The Subtle Racism movement AKA - The Art of finding offense where there is none.

Remove this Banner Ad

RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.
It's truly truly absurd where this 'movement' is heading.

http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/m...reotypes-to-mcgregor-film-20130219-2eos4.html

So your making an Australian film where it appears you are going to be filming prison set sequences, which given the makeup of prison populations within this country, common sense would therefore suggest would require a large number of indigenous extras and actors.

But apparently to advertise for that is now 'racism'.

For the love of god where is it going to end? You can find racism everywhere it would appear.

I'm not a lawyer, but I seem to recall the concept of 'subtle racism' largely drove how WA's race hate laws were set up under the former Labor governments....with the onus on the individual being offended by the slur, rather than the inherent existing racism within the slur itself.

Slippery slope we are heading down I would of thought....and one certainly not conducive to the idea of black and white moving forward in a positive direction that's for sure.

http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/m...reotypes-to-mcgregor-film-20130219-2eos4.html

So your making an Australian film where it appears you are going to be filming prison set sequences, which given the makeup of prison populations within this country, common sense would therefore suggest would require a large number of indigenous extras and actors.

For the love of god where is it going to end? You can find racism everywhere it would appear.

I'm not a lawyer, but I seem to recall the concept of 'subtle racism' largely drove how WA's race hate laws were set up under the former Labor governments....with the onus on the individual being offended by the slur, rather than the inherent existing racism within the slur itself.

Slippery slope we are heading down I would of thought....and one certainly not conducive to the idea of black and white moving forward in a positive direction that's for sure.
Epic post. A number of great points.

Dan: I'm just trying to get into TV. I mean, to be honest, there's not a lot of black faces needed on television.
Maggie: No. [pause] "Crime Watch."
Dan: What?
Maggie: The reconstructions on "Crime Watch", they always need black actors... [pause] or white actors. They need black actors and white actors. Depending on who's committing the crime that day. I mean there's criminals--black criminals. Certainly, there's white criminals as well as black criminals... [silence]

Article is dated February 19 2013

Did you only just get to reading it or is that how far back you had to go to find something to make your point

Are you from West Australia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finds an 18 month old click bait web post, desperately uses it to back up some point, nice work detective o_O

As a West Australian I am offended and disgusted that you're making such rash generalisations about our people, you're a racist and a bigot.
"Stateist" actually, and for the record there is a marked correlation between, right wing, racist tendency and identifying as Western Australian,specifically Fremantle, or a Fremantle supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back