Roast The Unofficial Marijuana Discussion (...Depression Thread? What?)

Remove this Banner Ad

A question for the docs (76woodenspooners ) is Aropax the correct drug for Tempest? Is it effective with anxiety would Pristiq or something else be better?

Good luck mate.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::)

I take Seroquel for my Anxiety. I take 300-400mg. Would that also something that would help?

Look I really don't know what to say that hasn't been said by others. I'm certainly glad your still with us & have been fighting through the s**t that has come your way. It's hard to keep going sometimes & i admire your determination & sharing your life with us.

I'm not sure I'd have been able to cope with what you have so bloody well done mate & keep fighting as I'm a firm believer that things will change as long as you push forward. Harder said than done I know. I've come to the realisation I have to go back on Anti-d's & i don't like the idea, got the script yesterday.

Exercise is a good one as has been said, although the Obese one doesn't always feel like it either.:mad::D

A question for the docs (76woodenspooners ) is Aropax the correct drug for Tempest? Is it effective with anxiety would Pristiq or something else be better?

Good luck mate.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::)
76 isn't a doctor OA. Swooop is the one you need.

And I really hope you're ok too, and everyone (and everything) in your world

76 isn't a doctor OA. Swooop is the one you need.

And I really hope you're ok too, and everyone (and everything) in your world
Thanks have changed it to Swooop (disco biscuit memory again :D).

I'll be fine thanks but I'm fighting my own head ATM, thank goodness I have Nightowl in my life.:)

How many of us have had experience with antidepressants! ? I have just gone off Pristiq and back on to my old antidepressants Endep. My major problem is an inability to sleep and Pristiq probably perked me up too much. Tempest's panic attacks sound pretty debilitating. I understand anxiety through personal experience. Pills can only do so much if life circumstances are not favourable. Incidentally Swoop did offer some advice and assistance earlier in the thread. I am sure he would be OK with tempest PMing him if he felt he could assist. Perhaps we need a thread to discuss antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications! My solution to my current circumstances is a change of environment. I am off to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos for 3 months on Sunday. Melbourne winters are my pet hatred particularly living in the mountains as I do. Some hard decisions have had to be made to bring this about. I feel for someone like Tempest who must operate within a finite environment.

How many of us have had experience with antidepressants! ? I have just gone off Pristiq and back on to my old antidepressants Endep. My major problem is an inability to sleep and Pristiq probably perked me up too much. Tempest's panic attacks sound pretty debilitating. I understand anxiety through personal experience. Pills can only do so much if life circumstances are not favourable. Incidentally Swoop did offer some advice and assistance earlier in the thread. I am sure he would be OK with tempest PMing him if he felt he could assist. Perhaps we need a thread to discuss antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications! My solution to my current circumstances is a change of environment. I am off to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos for 3 months on Sunday. Melbourne winters are my pet hatred particularly living in the mountains as I do. Some hard decisions have had to be made to bring this about. I feel for someone like Tempest who must operate within a finite environment.

Well I know with Seroquel can be cause of Weight Gain and That is a Reason why I probably find it hard to Lose Weight.

I have tried to go off it before but I found the my Anxiety and Bad Thoughts came back again and went straight back on to Seroquel

Well I know with Seroquel can be cause of Weight Gain and That is a Reason why I probably find it hard to Lose Weight.

I have tried to go off it before but I found the my Anxiety and Bad Thoughts came back again and went straight back on to Seroquel
I hate being dependent on a daily pill particularly when the side effects are so nasty. Even swapping medication can be a major trial in itself cos you usually have to clear one from your system before you can start another. Getting off an antidepressant is like getting off heroin. I can understand why the last doctor tempest saw chose to increase his dose rather than change medications. She probably realised he was in no fit state of mind to go cold turkey on the aropax.

Last edited:
I remember with fluoxetine I had about 2 weeks of side effects before it kicked in, which included lots and lots of fatigue and not feel randy (which was a major surprise).

I'm sure there's more but those are the only 2 I can think of.

I hate being dependent on a daily pill particularly when the side effects are so nasty. Even swapping medication can be a major trial in itself cos you usually have to clear one from your system before you can start another. Getting off an antidepressant is like getting off heroin. I can understand why the last doctor tempest saw chose to increase his dose rather than change medications. She probably realised he was in no fit state of mind to go cold turkey on the aropex.

I am not as bad you with Daily Tablets. IF they make my Life Happier then I have no massive Problems with it.

Though the Ideal thing would be that you are not on anything but some people just can’t be on nothing at all.

I am not as bad you with Daily Tablets. IF they make my Life Happier then I have no massive Problems with it.

Though the Ideal thing would be that you are not on anything but some people just can’t be on nothing at all.
I agree with you about the happiness bit, but when the trade off for that happiness is a dry mouth and receding gums or putting on weight etc, I start to weigh up the good against the bad. Then there is the cost involved if you are not on a health care card.

I agree with you about the happiness bit, but when the trade off for that happiness is a dry mouth and receding gums or putting on weight etc, I start to weigh up the good against the bad. Then there is the cost involved if you are not on a health care card.

I don’t get the Dry Mouth and Receding Gums. Just have the Weight Problem which is something I bit Concerned about but has not come to a point where I just felt like I had to give it up because of that…yet.

Well With me having High Functioning Autism, I am on the DSP

I remember with fluoxetine I had about 2 weeks of side effects before it kicked in, which included lots and lots of fatigue and not feel randy (which was a major surprise).

I'm sure there's more but those are the only 2 I can think of.
Not feeling randy is just a euphemism for not performing as one might hope to do. The kicking in side effects of these drugs is nothing compared to the kicking out side effects when you stop taking them. Although increased libido would have to be some sort of a plus.

I don’t get the Dry Mouth and Receding Gums. Just have the Weight Problem which is something I bit Concerned about but has not come to a point where I just felt like I had to give it up because of that…yet.

Well With me having High Functioning Autism, I am on the DSP
That's because you are not on Endep! I don't put on weight because I am not on Seroquel. However, I am not so sure my 30 years of smoking didn't significantly contribute to the receding gums. Gave up 5 years ago (I remember discussing it with Swoop at the time) but I'd prefer to blame my medication rather than my bad choice of habit for misfortune.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this trip is a happier experience for you TGG
Take care of yourself (and your wallet)
And drop us a line when you can

I hope this trip is a happier experience for you TGG
Take care of yourself (and your wallet)
And drop us a line when you can
I have upped my insurance to cover lost documents and money, and am taking travel cards and credit cards not TC's. Have bought a money belt which I might actually wear this time. If I could have purchased extra side and rear vision eyes I'd have laid out money on them also.

I will be visiting my friend in prison - he is back in the prison infirmary after a month in hospital. As soon as he was able to sit up in bed he was moved back to prison. Tuberculosis can be a really debilitating disease if not caught early and treated properly. Helping others with more problems than yourself is therapeutic. When you see someone whose life has absolutely nothing to recommend it, your own life suddenly seems so much better. Having said that, I am also making sure that I have a real holiday as well this time.

I will post some photos and updates to our post card thread.

Don't know Dave, hopefully one of the Docs here can help, I just know a few years back when I had some anxiety issues they gave me Pristiq, perhaps aropax is the best for Tempest.
I think that Tempest would be the first to admit that Aropax was not prescribed for him in the most ideal of circumstances. His latest doctor seemed to think that way too. He really needs a doctor he feels comfortable with long term, who is prepared to ride the bumps and highs and lows of his efforts to find the right medication. Upping the dose of Aropax rather than switching to something else actually seemed really sensible in the circumstances. I loved the way she ignored her waiting patients for 2 hours while she consulted with Tempest. She sounded like an OK doctor to me. However, I might not have felt that way if I was sitting in the waiting room for my appointment with her. Everything in life is relative.

That's because you are not on Endep! I don't put on weight because I am not on Seroquel. However, I am not so sure my 30 years of smoking didn't significantly contribute to the receding gums. Gave up 5 years ago (I remember discussing it with Swoop at the time) but I'd prefer to blame my medication rather than my bad choice of habit for misfortune.

Great to hear that You Gave up Smoking Mate:thumbsu: I would though say that would not helped your Gums.

Agree Medication is better then something like Smoking

Tempest. You have been extremely brave in telling your story. And I wish only the best for you and your whole family.
:)
Regarding your need to get your car fixed.. Centrelink can provide a lump sum advance, which can then be repaid by small deductions from your regular payment.
Something to consider anyway.
Take care of yourself...
Nightowl.

It's been said before but I'd like to echo what others have said about what strength and courage you've shown through all of this. I hope you feel proud of that because you deserve to. Just picking up on what you said earlier about not having friends. It isn't true mate, lots of people here care about how you're doing and are thinking of you, even when not posting in or reading this thread. Stay strong mate :)

I am back in the hospital tonight ...... >_<

Whatever has happened to put you there, your in a place where you can be looked after, Tempest. Let them help you. You need all the support you can get at the moment. We all have times when we feel we can't handle things any more. When those days come you just have to be gentle with yourself, try to keep calm and quiet and regroup your forces.

At times problems seem insurmountable, but everything passes. You just have to hold on. We all here for you.

Waited 11 hours in the northern hospital emergency department only to be told by the CAT team that I'm not in a serious enough condition and they won't commit me because there is a 'lack of beds'

Was told to wait 2 more hours for a psych. Ended up walking out on them because I've been awake for 27 hours on just 3 hours sleep.

#poorservice
#publichealthsystem
#thanksjoehockey
#goingtobednow

Chin up mate, have a massive rest and hit the reset button.

That's absurd about the hospital though, unbelievable they expected you to wait another 2 on top of 11 hours of sitting around.

Waited 11 hours in the northern hospital emergency department only to be told by the CAT team that I'm not in a serious enough condition and they won't commit me because there is a 'lack of beds'

Was told to wait 2 more hours for a psych. Ended up walking out on them because I've been awake for 27 hours on just 3 hours sleep.

#poorservice
#publichealthsystem
#thanksjoehockey
#goingtobednow

Are the CAT team following up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back