Opinion They can't all be champs...

Remove this Banner Ad

BillyRyan.jpg

Some serious elevation here.
I was there that day, aged 12. Will never forget the electricity in the crowd when he took that mark.
Best mark ever.

For me Walker could have developed into being the next Bill Ryan - both have good hands, brave and were poor kicks ;).

Bill Ryan was in a different league/class to Walker mate

Peter Knights rated Ryan as his most difficult ( not best ) opponent - because Ryan took about 20 marks in a game against Knights one day

Ryan also played a handfull of games at Centre Half Back - and did it with aplomb - went into the ruck on occasions - and id be surprised if he didnt play for Victoria

I doubt anyone under about 55 would have any idea what your on about rabbi.:D
I only know cos he mentioned him in my interview with Rabbi last year :D

Bill Ryan was in a different league/class to Walker mate

Peter Knights rated Ryan as his most difficult ( not best ) opponent - because Ryan took about 20 marks in a game against Knights one day

Ryan also played a handfull of games at Centre Half Back - and did it with aplomb - went into the ruck on occasions - and id be surprised if he didnt play for Victoria

yes I know that Bill was a really tough and very good player. I am just saying that they have some similar attributes and yes Walker would need improve by a further 100 % to get to the level of Ryan (and change ends).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back