Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

My likes being more than my posts for the first time.
My first few years of posting were before the like system was introduced.

We veterans started behind the 8 ball.

My first few years of posting were before the like system was introduced.

We veterans started behind the 8 ball.
Yeah. Likes were introduced in 2012 (I remember because it was the year I moved to Queensland) by which stage I had 10 years and 20,000 posts to catch up. I've been here for 22 years in April. That's older than a lot of AFL players. Things that make me feel old.

Mate, why in the * why you tag me in a post including meat? Am I just not douchey enough about being vegan?
You were talking about your cooking exploits proudly. Someone proudly sends you theirs, you get offended

See a trend here mate? Might be worth lightening up as you find offence in bloody everything

Yeah. Likes were introduced in 2012 (I remember because it was the year I moved to Queensland) by which stage I had 10 years and 20,000 posts to catch up. I've been here for 22 years in April. That's older than a lot of AFL players. Things that make me feel old.
You started just under a year before me, one of the few left on this site who can say that.

Oh that makes me feel better lol

I starter on here in 2004

That's 8 years of likes I've missed.... so like... 20 likes

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

F*ing n00bs!

You were talking about your cooking exploits proudly. Someone proudly sends you theirs, you get offended

See a trend here mate? Might be worth lightening up as you find offence in bloody everything

Who even are you?

sat down on my lunch break today to pre-work out my tax stuff for this year as i now have some real data for my house i am renting out (rent lease agreement for in, and costs for management fees, interest, body corporate, maintenance and whatnot so far, and extrapolated to 30 June). Adding in some prepayments i will do before 30 June. and as hoped and expected, should get a nice refund when i lodge.

this pleases me but not because of the likely refund as you 'd expect, but because i got off my arse (sat on my arse?) on my lunch break when i would normally chill for a bit and did it. i have saved myself some time later in the year and thought about stuff well ahead of when i normally would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The easiest way to get likes is to post a compliment about one of your players on your team board.

If I post that "Max King is a gun" on the Saints board I can rack up a heap of easy likes.

That probably doesn't work that well for Billy ray on the Suns board though where they only have a few supporters.

I find it remarkable that for the last 5630 days you have managed 24 posts and 27.4 likes, wind, hail, sunshine, rain.

It pleases me that, compared to some, I have a life outside the digital confines of BF.

Just sayin'

I find it remarkable that for the last 5630 days you have managed 24 posts and 27.4 likes, wind, hail, sunshine, rain.

It pleases me that, compared to some, I have a life outside the digital confines of BF.

Just sayin'

Criticising people who might find community online in a disconnected society, and suggesting that you yourself are above it while doing exactly the same thing, is all sorts of icky.

I have never claimed any moral high ground. It pleases me that I am no longer in a position, as I was for some years in hermit-like solitude, where I am reliant on BF for any form of human interaction. I can see your point, though, and stress it was more tongue in cheek and certainly not intending to belittle anyone.

Criticising people who might find community online in a disconnected society, and suggesting that you yourself are above it while doing exactly the same thing, is all sorts of icky.
Why are you always so angry? Seems whenever I read your posts you're always raging at someone or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back