The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Robertson looks set to turn the Three Rs midfield into the Four Rs.

Can't wait until we get Rich, Redden, Rockliff and Robertson lining up at the same centre bounce. With Rainsey coming in off the wing.

Can't wait until we get Rich, Redden, Rockliff and Robertson lining up at the same centre bounce. With Rainsey coming in off the wing.
Not to mention Ryan Lester and Ryan Harwood too! ;)

Yep, all those "R"s could be the real spiritual essence of our team for years.
One might even say the soul of the club. We could have a really tight R so.. forget it.

Ah, a fan of the Simon Black school of rucking, I see, with those four lining up at the same centre bounce.

We could go back to the Auskick days where the umpire chooses two players from the centre square at random to compete in the ruck contest.

A big thumbs up for Zorko. Hard to believe he has played less than 50 games. He seems to have really stepped up to another level this year. Some of his in and under work on Saturday night was clean and composed. On top of what we know he can provide up forward, it's great to see that he's more than capable in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the video of the boys singing the song, absolutely loved it. I had a laugh at the fact we had two circles going! haha. What I noticed the most was the smile on Leppas face looking around the room. It would of brought back some good memories for him and I think he would of loved that win almost more than anyone. Can't wait to see our game plan blossom in the coming months and see what we are building.

Just watched the video of the boys singing the song, absolutely loved it. I had a laugh at the fact we had two circles going! haha. What I noticed the most was the smile on Leppas face looking around the room. It would of brought back some good memories for him and I think he would of loved that win almost more than anyone. Can't wait to see our game plan blossom in the coming months and see what we are building.

Lots of passion in the room - a tight group which is what will help us rise.

When we execute the game plan every week, we'll be pretty, pretty pretty good.

Last edited:
Hearing Dermie talk up a future father son of ours, the way he was speaking about him made him sound like a gun. The kid's still young and still a way off (about 4 years) but i can't wait to see if he fulfills his potential.

Hearing Dermie talk up a future father son of ours, the way he was speaking about him made him sound like a gun. The kid's still young and still a way off (about 4 years) but i can't wait to see if he fulfills his potential.

Where/when did this discussion about Lachie Harris take place? Would be interested in tracking it down.

Where/when did this discussion about Lachie Harris take place? Would be interested in tracking it down.

Good guess, Sen tonight on the run home. Talked about how much gloom and doom surrounds the Lions atm then went on to say the kid looks so good that we should be happy at what could be. Said he was quick.

New AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan says he will work closely with Brisbane Lions to turn their fortunes around

NEW AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan is on a mission to fix Brisbane. McLachlan was officially unveiled as Andrew Demetriou’s successor yesterday when he said helping the competition’s “weaker” clubs was his top priority when he officially takes the reins on June 6. The Lions are fairly and squarely in his sights with McLachlan set to make two trips to Queensland in the next six weeks.

McLachlan said the Gold Coast Suns were “tracking really well” and “pushing to play finals this year” while community and junior football was as “strong as ever” in Queensland.

But Brisbane — in a state of flux over a new training and administration base, in significant debt and last on the AFL ladder after six rounds — had issues that needed to be addressed urgently. “Brisbane and Queensland are incredibly important to me,” McLachlan told The Courier-Mail.

“Obviously Brisbane are going through a tough period at the moment and that’s challenging. “We will be working very closely with the Lions to turn that around. “Look at Port Adelaide, the difference between the top and the bottom is not always as much as you think. “They’ve got some list management challenges. They just need to keep playing young kids and develop their list. “If you get that stuff right, you win games and have a story about the club. Membership and support flows from that.”

No quote function...sounds promising, one can only hope that actions speak louder than words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back