Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Fuller
2. Prudden
3. M.Boyd (Probable Retiree)
4. Trade a slow inside mid
5. Not sure

Pearce Goodes and Kelly off the rookie list
I really don't think this is a problem. We've spent so many years complaining about our collection of slow inside midfielders that the opinion is persisting regardless of what our list looks like imo. I think there are seven players on our list that could be categorised as such: Liberatore, Wallis, Boyd, Honeychurch, Stevens, Prudden and Goodes. In your summary (ignoring point #4) you've removed three of these already. It's not much of a problem anymore and I'd argue that our on-ball department isn't slower than most - the issue is that those outside the contest are primarily of average or slightly above average pace.

It's mandatory for clubs to make at least 2 selections in the National Draft, so every team delists some players from their Senior list.

If not Prudden, then who?
I think it's at least 3 selections.

Prudden would be suited to a re-rookie in my opinion - has been cut down by injury and hasn't managed to impact at AFL level, but has shown a lot of talent in the lower leagues. That is, assuming he's unable to have an impact this year - not a forgone conclusion yet.

I don't think anyone wants him de-listed but if he doesn't play a game this year that's three years on the list with no games. Injuries or not there comes a point where you got to make the tough decision. I rate him but he's got to crack into the team this year to stay on the lost in my opinion. Who would you delist ahead of him?
I would imagine he would be rookied if he was delisted.

He offers a lot more than most of our other rookies.

What does Cordy have to do to stay on the list? If Redpath holds his place he won't get a game as a forward and he's behind Campbell as a pure ruckman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does Cordy have to do to stay on the list? If Redpath holds his place he won't get a game as a forward and he's behind Campbell as a pure ruckman.

I think Cordy is relatively safe for another year given his improvement over the past year. We invested a high pick - we'll give him every chance to come good. That said if he stagnates over the course of the year and some of the likes of Grant, Prudden, Fuller, Redpath etc do enough to stay on the list he could find himself in a bit of strife.

I would imagine he would be rookied if he was delisted.

He offers a lot more than most of our other rookies.
This. If Daniel Pearce got a second chance then JP deserves one. Some people may have taken the Messiah talk a wee bit seriously. Give him a chance? He's had three. Some other kid can have a chance on the P list. JP can prove his worth on the R List*

*6 months to go for him to change the current question marks over his position.

Depends on what happens with Minson as well. Rumours had him close to leaving in the off season. If he were to decline, would we look at a trade to give Campbell a run at the #1 spot. If so, would we then delist our only other ruckman ? Lots of water to go under the bridge yet, we've only just finished Rnd 1....

I think as it stands Fuller is delisted.

Players in the gun are
Prudden
A.Cordy
Darley
Goodes (does he count? as he was a rookie)
Roberts

Older possible retirements
Boyd
Morris

I think as it stands Fuller is delisted.

Players in the gun are
Prudden
A.Cordy
Darley
Goodes (does he count? as he was a rookie)
Roberts

Older possible retirements
Boyd
Morris
I can't remember what it was, but I remember seeing an interview with Murphy the other day where he suggested that this could still be his last year. I don't think it will be, but it's still a possibility on top of what you've suggested.

I can't remember what it was, but I remember seeing an interview with Murphy the other day where he suggested that this could still be his last year. I don't think it will be, but it's still a possibility on top of what you've suggested.
I just cant see him being Captain for only 1 year, well unless injury strikes him down and god i hope not, he is too important to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure I can see the point in delisting cordy, unless we're replacing him with a mature, ready made ruck/forward. I don't want to see us delist him and draft an 18 year old ruckman and start the whole process again. I'm sure we won't.

I'm not sure I can see the point in delisting cordy, unless we're replacing him with a mature, ready made ruck/forward. I don't want to see us delist him and draft an 18 year old ruckman and start the whole process again. I'm sure we won't.

Unless we think that someone like Darcy Fort is worth a shot.

Cordy is one more shoulder problem away from being in the gun. I think he has talent and will get another contract but if Morris, Boyd and Murphy all play on (which is highly likely) then things get very tight for us. What if we re-sign Wood and pick up a free agent or trade in a player?

Cordy is one more shoulder problem away from being in the gun. I think he has talent and will get another contract but if Morris, Boyd and Murphy all play on (which is highly likely) then things get very tight for us. What if we re-sign Wood and pick up a free agent or trade in a player?
you're right, we need to make room for available spots so we can cycle in fresh talent
at least 3 new faces should be at the club next year on the main list & hopefully we don't make the same mistakes that other teams have made
when they have had a rebuild, certainly don't want to be topping up too early or spending our first round picks at every draft for established players

That's fine by me mutt. He's a mature talent and if j mac and Dalrymple think he's a better bet than cordy, I'm all in. I just don't want us punting cordy for an 18 year old that's light years away from contributing.

That's fine by me mutt. He's a mature talent and if j mac and Dalrymple think he's a better bet than cordy, I'm all in. I just don't want us punting cordy for an 18 year old that's light years away from contributing.

Yep. I agree Fronk. But Dav1d makes an important point about not having the list stagnate - we need to keep cycling fresh talent through the club. Some difficult calls are made every year and Cordy will at some point be in the conversation unless he shows this season he will be able to cement a spot in the 22.

Locked to go:

Fuller

Chances to go:

Grant (don't think he will take his opp's but if does yay)
Prudden (re rookie if shows nothing in seniors and/or gets injured again)
Wood (still think he's a chance to go via FA prefer he didn't)
Boyd (retire - started well but age and injuries may catch up with him by year's end)
Redpath (if he plays like last week for the rest of the year and I hope he doesn't - goodbye)
Roberts (if can't get on the park or play decent seniors)

Obviously getting rid of the likes of Roberts and Redpath would be contigent on having something better lined up.

Injury watch

Clay Smith - heaven forbid if he does the knee again surely that would be it
Ayce Cordy - ditto shoulders

Delist Rookies - Goodes and Pearce

Guys still unsigned elsewhere of interest:

WHE
Kk
Carlisle

They may have been found not guilty, but what came out of the asada verdict, I can't see how a player would want to keep playing there. Utterly shameful stuff from start to finish by the bombers.

Fronk can you confirm if Carlisle is out of contract this year or next? And when does become a FA?

KK or WHE would be very nice. Be nice to get a HBF from GCS and repay the favour.

Happy to pick any of them up for our first round pick frankly, doubt that would get the job done though :(

Guys still unsigned elsewhere of interest:

WHE
Kk
Carlisle

They may have been found not guilty, but what came out of the asada verdict, I can't see how a player would want to keep playing there. Utterly shameful stuff from start to finish by the bombers.
Jesus I want KK, how bloody convenient would it be to poach someone like him to replace Murph. I think he's the person I'd want most at this stage to be honest.

I really don't think this is a problem. We've spent so many years complaining about our collection of slow inside midfielders that the opinion is persisting regardless of what our list looks like imo. I think there are seven players on our list that could be categorised as such: Liberatore, Wallis, Boyd, Honeychurch, Stevens, Prudden and Goodes. In your summary (ignoring point #4) you've removed three of these already. It's not much of a problem anymore and I'd argue that our on-ball department isn't slower than most - the issue is that those outside the contest are primarily of average or slightly above average pace.

Very good argument you have raised, as of this season particularly with Jong in the guts, our one paced midfield actually looks a lot swifter than last season and it also helps that we are moving the ball quicker meaning that a lot of our one paced players actually look faster.

I love the bloke but depending how the season unfolds I would not be surprised to see Morris retire. Has clearly lost a yard.

I love the bloke but depending how the season unfolds I would not be surprised to see Morris retire. Has clearly lost a yard.

I thought he was fantastic on the weekend but when the time comes it does come fast. Love to see him go around at least once more and give Roughead, Talia, Hamling and Roberts a chop out for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back