The Title Race

Remove this Banner Ad

Aye. It only takes one. One simple mistake.
1.gif

But Gerrard has already slipped up

Erm..Wow?

Okay so here goes. All this season I've been telling my friends who don't follow football closely about how insane it would be if Liverpool managed to win the title (explaining the significance of it having not won the league for 24 years, the role of Gerrard, the strength of other opponents).

But, I've also been telling them about how worried I was that it was mirroring The Dark Knight Rises. Throughout this whole season I have had that image of Bane in my head where he's telling a crippled Bruce Wayne "There can be no true despair without hope". What if this whole title charge was our hope before the despair? So on Monday night, as you could imagine, I was sat feeling like Bruce Wayne watching Bane torture Gotham. It was a perfect metaphor of the stadium pitch crumbling. This was it. True despair.

But then as I awoke on Tuesday, I began to realise. Batman (Liverpool) at the end is staring down the barrel of Bane's (Despair) shotgun (1 game away), and he's saved...by Catwoman (Andy Carroll). This logic is flawless and so I am already making preparations for a 5pm title party. Come to think of it, maybe it should be a Batman themed one.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/254u0q/why_liverpool_are_still_winning_the_league/

Dear Satan,

I know you're reading this.

This is the deal. Let Collingwood have 17 and Essendon can destroy us again by 15 goals. But just stop Liverpoo from claiming this season's PL.

If you want, give them some lesser cup wins for the next 5 years or so.

Deal?

Yours with the greatest of sincerity.

imadodgyumpire.

Dear Satan,

Thanks a lot. That was brilliant work. The Crystal Palace game was a pisser! :thumbsu:

Regards

imadodgyumpire :hearts:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back