The umpiring error that cost us our season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think you're right but they must have something over the clubs or that decision would have ended up in the courts as it would in many other pro comps worlwide.
prob benny gale doesnt wanna stuff up his chances of ceo

could see this s**t coming a long time ago...

every time they introduce a rule or amendment to one, they make it easier to turn the momentum of games.

the degree of difficulty in adjudication goes up, giving an excuse for corrupt calls etc.

now this latest doesn't hold up to scrutiny at effing all, it would be funny if it wasn't so effin demoralising.

dunno about anyone else but its getting harder to ignore the shite and enjoy whats left of aussie rules.

the afl have stolen our game and we refuse to organise so they get away with it.

every campaigner in the crowd should be chanting * the afl all game every game until they take notice.

it would be an international humiliation for their cucky little boys club, fugn glorious.

Basically proves they were wrong, why else would they make the change?

Because if the goal umpire doesn’t make a call then the ARC can make any decision it wants and no one can say they’re wrong. Wide open for manipulation.

Also annoys me they are trying to say the goal umpire didn’t really have any idea. Didn’t he say quite clearly he believed it was a goal? Doesn’t matter how you look at it, we were dudded

And AFL that is what happens when you interfere in a match result.

What a totally pathetic Prelim final - had the intensity of a round 12 match.

Thought Brisbane looked miles off the level of a prelim tonight - how they looked in a Prelim was my worst nightmare for us. You get fooled into thinking you are closer than you are as you were "one win away" & end up making bad decisions in the off-season. They were clearly not an elite team & got through on us getting spanked by the umpires/afl & Melbourne imploding themselves in the prelim.

That game tonight was pathetic, worst prelim i have seen in a long time. Might be one of those rare finals where the best footy was played in the first week & the rest of the finals were a massive disappointment

And AFL that is what happens when you interfere in a match result.

What a totally pathetic Prelim final - had the intensity of a round 12 match.

Thought Brisbane looked miles off the level of a prelim tonight - how they looked in a Prelim was my worst nightmare for us. You get fooled into thinking you are closer than you are as you were "one win away" & end up making bad decisions in the off-season.

That game tonight was pathetic though, worst prelim i have seen in a long time.

And yet you lot lost to us.

Embarrassing stuff isn’t it, would really hate to be a club that got eliminated in the finals by an “irrelevant” team (to quote Garry Lyon)

And yet you lot lost to us.

Embarrassing stuff isn’t it, would really hate to be a club that got eliminated in the finals by an “irrelevant” team (to quote Garry Lyon)

We lost to you on paper & nothing else. We don't rate Brisbane at all mate - we lost to the umpires and beat ourselves that night. No one thought you were winning flags, your clearly not that type of team ( The new Port )

Weird time to come onto another persons board and comment within 1 minute of a post at 1am.... i would have thought after losing your first Prelim you would have had more to do than stink up the Richmond forum

Whats wrong? Come back to Richmond board as you realised beating us was your real "Grand Final"? We are no way near insecure enough to be threatened by the Lions mate, we won 3 flags before we lost to you with some of the worst umpiring decisions since the Wallabies yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you lost in the only way it matters? Sounds like a loss to me bud.

Again, weird time for you to want to have this conversation..... the Lions just got their arse handed to them because they decided to bring a round 12 intensity into a Prelim. Lions have always just been posers & the only DVD's that team will have of finals will be from the GF bundles of Richmond & Geelong.

Again, weird time for you to want to have this conversation..... the Lions just got their arse handed to them because they decided to bring a round 12 intensity into a Prelim. Lions have always just been posers & the only DVD's that team will have of finals will be from the GF bundles of Richmond & Geelong.

Just popped in because I saw a comment float up on a thread complaining about a single correct umpiring decision >2 weeks ago, and blaming it on the loss and not the other reasons the game was lost.

Kinda sad really.

Ah well, I just wanted to lay the boot in a little bit because it brings me a bit of joy in a dour time.

Here we go covering their asses. Now they'll say the only issue was having a goal umpires call :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Has there been a rule change since 2017 that wasn't because of us. The clowns at AFL house think about Richmond for 8 hours a day then go home
The lengths that these stubborn pricks will go to avoid saying they were wrong. They have no worries wreaking more havoc on our once great game if it means they can skirt out of this and blame the “existing system”

The soft call makes perfect sense and if the process was followed correctly than the decision stays with the umpires call and Richmond wins by 3 points.

How would this scenario have worked if the brainlets at the AFL had already scrapped the soft call: “OK, the goal umpire isn’t 100% sure and our shite footage is inconclusive so we will now revert to paper, scissors, rock”.

Absolute clown league.

How would this scenario have worked if the brainlets at the AFL had already scrapped the soft call: “OK, the goal umpire isn’t 100% sure and our shite footage is inconclusive so we will now revert to paper, scissors, rock”.

Exactly my thoughts, the goal umpire doesn't know and we're just guessing, what a cluster f*%$!

the people in the ARC make a decision on balance of probabilities.

So Lynch's kick was "probably" a behind, great! They introduced the ARC to end controversy, they forgot they don't have the technology to make better decisions than the goal umpire most of the time.

Last edited:
Just popped in because I saw a comment float up on a thread complaining about a single correct umpiring decision >2 weeks ago, and blaming it on the loss and not the other reasons the game was lost.

Kinda sad really.

Ah well, I just wanted to lay the boot in a little bit because it brings me a bit of joy in a dour time.
Mate, you've got a couple of young stars and Dunkley joining you this off season, the future is bright for both our mobs.

Was a genuine 50/50 game and you got the chocolates this time. Shame you couldnt knock off the cats but solid effort getting there

See you in the 2023 finals.

Kinda sad really.

Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back