The Official "Is It OK To Laugh At The 76ers?" Week 4 Thread

Would you have shirtfronted Vladimir Putin at this week's G20 Summit?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • You bet you are, you bet I am

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just watching the 30 for 30 about Len Bias again. A real family tragedy with what happened to the brother as well. Like the first time watching I felt the doco was a bit rushed in the ending as it didn't probably flush out the entire story. The ending where it attempted to link Len Bias's impact on the United States 'War on Drugs' as well as the Celtics failure to win a championship for so many years probably was a bit under explored. But the reflections of families and friends is strong. The mother seems like a strong person to say the least.
Seeing docos like this as well as the one about Ben Wilson do make you sad when you consider these great potential careers but on reflection more so for the families and friends and their tremendous loss.

Was just watching the 30 for 30 about Len Bias again. A real family tragedy with what happened to the brother as well. Like the first time watching I felt the doco was a bit rushed in the ending as it didn't probably flush out the entire story. The ending where it attempted to link Len Bias's impact on the United States 'War on Drugs' as well as the Celtics failure to win a championship for so many years probably was a bit under explored. But the reflections of families and friends is strong. The mother seems like a strong person to say the least.
Seeing docos like this as well as the one about Ben Wilson do make you sad when you consider these great potential careers but on reflection more so for the families and friends and their tremendous loss.

From a basketball perspective, it's pretty amazing how that Celtics dynasty fell apart through injury and death - Bias, Reggie Lewis, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, etc. The late '80s and early '90s in the NBA could have played out very differently had those four either lived or been fully healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back