you put an ellipsis in the middle of a normal sentence in the mistaken belief that this makes the sentence some sort of deeply thought-provoking 'sliding doors' musing ... then you are a massive flog.

In today's paper.

C2JqMXQ.png

this is hasn't been happening just this season as well, it's has been going for at least a couple of seasons.

Would also be fair to say that if the cows had the same type of draw we had they'd clearly be a bottom 5 side.

In today's paper.

this is hasn't been happening just this season as well, it's has been going for at least a couple of seasons.

Would also be fair to say that if the cows had the same type of draw we had they'd clearly be a bottom 5 side.

The Crows would have to be every Melbourne supporter's second team with all the downhill skiing they do.

what really worries me is not that Damo clearly doesn't understand the sliding doors concept but that he's been doing this s**t for quite a long time now and nobody has taken the time to explain it to him. So either nobody else at afl.com or any of his friends, family or colleagues understand it either - or everyone who knows him thinks he's complete ******** and are happy for him to continue to look like a dill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what really worries me is not that Damo clearly doesn't understand the sliding doors concept but that he's been doing this s**t for quite a long time now and nobody has taken the time to explain it to him. So either nobody else at afl.com or any of his friends, family or colleagues understand it either - or everyone who knows him thinks he's complete ******** and are happy for him to continue to look like a dill

... or no one reads his rubbish.

The Crows results post Walsh are actually better than the likely outcome is he ws there.

Club Walsh Without
Geelong 0 2
Port 2 4
Gold Coast 4 4
Sydney 0 0

By my reckoning they have 4 more points than they would otherwise have got (6 irl). The emotion allowed them to win the showdown (which with Walsh we could say was 50/50) and they were given the draw against Geelong.

Crows were a mid ranked team that got a mid ranked draw. We were a top side who got a top side ranked draw. There is nothing to see here really. If we'd actually beaten the bottom 4 likes of Carlton and Brisbane, we'd be in the 8. The Crows are September pretenders but they got a reasonable draw based on where they finished last year.

I don't see why comparing ourselves to the Crows is relevant? We got a tough draw and we failed. Who cares what they are doing. Measuring ourselves against a mediocre team is an interesting habit.

In today's paper.

C2JqMXQ.png

What I find difficult to understand is that the paper would actually print something like this. I mean, the whole thing practically screams out the cows are s**t and can't even compete with the humungous leg-up they get with an easier draw this year.

Should be renamed "Talking Bollocks Glibly"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back