Time For A Rookie List Rethink

Remove this Banner Ad

it doesnt help to use our past choices of state players as examples of what we could get from the lower leagues.

Hine's choices have been crap in that area.
As things stand, it will be Derek doing the selecting of players for the foreseeable future, so nothing is likely to change even if we do go for more of the types of players you are suggesting we recruit! Looking at what you've said here and the last sentence from your following post I think you might need to start a whole new thread to cover this!!

As things stand, it will be Derek doing the selecting of players for the foreseeable future, so nothing is likely to change even if we do go for more of the types of players you are suggesting we recruit! Looking at what you've said here and the last sentence from your following post I think you might need to start a whole new thread to cover this!!
i cant start a new thread. I wouldnt know what to name it. You can do it...

i cant start a new thread. I wouldnt know what to name it. You can do it...
I'm not much of a thread starter! I think I've started two in 11 years on BigFooty, and none of them were on this board. Timmy seems to have an idea on these things, so he could be worth talking to!

I'm not much of a thread starter! I think I've started two in 11 years on BigFooty, and none of them were on this board. Timmy seems to have an idea on these things, so he could be worth talking to!

well timmy was saying that he didnt like the title I made up for this thread. I get nervous because I dont know the rules on these things. It seems that I might have falsely indicated that I wanted major changes to the drafting when I was only dealing with the cat-b portion of it.

One of the problems is that I dont know all the lingo. OP ...and all that stuff. I saw one earlier that used 6 letters. Extremely technical stuff. I might put my arms out and find out that i've been penalised.

A very good job. I was thinking of "word association" thread but i like yours better....

i just hope it satisfies sidewipe....he wanted the thread abolished

A more accurate title to match your sentiment might have been “Let’s not recruit Cat B rookies”.

Still yet to be convinced they present much additional cost/time. And I might be imagining this but there might be incentives from the Big House.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A more accurate title to match your sentiment might have been “Let’s not recruit Cat B rookies”.

Still yet to be convinced they present much additional cost/time. And I might be imagining this but there might be incentives from the Big House.

I think the important thing in this forum is to keep striving to get the right wording for these thread titles. The standard has been pretty high over the years, and I must admit that I am pretty daunted when it comes to that moment when I have to think of a title.

Maybe we should have a titles committee..... or maybe we should just limit the ability to start threads to a select few who have the football knowledge and the knowledge of the english language. Do we have an billionaire available? I find billionaires are inherently more adept at these things.

I’m in favor of using the Cat B list. I just think we’ve had the wrong recruiting philosophy for a while now and that on the whole our drafting of key position players has missed the mark.

We’ve been recruiting athletes trying to turn them into footballers and those that we have recruited have lacked a necessary attribute of aggression. I’m thinking Cox, Tohill, Ben Richmond going a way back. Even Darcy Cameron fits this bill.

The two that stand out to me particularly forward with their aggression and competitiveness are Kreuger and Mihocek. I think that’s what we’re missing when recruiting the talls and Cat B is a reflection of that as you are recruiting athletes and not footballers.

well timmy was saying that he didnt like the title I made up for this thread. I get nervous because I dont know the rules on these things. It seems that I might have falsely indicated that I wanted major changes to the drafting when I was only dealing with the cat-b portion of it.

One of the problems is that I dont know all the lingo. OP ...and all that stuff. I saw one earlier that used 6 letters. Extremely technical stuff. I might put my arms out and find out that i've been penalised.

There’s no rules as such but it makes sense that the thread title relates to the conversation you want to start.

it doesnt help to use our past choices of state players as examples of what we could get from the lower leagues.

Hine's choices have been crap in that area

With the way the thread has gone. I think it should be called: Markfs doesn't like Hine. Or maybe Hine Out

There’s no rules as such but it makes sense that the thread title relates to the conversation you want to start.

Yes I noticed that with the "in the gun" thread. I immediately started thinking about the type of weapons I'd like to see the players carrying when they're out and about. I think in the future if I'm considering a thread title, I'll whip it over to you Timothy so you can cast your eyes over it. As our coach would say, every day we should strive to be that little bit better.

Yes I noticed that with the "in the gun" thread. I immediately started thinking about the type of weapons I'd like to see the players carrying when they're out and about. I think in the future if I'm considering a thread title, I'll whip it over to you Timothy so you can cast your eyes over it. As our coach would say, every day we should strive to be that little bit better.

I’m here to help you learn. You obviously skipped a few English classes at school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the way the thread has gone. I think it should be called: Markfs doesn't like Hine. Or maybe Hine Out

well that would be a highly inappropriate title. I always say "in hine we trust"..... He was the man who built our 2010 premiership team and we should never forget that.

maybe he was unduly influenced by nathan buckley. we know how poisonous that man was. I think he led Derek away from his true instincts. I'm sure that if we trust in Derek, the good players will start flowing in

i'm looking forward to seeing this thread flourish now it has a decent title to support it. Fly away little starling......

well that would be a highly inappropriate title. I always say "in hine we trust"..... He was the man who built our 2010 premiership team and we should never forget that.

maybe he was unduly influenced by nathan buckley. we know how poisonous that man was. I think he led Derek away from his true instincts. I'm sure that if we trust in Derek, the good players will start flowing in
Hine sucks with Bucks but will fly with Fly?

i'm looking forward to seeing this thread flourish now it has a decent title to support it. Fly away little starling......

Lovely Silence of the Lambs undertones there…

So you’re saying our category B recruiting is secretly resourced from prison? Big news if true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back