The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the problem is we have been bottom 5/6 every year and gotten a pick around 6 every year. We havent actually bottomed out like the Saints last year, got the pick 1 and got the big hulking forward in McCartin we could have used.
I read an article saying we are the only team without an established forward or a hyped up young one.

We actually do have quite a few forwards on our list but they are all too young or low quality.

I think the problem is we have been bottom 5/6 every year and gotten a pick around 6 every year. We havent actually bottomed out like the Saints last year, got the pick 1 and got the big hulking forward in McCartin we could have used.
I read an article saying we are the only team without an established forward or a hyped up young one.

We actually do have quite a few forwards on our list but they are all too young or low quality.
This isn't very positive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really liked Golby's game. Looked every bit the player we hoped he would develop into back in 2012/13. Has reinvigorated my hope for his career. After weeks of our senior players not being able to handle the footy, it was refreshing to have Golby seem composed. His disposal was back to a good level too.

Cutler's performance is something to get really excited about I think. His ability to open the game up suits the type of footy we're trying to play to a tee, and he provides such great run off half back. Once he fixed up his disposals he was our best out there, I thought.

And then Robertson. Well, I had concerns for him after his few games last year that he might be too crash and bash with no finesse. Was very impressed by him today. Similarly to Golby and Cutler, the word composure comes to mind. Also was one of very few who you'd back to win a contest on the ground or in the air. His strength is a real asset.

Those three have all proven why they got a run, and will hopefully build on very promising first up performances for the year.

As for the rest, Martin was his usual self, Clarke stood up more than ever, and D Beams finally started to find a bit of space. Rich was pretty good too.

Our Guernsey actually looked better with the yellow side panels. Would love it on our Guernsey permanently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back