Toovey needs to be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toovey was rested, Frost was dropped.

3 things.

1) Come on son. Come on.

2) Players get dropped and play a week later all the time.

3) Toovey was dropped. You don't "rest" a player 2 weeks before the end of a season that's already over. What's Bucks resting him for? An awesome secodn half to the season? Finals? Mad Monday?

Come on son. Come on.

He was rested to give Scharenburg a run. Rested...dropped... whatever. Doesnt really matter what you call it.

I'm sure if the season was still live we would persist with him just because the backline is inexperienced without him...despite his poor form of late. But its a dead rubber so a kid gets another run.

Frost was rested/dropped for the same reasons....preferable to retain Marsh with Brown back....

I've got no gripes either way. Tooves has been a massive servant of our club and will always be thankful for that.

Like TFT above says, let's see how we go with the kids, but know also he's a big loss experience wise for our backline so don't rant and rave if the kids can't arrange themselves structurally tonight and we leak goals.

3 things.

1) Come on son. Come on.

2) Players get dropped and play a week later all the time.

3) Toovey was dropped. You don't "rest" a player 2 weeks before the end of a season that's already over. What's Bucks resting him for? An awesome secodn half to the season? Finals? Mad Monday?

Come on son. Come on.

Have you ever played sport and been sore before?

No surprise after playing the whole season Toovey's body is struggling and needs a week off.

Precisely my thought when I read his comment. Disliking alcohol is not a view that you can be accused of expressing via your posts or past avatars.

I'm thinking I will go with a nice dark ale at the pub before the game. During the match I will rely on my trusty hip flask to keep me warm before coming home to watch the replay with a nice glass of Pinot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever played sport and been sore before?

No surprise after playing the whole season Toovey's body is struggling and needs a week off.

Again, why 2 weeks out from the end of the season? I mean, Pendles? Marley? Grundy? Fas? Plenty of other players have played most games thi syear. Don't they need a week off too?

How can Toovey be sore anyway? Dude plays 15 metres off his man all game so it's not like he's exactly involved in a crapload of heavy body contact.

Again, why 2 weeks out from the end of the season? I mean, Pendles? Marley? Grundy? Fas? Plenty of other players have played most games thi syear. Don't they need a week off too?

How can Toovey be sore anyway? Dude plays 15 metres off his man all game so it's not like he's exactly involved in a crapload of heavy body contact.

Maybe his knee is a bit sore.

He had a knee reco a few years ago, plus he is several years older than guys like Grundy Marly Fas who are all early 20s and thus recover faster.

Why 2 weeks out from the end of the season? You don't choose when you get sore. Don't forget he isn't that far away from 30, pretty normal for guys in that age bracket to need 1-2 weeks off sometime during the year.

I've got no gripes either way. Tooves has been a massive servant of our club and will always be thankful for that.

Like TFT above says, let's see how we go with the kids, but know also he's a big loss experience wise for our backline so don't rant and rave if the kids can't arrange themselves structurally tonight and we leak goals.

Well, given we've been leaking goals for nearly 2 months, then nothing would technically change from that perspective. But at least now there should be far less butchering of the ball coming from back there.

Well, given we've been leaking goals for nearly 2 months, then nothing would technically change from that perspective. But at least now there should be far less butchering of the ball coming from back there.

The leaking may well be because of the rebounding that has been occurring further up the ground. And the butchering of the ball....similar reason....not a lot of time or targets for a guy with limited footskills.

Happy for him to be "rested" but i wont be writing his career off jsut yet

He's not enough of a leader unfortunately to help organise the backline. The reason we leaked so many goals last week early was clear as day, Brown wasn't there to organise them, and the only other player with any experience to fall back on, Toovey, was unable to do so.. Half the contests were mismatches in defence.

It was the right call to drop Toovey.

I think if you have 4 or 5 defenders with good skill then Toovey would be a great player. But these days, you can't carry too many people in your team who can't use the ball. We already have too many in our backline. Unfortunately Toovey is the one who has to make way as we have a lot of kids with good skills who can replace him, and we need to pump games into them now when nothing is on the line.

The leaking may well be because of the rebounding that has been occurring further up the ground. And the butchering of the ball....similar reason....not a lot of time or targets for a guy with limited footskills.

Happy for him to be "rested" but i wont be writing his career off jsut yet

The midfield reason/excuse/what have you can only hold so much water. Nathan Brown is part of that same defence that Toovey is and yet Brown has regularly pantsed his opponents all year. Isn't he under the same pressure Toovey is? Maybe more so given he plays on the gorillas each week? Why is he playing close to his man but Toovey and Frost don't seem to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back