Politics The Republic Debate

Are you in favour of Australia becoming a Republic with an Austalian head of state?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet there's a clear majority in the BF referendum for yes.

And Christopher Pyne and Paul Keating are on the same side of a debate.

Accept it monarchist toads, the people are against you.

lel

Those on here most in favour of a republic are all probably around the same age and would have relatively similar backgrounds. Definitely not a good sample of 'the people'. I'd trust Newspoll a bit more than BFpoll.

Yes she would.

The Queen doesn’t need a visa, as she is Queen of Australia and Head of State. She is not regarded as a foreign dignitary.

Other members of the Royal Family are granted Special Purpose Visas via Regulation. (Regulation 2.40 of the Migration Regulations)

Other Heads of State visiting Australia enjoy immunity from most immigration requirements under the Vienna Conventions on diplomatic and consular immunities.

In fact the Queen does not even require a British passport.

As a British passport is issued in the name of Her Majesty, it is unnecessary for The Queen to possess one. All other members of the Royal Family, including The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales, have passports.

Last edited:

The Queen doesn’t need a visa, as she is Queen of Australia and Head of State.

Other members of the Royal Family are granted Special Purpose Visas via Regulation. (Regulation 2.40 of the Migration Regulations)

Other Heads of State visiting Australia enjoy immunity from most immigration requirements under the Vienna Conventions on diplomatic and consular immunities.

In fact the Queen does not even require a British passport.

As a British passport is issued in the name of Her Majesty, it is unnecessary for The Queen to possess one. All other members of the Royal Family, including The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales, have passports.

Way to prove my point that the "Australian" political system is run by a foreigner who literally embodies the antithesis of democracy.

Your Queen.

Not mine.

Last edited:
Roylion, does the Royal Family have British or EU passports?

British passports ARE European Union passports albeit the UK is not in Schengen.

Another great anomaly.

We have a Brit as a head of state, but if you want to work in the UK, Australians may as well be from Zimbabwe.

However the son of a Waffen SS general is free to work whenever and wherever they please.

Way to prove my point that the "Australian" political system is run by a foreigner.

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, Queen of Australia and Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth.

The Australian monarchy is politically separate from that of the British monarchy and has been since 1942. The British monarchy has had no political power in Australia since 1986.

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, Queen of Australia and Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth.

The Australian monarchy is politically separate from that of the British monarchy and has been since 1942. The British monarchy has had no political power in Australia since 1986.

You might fall for that serf, I do not.

I find it hugely illustrative that Elizabeth is Queen "by the grace of God". Really?

So now God is getting a run.

To wit, the Queen, our head of state, has as her qualification for this, having popped out her gin soaked gambling addict mother with the added mandate of the "grace of God".

Yet a minority seem to feel this is a satisfactory state of affairs and good way to run a political system.

To wit, the Queen, our head of state, has as her qualification for this, having popped out her gin soaked gambling addict mother with the added mandate of the "grace of God".

Yet a minority seem to feel this is a satisfactory state of affairs and good way to run a political system.
In what way does the Queen have any involvement in the running of Australia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hugely illustrative that Elizabeth is Queen "by the grace of God". Really?

So now God is getting a run.

It's in her official Australian title.

Royal Style and Titles Act 1953 (amended in 1973).

It's in her official Australian title.

Again, further proof of what a farce it is.

She has a "mandate from heaven" now.

Again, further proof of what a farce it is.

She has a "mandate from heaven" now.

According to the Australian Parliament she has.

Anything else you'd like to know about the Australian monarchy? Your knowledge seems sadly lacking.

The Australian parliament has voted in a lot of undemocratic and outdated stuff that has subsequently been modernised.

I suggest you raise the issue with your local federal MP.

I'm pretty sure Adam Bandt is with me on the republic stuff.

No, as in, which one is it? Are the Royal Family beholden to the EU?

They are British passports. However in relation to the EU, they also have whatever rights the holder of British passports bestows on their owner. The Queen does not have a British passport.

I'm pretty sure Adam Bandt is with me on the republic stuff.

Then he can raise the very important issue of the Queen of Australia's Australian title and style at the appropriate time.

I look forward to his bill, proposing the amendment to remove "by the Grace of God" from the Royal Styles and Titles Act.

Anything else you'd like to know?

Last edited:

Anything else you'd like to know about the Australian monarchy? Your knowledge seems sadly lacking.

Thing is hardly anyone knows this stuff. The information is there for sure though - thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Makes me think a monarchy is even LESS relevant:thumbsu:

Thing is hardly anyone knows this stuff. The information is there for sure though - thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Makes me think a monarchy is even LESS relevant:thumbsu:

That's up to you. As I've said, I'm of the opinion that the system of constitutional monarchy is a superior form of government to a republic.

That's nothing to do with 'god' either. I'm an agnostic and have no religious affiliation.

I really haven't read a good argument that convinces me of the superiority of a republic as a governmental system.

Last edited:
Back