The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You will have to repeat it. If possible, they will try to squeeze it in with the next years subjects so you don't have an extra semester.
Is it a big deal though? Like will it affect my future going forward?

I've been batttling through my whole first semester to be honest. Still very much in a laid back mode since finishing school.

I've been batttling through my whole first semester to be honest. Still very much in a laid back mode since finishing school.
Depends on the field you're studying in I guess, the score will count towards your GPA. Some jobs would look at that I guess.
I was very much just get my diploma (Should have really studied more). I failed 2 subjects, finished my course though and I'm currently very happy that I was able to get a position.

You still have to pay for it on HECS (so paying for it twice, if you do it again) and do the assignments again in full (can't resubmit a previous one). I haven't entered the real workforce yet, so don't know if employers really care, but when applying for graduate jobs you have to say if you've failed a class. Given the competitiveness of those jobs, they probably do rule those candidates out. They can be extremely picky.

You still have to pay for it on HECS (so paying for it twice, if you do it again) and do the assignments again in full (can't resubmit a previous one). I haven't entered the real workforce yet, so don't know if employers really care, but when applying for graduate jobs you have to say if you've failed a class. Given the competitiveness of those jobs, they probably do rule those candidates out. They can be extremely picky.
Yeah I guess I would have to make up for it some other way to make my resume look better.

Still don't even know if this is the course for me either.

Yeah I guess I would have to make up for it some other way to make my resume look better.

I can't see it making a huge difference on standard job applications, usually you just list your qualification, not the mark you got for every class. You do have to do that for grad jobs though. But if you're finding it really hard to get into the course, it might not be the one for you.

Don't just go on and on without really thinking it through. One year on a course you found wasn't for you is less of a waste than 3 years on a qualification you'll never use.

lel what're you studying?

GPA only matters if you actually put it on your CV pending degree/area of study.

lel what're you studying?

GPA only matters if you actually put it on your CV pending degree/area of study.
Business, more specifically Economics and Finance.
I can't see it making a huge difference on standard job applications, usually you just list your qualification, not the mark you got for every class. You do have to do that for grad jobs though. But if you're finding it really hard to get into the course, it might not be the one for you.

Don't just go on and on without really thinking it through. One year on a course you found wasn't for you is less of a waste than 3 years on a qualification you'll never use.
It will be useful definitely and I've found a fair bit of it interesting, but it's more the outcome that I see out of the course that I see myself struggling to have interest in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the course, uni, etc. (Way back) when I was at uni I failed heaps of stuff due to a combination of laziness, alcohol and stupidity - mostly the first one. But at the same time at the same, very low rated, uni nursing students were booted from the course if they failed one unit.

As for your future, it makes things a bit easier if you have a high GPA (especially from a sandstone uni) in most fields. But having the right attitude and aptitude, and some relevant work experience, are more important most of the time. Its probably most important for your first job if entering via a grad intake stream. After that, experience and contacts are all that counts.

A bachelor degree is nothing special these days. It holds about as much credence as finishing year 12 did back in my day. All it does is allow you to compete, it isn't going to land you a job. In some fields a Masters might, in many that means nothing as well.

It would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Safe and simple like a game. Pouring out the same old same. Repetitive regurgitation. It's the pepsi generation!
I'm from the MTV generation, we feel neither highs or lows.

I'm from the MTV generation, we feel neither highs or lows.

fvbdy8.jpg

"Oh, here comes that cannonball guy. He's cool."
"Are you being sarcastic?"
"I don't even know anymore"

Do people usually announce pregnancies to friends & family after just 3 weeks ?
Of course I'm refering to the Edelsten-Grecko creature.Don't women usually wait about 2-3 months as the early stages are often when there's problems ?
Yeah I think maybe they wait until the first ultrasound just in case there are any complications.

suddenly a who bunch of wedding related, adverts have been popping up on google. Bored at 5 am i decided to check my history and discovered i whole bunch of sites (over 50 entries, in june, higher then me going on pr0n sites) that sell wedding dresses and wedding rings and s**t were being looked at while i was at work.

Now i honestly have no intention of ever even considering marrying my GF and i thought she know that. How worried should i be that a talk about "where do you see us X years from now" is on its way?

Now i honestly have no intention of ever even considering marrying my GF and i thought she know that. How worried should i be that a talk about "where do you see us X years from now" is on its way?
She could be looking at it for a friend, but more than likely for herself...

Do you not want to marry her because you don't see a future with her? Or because you don't like the idea of marriage?

If you get on the front foot with this you need to be very explicit that you've been getting ad's for them, otherwise it'll look a bit stalky.

She could be looking at it for a friend, but more than likely for herself...

Do you not want to marry her because you don't see a future with her? Or because you don't like the idea of marriage?

If you get on the front foot with this you need to be very explicit that you've been getting ad's for them, otherwise it'll look a bit stalky.

Its not either, Its just, i know i can't make the commitment to be with someone for the rest of my life, I can't say that 15 years from now i will feel the same as do now, not just about her, but about me. My outlook on life everything changed so much over the years. I'm not the marrying kind.

I just don't want to * this up, but i'll feel like a prick if she thinks these is going to lead ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back