Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

* that. I'd make a show of carrying in a cardboard box of the usual stuff you'd have on and in your desk, and spend the first fifteen minutes of each day setting it out and knock off quarter of an hour early to pack everything up.

“What’s in the box”?

New office is hot desk. I am struggling to deal with it. I miss having my own spot.

My new boss hasn't spoken to me yet so I guess he'll be a hands off boss until I * up.

That sucks, in what is now my old job!!! they did a big refurb and I think it was the plan of having a lot of hot desks, but most people have claimed a desk.

Had someone coming around last week trying to find out if any of the desks in our area were free to be classed as hot desks. We had 2 free desks but also 2 vacant positions.

Ok so I'm pissed off because I didn't want to have to come back here, but I need to vent.

People that can't ******* let you talk. Got a guy atm and we will be in a conversation and the moment I go to talk he constantly cuts me off and I'm now at the point where I try once, then I'm like, ok, I'm going to go back to whatever it is I was doing.

My wife got another speeding fine. Got two in the space of a week. Ffs.
Mine got done twice for unregistered/ insured over Christmas. For some reason QLD only sends snail mail notices for business vehicles, and they had our old address listed so it was unreg from October to Feb 🤦‍♂️

She'd been done once by a camera in that time but again, snail mail only. It was only because she got rbt'd they went ... uh hey here's a $1100 on the spot, you might wanna pay your rego too 💀

Mine got done twice for unregistered/ insured over Christmas. For some reason QLD only sends snail mail notices for business vehicles, and they had our old address listed so it was unreg from October to Feb 🤦‍♂️

She'd been done once by a camera in that time but again, snail mail only. It was only because she got rbt'd they went ... uh hey here's a $1100 on the spot, you might wanna pay your rego too 💀
Ouch.

$480 donation to VicPol. Lovely.

Surely you could dispute at least one of those?

Trying to contact Telstra. They sent me an email without the bill that was supposed to be attached. Looked the bill up online but made the mistake of trying to let them know about it. Ended up in a chat thing getting an inquisition about something that's not worth the bother

Ok so I'm pissed off because I didn't want to have to come back here, but I need to vent.

People that can't ******* let you talk. Got a guy atm and we will be in a conversation and the moment I go to talk he constantly cuts me off and I'm now at the point where I try once, then I'm like, ok, I'm going to go back to whatever it is I was doing.
Just keep talking over the top of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are good bands
Yes and no. most guys I know churn out the popular hits. All of those bands have better hits that they don't even know about.

Like Fountains of Wayne. Stacey's Mum isn't even close to their best song

My wife got another speeding fine. Got two in the space of a week. Ffs.

Yeah, we are.

She did get a fine for being on her phone though in October, I don't know if that will make the appeal redundant though?

I’m interested to know why the challenge?
How about she just pay them given there seems to be a pattern

My X (formerly Twitter) feed and youtube is getting a high number of posts/videos about nukular war, Israel's Samson option etc.

An hour ago I had a video of the movie The Day After pop up on X and when I went to a youtube home screen it was the fourth video listed.

I know about algorithms and data matching and stuff, this seems more... deliberate?

OK, WTF is going on?

My X (formerly Twitter) feed and youtube is getting a high number of posts/videos about nukular war, Israel's Samson option etc.

An hour ago I had a video of the movie The Day After pop up on X and when I went to a youtube home screen it was the fourth video listed.

I know about algorithms and data matching and stuff, this seems more... deliberate?

OK, WTF is going on?
Instagram started showing me unrelated reels that I never look at or search for. I think what they do is push content that Is going to attract the most engagement.

On insta I can spend a month looking at AFL content and get nothing. I watch one video of content being pushed and it won't go away

These randomly popped up outa nowhere but they're all trending

I've been getting a lot of these pushed on me

Last edited:
Someone here actually (possibly Gralin ) said "fines are only impacting lower socioeconomic classes" and id never thought about it that way but its absolutely right.

Melbournes fine culture is insane and the cost for 4 kms over the speed limit is absolutely ridiculous.
Fixed fines definitely work that way.
Some countries the fine is a % of your income so two people speeding pay the same proportion of their income in a fine

Makes it more or a deterrent to everyone

Because it could potential save $240? Worst they're going to do is say no and we have to pay it, but bizarre not to try given how much it could save.

I suppose it’s because I’ve never challenged one. Nor even thought about challenging, just Owned the fact that I was speeding, sucked it up and paid it

I wouldn’t even know where to start with an excuse that would seem valid - “I was busting to go to the toilet”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back