The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopped at the intersection of Marmion and Burns Beach Rd earlier today when I see smoke coming from the drivers window of a blue Elantra stopped a few cars ahead. Light turns green, I pull up alongside and look in and the driver is casually ripping cones while driving. Was quite an unusual sight.

Anyone seen this before?

My thoughts on Krispy Kreme opening in Perth and the ensuing circus belong in the 'Things you just don't understand' and 'Things that s**t me' threads.

It's just novelty value because it's a big chain WA has never had before. It will wear off after Christmas and people will realise it's just another doughnut shop. And not actually that good.

Also the word 'donuts' can GTFO. They are doughnuts, they are made of dough.
Doh

Stopped at the intersection of Marmion and Burns Beach Rd earlier today when I see smoke coming from the drivers window of a blue Elantra stopped a few cars ahead. Light turns green, I pull up alongside and look in and the driver is casually ripping cones while driving. Was quite an unusual sight.

Anyone seen this before?
Interesting response to the stupidly long traffic light cycle times in Perth

Anyone seen this before?
I dont venture to the pigdog northern suburbs.

Anyone seen this before?

Seen it on the freeway heading to Mandurah

Ripping a fatty at 110km's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts on Krispy Kreme opening in Perth and the ensuing circus belong in the 'Things you just don't understand' and 'Things that s**t me' threads.

It's just novelty value because it's a big chain WA has never had before. It will wear off after Christmas and people will realise it's just another doughnut shop. And not actually that good.

Agree, they're terrible. The only ones I could stomach were the normal glazed ones but they're nothing special.

I guess people won't be going nuts and bringing boxes back from Sydney Airport anymore and taking up carry on luggage space. :p

Agree, they're terrible. The only ones I could stomach were the normal glazed ones but they're nothing special.

I guess people won't be going nuts and bringing boxes back from Sydney Airport anymore and taking up carry on luggage space. :p
Reminds me of a conversation when some lady had immediatly taken every freaking overhead luggage spot in my room

"hey excuse me, could i put my bag up there as well?"

"Sorry but i need them for my donuts"

5 boxes crammed in. I just blindly stared and eventually she took 3 out and put them on her lap and bitched the whole time

Reminds me of a conversation when some lady had immediatly taken every freaking overhead luggage spot in my room

"hey excuse me, could i put my bag up there as well?"

"Sorry but i need them for my donuts"

5 boxes crammed in. I just blindly stared and eventually she took 3 out and put them on her lap and bitched the whole time

At least the days of those clear plastic bags and those big white boxes on domestic flights are now over.

They will still be opening stores well before that though. I think the distribution centre won't be complete till early 2016.
It looks done from the outside but might take some time to get fitted internally- has been complete externally for a month or two, now.
Is it Warnbro or Rockingham that's getting the first store? I hadn't heard of a second one in the pipeline- where will that be?

Totally agree re "donuts" - my Mum taught me to spell it properly- but I find it hard to write "doughnuts" when I'm talking about getting them from Dreamy Donuts :oops:

It looks done from the outside but might take some time to get fitted internally- has been complete externally for a month or two, now.
Is it Warnbro or Rockingham that's getting the first store? I hadn't heard of a second one in the pipeline- where will that be?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/business...085263388?nk=ca86af38e3e11516595340e00637b758

GERMAN supermarket chain Aldi will invest $400 million opening 70-80 WA stores in the next two years.

The discount supermarket giant plans to open its first stores in Kwinana and Rockingham.

Other sites include Cannington, Southern River, Halls Head (Mandurah, South Lake, Joondalup, Midland, Mundaring and Ellenbrook.

choc caramel or the white choc.

mmmm so tempted to make a garden city trip exclusively for donuts.
Guess what, Balkan??
Guess what I ate for lunch???
I went here:
image.jpg

and I took your advice and bought a white choc doUGHnut and it was DELICIOUS!!! The best doUGHnut that I've ever had from there! Just when I thought I was never EVER going to buy a doUGHnut again...

When I weigh 120kg, I'm coming over your place to smack you!
(But it was sure worth it! I didn't get that "tub of lard" aftertaste - for the first time ever!)

Anyone seen this before?
UnBELIEVable!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back