The Ultimate 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread - Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors (Game 1 Friday 3 June)

What was your favourite moment from the 2022 NBA regular season?

• Klay Thompson's return

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Saddiq Bey going for 50

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • The Knicks running it back

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • LeBron having fans kicked out of a game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lakers holding a mock coronation ceremony for King James after beating the Pacers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The Lakers missing the playoffs

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • The Lakers giving up a lottery pick

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Westbook's post game press conferences

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Horford gave me a ******* fright tonight though to be fair

Well that's the thing, on any one night anyone can get hot. And Horford's not a bad shooter at all.

But those three all getting hot on the same night is like getting three cherries on the pokies.

Boston need to make some moves in the summer to get over the hump.

They need a legitimate PG who can handle the ball and pass the ball and they need more help from the bench. Do those two things and they will be a good chance to get back to the finals.

Congrats to the Warriors though. Steph is all time.

The talk about Curry's LeGaCy is going to be nauseating next week.

This doesnt move Curry much imo, he's the same guy he has always been. Steve Kerr as a coach is probably the big winner of this season's run imo.
The biggest knock on his career to date has been finals performances and the notion that he needed KD for 2 of the 3.

I'd say a notching a finals MVP in a weaker team is fairly significant in terms of his legacy.

Hats off to GSW, all they had to do was get healthy and draft a quality bloke with pick 28 to grab another chip
Blessed with an amazing FO. Incredibly satisfying (and unexpected) to do it while hanging on to the younger pieces.

That depends a lot on where you rated him before it I guess, this Warriors team is far from a great one.

2nd best PG ever, top 20 player all time.

I already rated him high enough that this doesnt move him much for me.

4 rings is special though.

2nd best PG ever, top 20 player all time.

I already rated him high enough that this doesnt move him much for me.

4 rings is special though.
That’s fair, I think this pushes him closer to top 10, I would have to actually sit down and make that list though to be sure.

The big thing it does is make the next 5 years of his career very interesting, if he wins another 1-2 rings and 1-2 finals mvps all of a sudden his resume is insane

FT_E0JdXwAA8c8S

Kobe Bryant GIF

I'm a Warriors fan (used to play follow the Aussie until they got Bogut, stayed at the Bay) but since it's my first post in here (I've really only posted on reddit not here re: NBA) I won't carry on at all, but holy s**t how good was Wiggins series.
For someone whose always been knocked about "underperforming" for a #1 he really stepped up as the best 2 way player in the series and locked Tatum up for large periods.
Curry deservingly so got FMVP but I reckon Wiggins was a lot closer than plenty think.

I'm a Warriors fan (used to play follow the Aussie until they got Bogut, stayed at the Bay) but since it's my first post in here (I've really only posted on reddit not here re: NBA) I won't carry on at all, but holy s**t how good was Wiggins series.
For someone whose always been knocked about "underperforming" for a #1 he really stepped up as the best 2 way player in the series and locked Tatum up for large periods.
Curry deservingly so got FMVP but I reckon Wiggins was a lot closer than plenty think.

You were formerly a bucks fan too? Lucky you didnt follow thon maker.

Stay and post on this board mate. It's Bigfootys number 1 board.

You were formerly a bucks fan too? Lucky you didnt follow thon maker.

Stay and post on this board mate. It's Bigfootys number 1 board.

I never really considered myself a "fan" of any time, I more just followed the Aussies players who at the time were mostly role players coming off the bench.
So when Bogut started as such a high pick with a promising future I decided to follow him far more directly, but even then it wasn't until he got to the Warriors and I watched a game where Steph and Klay dropped bombs (I want to say 2012/13 maybe?) that I decided to stick with a team.
Hell of a decision in hindsight!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Klay is just weird.

He's a different kinda cat for sure, sounded (and looked) like his head was swimming during the entire press conference, made a few strange/funny remarks.
Personally the biggest telling presser was Tatum, he looked like his parents were murdered, I reckon he's taken the series loss on himself (and to a degree he'd be right), look out for him next season for sure.

That’s fair, I think this pushes him closer to top 10, I would have to actually sit down and make that list though to be sure.

The big thing it does is make the next 5 years of his career very interesting, if he wins another 1-2 rings and 1-2 finals mvps all of a sudden his resume is insane
He's definitely pushing top 10.

Jordan, LeBron, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Olajuwon, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe... that's 11.

Then you have Steph right in that next group with KD, Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson, West...

I was the same but stuck with the Bucks when he got traded. When GSW was winning all those championships I did wonder if I made the wrong decision but in the end it worked out with Giannis & the chip.

Enjoy the win!

My completely unscientific and arbitrary calculations (BPM/g x GmSc/g) put Curry's performance as the 22nd best finals performance, win or lose, since the availability of BPM data (1985).

2022 Curry (9.2 BPM x 24.1 gmsc) 222.2

Top 10 for fun:
1991 Jordan (16.8 BPM x 29.4 gmsc) 492.7
2021 Giannis (13.5 BPM x 31.9 gmsc) 429.6
2017 Durant (14.1 BPM x 30.3 gmsc) 426.6
1987 Magic (13.6 BPM x 28.3 gmsc) 383.5
2016 LeBron (13.6 BPM x 26.5 gmsc) 359.6
2017 LeBron (11.6 BPM x 29.6 gmsc) 344.0
2020 LeBron (12.3 BPM x 27.5 gmsc) 336.9
2018 LeBron (11.5 BPM x 28.3 gmsc) 326.2
1993 Jordan (11.0 BPM x 29.6 gmsc) 326.1
2002 Shaq (10.3 BPM x 30.1 gmsc) 309.3