Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not overly sad because we expected it, but my wife has had a miscarriage 7 weeks in.

It's good in the sense that it's early and we were anticipating it as such after a scan last week, but it's still sad.

Given we've had two rounds of IVF this year, and one of them has now resulted in a miscarriage, those who can conceive without issue will never know - or understand - how much that is tkane for granted. From both a mental perspective and financial too.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Infertility and difficulty conceiving is a hell few can understand ❤️

Not overly sad because we expected it, but my wife has had a miscarriage 7 weeks in.

It's good in the sense that it's early and we were anticipating it as such after a scan last week, but it's still sad.

Given we've had two rounds of IVF this year, and one of them has now resulted in a miscarriage, those who can conceive without issue will never know - or understand - how much that is tkane for granted. From both a mental perspective and financial too.
Love to the three of you Cruffy.

So sorry to hear mate, I know exactly how you feel having done ivf before having both heartbreak and success. You are correct people who have no issue conceiving don’t generally understand how much of a miracle conception really is. Thoughts are with you and your partner at this difficult time. Take your time to grieve and I wish you all the best for the future.

So sorry to hear mate, I know exactly how you feel having done ivf before having both heartbreak and success. You are correct people who have no issue conceiving don’t generally understand how much of a miracle conception really is. Thoughts are with you and your partner at this difficult time. Take your time to grieve and I wish you all the best for the future.
So heartwarming to read.

Thank you MP.

So heartwarming to read.

Thank you MP.
Happy to have a chat privately if you need, we had ivf 20 years ago but I still understand all the processes and emotions involved.

Condolences, we did the IVF thing and it was a s**t show of a process, hope you both can keep going, geez you can get despondent along the way though.

Condolences, we did the IVF thing and it was a s**t show of a process, hope you both can keep going, geez you can get despondent along the way though.
Thanks, we got very lucky on our very first round where we got the magic of having our little daughter. 10 eggs, four died, and only one fertilisted.

Did an egg collection again late last year and we got 8 eggs, 6 are still left in the freezer, luckily.

We will go again in a few months.

IVF actually hasn't been bad, our clinic is reputably the best, and they're always so great to deal with.

My six year old’s attitude is getting me down. Yesterday I was trying to talk to him about it and he snapped at me, “why don’t I just turn back time so I was never born then??” It made me really sad 😭

Kids can be savage. I remember when my son was 6 he was asking about my mum's funeral. He said "did you cry like a little baby?" and I said I did, he just said "oh", little campaigner!

My six year old’s attitude is getting me down. Yesterday I was trying to talk to him about it and he snapped at me, “why don’t I just turn back time so I was never born then??” It made me really sad 😭

Kids are hard work
Just as we get over one bump, it seems overnight another one pops up.
There’s no one solution - just got to do whatever you thinks works for you and your family and sometimes as sad as it is, a little bit of attitude gets dished up and it can hurt but you just need to keep doing what you are doing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do I play this? Give me a summary please?
It’s a group game we play with between 20-30 people who are all part of a village. There is two evil factions called mafia and werewolves, at night they can try and kill someone in the village. The evil groups aim to kill enough of the village so they outnumber them and win the game. The village however also have people who can kill and protect however they don’t know who is good and bad . During the day everyone in the village has to decide who to lynch, and vil will try and lynch anyone that isn’t in their group. I’ve been playing this game online for over 20 years and brought it to bigfooty over ten years ago and a game runs generally every two weeks. It’s hard to just explain but is better to just jump in and play a game to learn. We actually had a game played on the gd board recently and probably got 5-6 new players playing from it. If you like to chat and be a detective and are good at trying to figure things it out then you should have a go. Plus you get a cool badge.

It’s a group game we play with between 20-30 people who are all part of a village. There is two evil factions called mafia and werewolves, at night they can try and kill someone in the village. The evil groups aim to kill enough of the village so they outnumber them and win the game. The village however also have people who can kill and protect however they don’t know who is good and bad . During the day everyone in the village has to decide who to lynch, and vil will try and lynch anyone that isn’t in their group. I’ve been playing this game online for over 20 years and brought it to bigfooty over ten years ago and a game runs generally every two weeks. It’s hard to just explain but is better to just jump in and play a game to learn. We actually had a game played on the gd board recently and probably got 5-6 new players playing from it. If you like to chat and be a detective and are good at trying to figure things it out then you should have a go. Plus you get a cool badge.
That sounds rather interesting. Will have a look

It seemed everything was going good. Four years after we were separated due to Covid, my partner and I finally ended long distance with him moving to Australia and in with me, in a newly leased one bedroom unit.

He's facing administrative nightmare after administrative nightmare, and a month in still hasn't got a Tax File Number or even an RSA (that he turned to getting after facing zero luck in his professional field). And then, without any warning, my work sacked me, when I'd been there five months and two weeks (so any unfair dismissal, which I would easily win, can't be taken).

It's an absolute downer and I feel like we're both just miserable. Trying to avoid spending money so staying in the whole time. My concern is that even if I do find something quickly, will I find something in the right income bracket. It's just an absolute mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back