Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When you have an arse you can bounce a dollar coin off like mine it'd be a shame to hide it.

People who are like "I've been to the gym 4 times this week" I don't understand. Just because you enter a gym it doesn't mean you're exercising more than someone that walks around the block. It's not a magical place of fitness.

you mean going to gym and then spending the whole times on face book whilst half arseing some exercises wont shed weight ? WTF !

What I don't get are girls choosing to do pole dancing as a... fitness thing.

I wouldn't say they're... wild (well I only know 2 of them and I wouldn't say they are), and supposedly it's good for the core, but there must be some other reason that makes it worthwhile to go to rather than it's good for the core.

woman-with-money-falling-from-ceiling.jpg

Pretty average moment doing a one way skype session with someone - they had their video and audio turned on, I didn't.

Gradually they tell me they can hear me breathing and typing on the keyboard for when my audio is on................. the thing I don't understand about it was that I have no physical microphone, the only microphone I have is on the webcam itself which was not plugged in.

At first I thought they were pulling my leg OR that they had another person connected to the skype call that was doing that. But they were serious.

The microphone setting in skype usually allows the soundcard to be heard (so for example if I were to play an mp3 during the skype call itself the other person would hear it coming from my computer but nothing from outside of it).

Colour me confused.

Ticketing.

I have just gone to purchase a couple of tickets for a show tomorrow night. When purchasing my ticket, they ask what option I would like. I can choose between an Ezyticket (print at home) or collect on the night with ID. So I'm like hey, I've got a printer, so I'll select that option.

That option costs me $6.95.

Wait, what?! This ticketing company is going to charge me $6.95 to send me an automated email for me to print my own ticket, using my own paper and my own printer? I understand that these guys are always looking for ways to make some extra $$ (normally a booking fee - wtf even is that?!), but this is just getting ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Empowerment". Nothing like spinning around a pole seductively in an attempt to impress a man to make you feel like a strong woman :rolleyes:
I love it when men think they can decide how women should express their sexuality. Its even better when it has sweet * all to do with the bloke in question.

The French.

I thought I understood them somewhat after living here for two years previously. I liked them, I even could say I loved them. Now I find them in-gratingly pessimistic and a massive pain in the ass.

I returned after a year in oz, where I had trouble adjusting to oz again, most probably because I lived on the Gold Coast and it's a shallow oz, but I got used to it, got used to having shitty bread and paying overs for cheese.

But the return is taking some adjustment again. I know why they are the way they are, but what a bunch of pessimistic, self righteous, woe is me, complaining bastards they can be.

Thank * for the food!

(And 15 euro bottles of rhum)

Haha, I can back you up and say French Canadians are pretty much the same.

It's interesting going back home to Australia after a long time away isn't it? It does take an adjustment. It's odd feeling a bit of an outsider in your own country.
Yeah it was, but after 6 months it felt normal, and then it switched for me. Knowing I was going back to France in another 6 months and having to adjust again. Returning I'm not finding anything interesting... Although I'm working 9 hours a day, 6 days a week so not many opportunities to enjoy 'Provençal life'. (Grand Prix this weekend though.... )

We left aus late feb and still don't have our own apartment. Very frustrating.

After 5 years here I'm starting to get a bit of a muddled accent. People seemed to really notice it when I went back to Australia last year. I think the way of life here is probably closer to Australia than southern France though. I can understand why its hard for you to adjust. Hopefully work slows for you so you can enjoy your surroundings a bit more. Grand Prix would be a fun time!

After 5 years here I'm starting to get a bit of a muddled accent. People seemed to really notice it when I went back to Australia last year. I think the way of life here is probably closer to Australia than southern France though. I can understand why its hard for you to adjust. Hopefully work slows for you so you can enjoy your surroundings a bit more. Grand Prix would be a fun time!
5 years is a long time but Vancouver is meant to be a very cool city, no wonder you have a muddled accent. I got told I had an accent just from saying yes or no... It's normal I guess. You pick up inclinations that take a while to wear off.

My work isn't about to slow.. I come from a bar/restaurant manager positions in Aus but I'm a floor walker in an English pub that attracts yachties... Boat people who work on mega luxury yachts. I get them and French people too. My wife works in one of the most expensive villas in France, a man who owns the biggest yacht in the world, a premier league team, and we hardly have time to make love.

This is for 6 months though, we have our own business to start.... Doubt we will ever have our own jumbo jet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back