Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Krone.png

Krone E-Trailer - curtainsider or refrigerated semi trailers.

400kW/h or 600kW/h battery and trailer axles driven. No special connections to the truck, sensors on the kingpin tell it how much the truck is pulling or slowing, and it either drives the trailer axles or uses regenerative braking.

I thought it would save maybe 10-15% of fuel - real world tests show 40% reduction in diesel consumption, and doubles the range of an electric truck. Wow.

Currently being beta tested by several firms and will be rolled out next year.

View attachment 1913048

Krone E-Trailer - curtainsider or refrigerated semi trailers.

400kW/h or 600kW/h battery and trailer axles driven. No special connections to the truck, sensors on the kingpin tell it how much the truck is pulling or slowing, and it either drives the trailer axles or uses regenerative braking.

I thought it would save maybe 10-15% of fuel - real world tests show 40% reduction in diesel consumption, and doubles the range of an electric truck. Wow.

Currently being beta tested by several firms and will be rolled out next year.
As someone who lives in the country sa and the main road between our town and the freeway is now a short cut for b doubles my big concern is the extra weight these electric trucks are going to be and the resulting damage to our already bad roads will be.

As someone who lives in the country sa and the main road between our town and the freeway is now a short cut for b doubles my big concern is the extra weight these electric trucks are going to be and the resulting damage to our already bad roads will be.
The whole road entry to Adelaide is just a disaster, a bottleneck at the bottom of the freeway onto roads that really aren't designed for heavy vehicles.

The whole road entry to Adelaide is just a disaster, a bottleneck at the bottom of the freeway onto roads that really aren't designed for heavy vehicles.
Exactly and this is why trucks now turn off at Murray bridge and head out my way to the Sturt highway and come into Adelaide from there. It ends up being quicker and better quality roads, however they now degrade quicker as they weren’t built for the heavier loads.

It’s a pity Monarto isn’t turned into a transport hub. Enough room for airport, train track is available. Would have been the perfect solution to getting rid of trucks down the freeway.

My likes being more than my posts for the first time.

LoL I'm 12k behind

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
200.gif

Imagine not having a 2:1 like ratio, could never be me 💁🏻‍♀️
You must say lots of cool stuff, I reckon rask gained a fair few likes with his nephew issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do all reactions count as likes? Just positive ones? Or just actual blue thumbs up likes?

The easiest way to get likes is to post a compliment about one of your players on your team board.

If I post that "Max King is a gun" on the Saints board I can rack up a heap of easy likes.

That probably doesn't work that well for Billy ray on the Suns board though where they only have a few supporters.

The easiest way to get likes is to post a compliment about one of your players on your team board.

If I post that "Max King is a gun" on the Saints board I can rack up a heap of easy likes.

That probably doesn't work that well for Billy ray on the Suns board though where they only have a few supporters.

Trolling Suns fans for having no fans while supporting the Saints.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

We have a lot more fans than people think, not as many fans as West Coast but we aren't in a two team town where one of the teams is Freo

Sure, but making fun of Gold Coast for having no supporters is like a Trump voter making fun of Biden's increasing senility - yes, it is probably true but you're not exactly coming from a position of superiority in doing so.

We do have Ben King though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back