The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good news about both players!

Bewick strikes me as a player who would look great right now in a team like Hawthorn - he would run and carry from the back or be the running option up forward and be a nightmare for the opposition. We aren't at that level...yet. But when we do start to beat a few teams, Bewick is the sort of guy who will come into his own. He will be the player who will send us forward all day or kick three or four goals.

Robbo is like a hyperactive puppy - all energy, some of it misspent, constant involvement, playing like it's an emergency. I recall one game where we were already well beaten and he charged into a contest like it was the last minute of a tight grand final. He didn't win the ball or make the tackle but it doesn't matter.

In the next couple of years he will learn to use that energy efficiently, to judge his play, to slow down and make good decisions. I hope they attach him to Simon Black's side for the next year and just let him absorb.

The best thing though - the guy who at eighteen treats a contest in an inconsequential game like it is the last minute of a tight grand final...is the guy who in the future will win the game for us in the last minute of a tight grand final.

The best thing though - the guy who at eighteen treats a contest in an inconsequential game like it is the last minute of a tight grand final...is the guy who in the future will win the game for us in the last minute of a tight grand final.

Robbo has all the attributes to be first class. He is tough, strong and a natural ball winner. But as stated before; he's elite in his endeavor. Its these types of guys that become great captains.

Really good news about both players!

Bewick strikes me as a player who would look great right now in a team like Hawthorn - he would run and carry from the back or be the running option up forward and be a nightmare for the opposition. We aren't at that level...yet. But when we do start to beat a few teams, Bewick is the sort of guy who will come into his own. He will be the player who will send us forward all day or kick three or four goals.

Robbo is like a hyperactive puppy - all energy, some of it misspent, constant involvement, playing like it's an emergency. I recall one game where we were already well beaten and he charged into a contest like it was the last minute of a tight grand final. He didn't win the ball or make the tackle but it doesn't matter.

In the next couple of years he will learn to use that energy efficiently, to judge his play, to slow down and make good decisions. I hope they attach him to Simon Black's side for the next year and just let him absorb.

Bewick will be our Issac Smith

Makes it a fair battle for spots if Leuey, Martin and West are all fit come round 1

I'll expect to see pigs floating through Brisbane's airspace if that happens.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot which thread I was on.

Last edited:
Good problem to have. Cant see them all being fit together for long. I think Martin and Luey give us more than Luey and West. Both Martin and Luey are way more agile and athletic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll expect to see pigs floating through Brisbane's airspace if that happens.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot which thread I was on.
It has been been known to occur!

And on a positive note, this one
137591.jpg
seems to be heading that way.

Or does it just find it difficult to point its ass into the wind?

First 100 point game

Rocky and Hanley career best disposals

Hanley 1000m gained ( all Australian??)

Green and Close equal career best goals for a game.

Effort and tackling.

First 4 quarter game that represented the scoreboard, others have been good effort but no reward on the scoreboard.

Overall defence, kept them under 60 points

No passengers

Bewick did a great job on Bennell

The crowd was awesome. Not just the size but they were really into. Apart from when they all ran undercover when it started raining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back