Social Science Things we remember but do not exist now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I remember when Cinema City first opened - really flash at the time and the biggest multi cinema then with 4 (I think). Just about all the cinemas were in the city and there was none of the multiplexes in the suburbs like now. Just drive-ins.
And now it's gone.

When you were in primary school and, instead of swearing at somebody who annoyed you and risk them telling a teacher, you would call them a "supersonic-idiotic-double headed-disconnected drainpipe."

kiss.jpg

Yeah I remember when Cinema City first opened - really flash at the time and the biggest multi cinema then with 4 (I think). Just about all the cinemas were in the city and there was none of the multiplexes in the suburbs like now. Just drive-ins.

There was also the Cinecentre around the corner from Cinema City which has gone now too.

Innaloo had a cinema place back in those days next to the drive in but it was pretty s**t and not the big multiplex it is today.

There was also the Cinecentre around the corner from Cinema City which has gone now too.

Innaloo had a cinema place back in those days next to the drive in but it was pretty s**t and not the big multiplex it is today.

Yep. "Dick Tracy" was the last fillum I saw there before it got bulldozed

Did tug of war get banned in other primary schools?
It got banned from our sports carnivals when I was about 5-6 and the rumour running around was that some kid in another school had tied the rope around his hand and his hand was ripped off.

Seems ridiculous but it sounded plausible at the time. Did any other schools get this rumour?
This part is true. But generally tug-o-war is OK if you use a thick enough rope, that can't be wrapped tightly around a hand.

I remember that as well. I think the first McDonalds in Perth opened right next door to Cinema City. Had my first Cheeseburger there and have never looked back.

Never ever even thought of playing tug of war at school. How boring

During the school athletics carnival

All the other games we played during recess and lunch were
British Bulldogs (had to fully take the person down and we had a rule for what defined down that was as complicated as the lbw law but everyone understood it)
Cops and Robbers (with tackling)
Downball
And the age old throwing honky nuts at people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was inside Cinema City in the back corner! One next door on Hay St came later.

Yeah it was just seperated from the cinema by a clear glass partition.

One of my mates who was there for the first time didn't notice the glass partition or the glass doors and thought you could just walk straight into Maccas from the cinema. He walked straight into the glass partition like a bird flying into a window, made a massive noise and the whole partition shook, my mate staggered backwards in shock holding his forehead which had a big red mark on it. Me and another mate were pissing ourselves laughing, one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Discovered this week that TV1 no longer exists.

From the very little i've looked at the guide; TV1's replacement TVH!TS I think we are getting duped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back