The Ultimate 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread - Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors (Game 1 Friday 3 June)

What was your favourite moment from the 2022 NBA regular season?

• Klay Thompson's return

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Saddiq Bey going for 50

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • The Knicks running it back

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • LeBron having fans kicked out of a game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lakers holding a mock coronation ceremony for King James after beating the Pacers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The Lakers missing the playoffs

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • The Lakers giving up a lottery pick

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Westbook's post game press conferences

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For the Boston fans that think that it's not too bad because they are still young the following stat won't make them feel good.

Celtics only the 4th team ever to make the finals with top two scorers under 25. None of those teams won, and none of them ever made it back to the finals.

86 Rockets - Sampson and Hakeem
95 Magic - Shaq and Penny
12 Thunder - KD and Westbrook

For the Boston fans that think that it's not too bad because they are still young the following stat won't make them feel good.

Celtics only the 4th team ever to make the finals with top two scorers under 25. None of those teams won, and none of them ever made it back to the finals.

Tatum is only 19 they have time

Bucks and nets might get better

My takes

Steph is just so offensively gifted and will no doubt go down as one of the games greats.

Wiggins I didn't know how good his D could be.

Draymond was massive defensively in games 5 and 6 after he looked mentally shot this series.

Klay isn't the player he was pre injury.

Boston

Tatum didn't show up as you'd expect from a top 10 player in the finals but should be better for the experience.

Horford aside Boston aren't hold so should continue to grow and have chances in the years to come.

Maybe back to back 7 game series vs the Bucks and Heat caught up with the Celtics.

My takes

Steph is just so offensively gifted and will no doubt go down as one of the games greats.

Wiggins I didn't know how good his D could be.

Draymond was massive defensively in games 5 and 6 after he looked mentally shot this series.

Klay isn't the player he was pre injury.

Boston

Tatum didn't show up as you'd expect from a top 10 player in the finals but should be better for the experience.

Horford aside Boston aren't hold so should continue to grow and have chances in the years to come.

Maybe back to back 7 game series vs the Bucks and Heat caught up with the Celtics.
Klay really isn't that far off what he was pre injury, especially when you consider he has only been back half a season.

Offensively he is 90% of what he was, not quite the defender he used to be but he did well in those last few games on that end.

I expect next year he will be very close to what he was.

Just for fun here were the threads Wiggins trade takes (I say this as someone who has never been wrong on the internet).

Fidstar...
I don't hate the DLo for Wiggins deal.

I think DLo is better, but Wiggins fits better. He's just a better version of Harrison Barnes. Hopefully Warriors can get him to play some defense.

Son of Skeletor Barnes is actually a decent defender though. Wiggins is.... yeah.

Memphis Finally the wolves did something right.

Look2Me4Guidance I read today that since VORP has been around, out of players averaging 30 mins a game only one player has a negative rating. Andrew Wiggins

Just for fun here were the threads Wiggins trade takes (I say this as someone who has never been wrong on the internet).

Fidstar...

I think DLo is better, but Wiggins fits better. He's just a better version of Harrison Barnes. Hopefully Warriors can get him to play some defense.

Son of Skeletor Barnes is actually a decent defender though. Wiggins is.... yeah.

Look2Me4Guidance I read today that since VORP has been around, out of players averaging 30 mins a game only one player has a negative rating. Andrew Wiggins

Thought I made my mea culpa pretty clear in this thread already, but here it is again - good on the guy.

Ended up on the right team, and with the right coach. Learned how to fit in. Learned how to use his strengths.

Not going to criticise Minny, b/c that's just lazy small-market stereotyping. Fact remains though that he was pretty awful there, both offensively and defensively. As for the deal at the time, I didn't hate it purely on the fact that you guys earned an asset out of it. Player wise, it just seemed like a swap of bad contracts. Happy to be proven wrong on the latter.

Fidstar...

Thought I made my mea culpa pretty clear in this thread already, but here it is again - good on the guy.

Ended up on the right team, and with the right coach. Learned how to fit in. Learned how to use his strengths.

Not going to criticise Minny, b/c that's just lazy small-market stereotyping. Fact remains though that he was pretty awful there, both offensively and defensively. As for the deal at the time, I didn't hate it purely on the fact that you guys earned an asset out of it. Player wise, it just seemed like a swap of bad contracts. Happy to be proven wrong on the latter.
I am surprised some thought it was a good trade for Minny and don't get me wrong i am not going to pretend i saw this coming from Wiggins.

It is the first that was included that had me not liking it. Honestly think Kuminga for D Lo is going to look a ad trade in a few years even if we ignore how good Wiggins has ended up for them.

Fidstar...

Wiggins ripped tatum who was regarded top 5.

2nd best player on the winning side. Not too shabby.

I am surprised some thought it was a good trade for Minny and don't get me wrong i am not going to pretend i saw this coming from Wiggins.

It is the first that was included that had me not liking it. Honestly think Kuminga for D Lo is going to look a ad trade in a few years even if we ignore how good Wiggins has ended up for them.

Without the pick, you could have probably called it a win/win.

Russell was seen as the better player, or the less odious contract at the time, but I think pretty much everyone knew Wiggins was a better fit for the Dubs positionally. But getting a lottery pick out of it made it a no-brainer for the Dubs at the time, in terms of that specific deal.

I can't recall what the deal was with Harrison Barnes at the time, but presumably it didn't involve the Kings giving up a lottery pick too. Russell would have been an awful fit with Fox anyway, and then they drafted two more guards.

Turns out the Dubs landed a Barnes type dirt-cheap in Otto Porter as well. Worked out really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with Wiggins, Minny suffered in trying to make him a star. They needed to vindicate themselves for taking him at No.1. They needed him to become a franchise player when really he probably never was. GSW immediately recognised him as a core player but not your star guy. Once the pressure was taken off his shoulders about having to be the guy and you gave him a clear role and goals to improve himself he prospered massively.

Really likable guy too so I'm happy for him.

Had a few days to recover from the loss of the finals, still hurts because had we not had those choke moments in the 4th of G4 and G5 we could've won this series. Hats off to GSW still an unbelievable team and probably have one or two more titles left in them.

Despite losing having the season we did from being 18-21 to 2 wins away from a chip probably hasn't been done before and I'm proud of the boys for the amazing turnaround in the short span of time.

Hopefully next season we can bounce back go for a 60 win season and the chip.

Had a few days to recover from the loss of the finals, still hurts because had we not had those choke moments in the 4th of G4 and G5 we could've won this series. Hats off to GSW still an unbelievable team and probably have one or two more titles left in them.

Despite losing having the season we did from being 18-21 to 2 wins away from a chip probably hasn't been done before and I'm proud of the boys for the amazing turnaround in the short span of time.

Hopefully next season we can bounce back go for a 60 win season and the chip.
You desperately need a PG and some help on the bench. Without that I dont think you find your way back to the Finals.

You desperately need a PG and some help on the bench. Without that I dont think you find your way back to the Finals.
Don't think they do. Smart is plenty good enough as a playmaker...he just shouldn't take bad shots. Tatum and Brown need to get better off ball...you can't have three average creators who settle for s**t shots when plan A doesn't work. Who else are they getting for $17m?

If those three guys were offensively in synch, they'd be unbeatable.

Last edited:
Don't think they do. Smart is plenty good enough as a playmaker...he just shouldn't take bad shots. Tatum and Brown need to get better off ball...you can't have three average creators who settle for s**t shots when plan A doesn't work. Who else are they getting for $17m?

If those three guys were offensively in synch, they'd be unbeatable.
But that happens because Smart is not a true point guard, his play making improved this year but he can't run an offence.

They also will always have a high number of turnovers until they get a reliable ball handler.

But that happens because Smart is not a true point guard, his play making improved this year but he can't run an offence.

They also will always have a high number of turnovers until they get a reliable ball handler.
He absolutely can. He averaged less TOs than CP.

Tatum and Brown need to put bros before buckets.

Back