Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaksch Pick 13, 14 – somewhere around there – that's probably about where he fits in - Doesnt mean thats what we will pay for him, every year there are heaps of trades that are unders or overs, I would even go as far to say 'rarely are trades done for real value' eg Docherty last year to us.

We sound more definite of going to the Draft with #6, which I am happy about - need a quality new blood with it, personally like Lever or Durdin (unless Brayshaw drops), dont like Wright.

Like last year - must keep our first, 'try' and keep the second, use all the rest we have or gain from player trades to add some class / depth

"Kane's looking for opportunities, he's not 100 per cent on the trade table but he is out of contract," Rogers told NAB AFL Trade Radio.
"Most players and their managers (in that position) will put them on the table regardless.
"Until Kane gets signed, [that he's up for trade is] probably something that could be said."

So it seems like we're not actively trying to trade Lucas like we are with Jeffy & Robbo.
Looks like we're willing to keep him if we dont get something decent for him, rather than just shipping him off for a token pick.

Could still be in our plans for next year yet.

Jaksch Pick 13, 14 – somewhere around there – that's probably about where he fits in - Doesnt mean thats what we will pay for him, every year there are heaps of trades that are unders or overs, I would even go as far to say 'rarely are trades done for real value' eg Docherty last year to us.

We sound more definite of going to the Draft with #6, which I am happy about - need a quality new blood with it, personally like Lever or Durdin (unless Brayshaw drops), dont like Wright.

Like last year - must keep our first, 'try' and keep the second, use all the rest we have or gain from player trades to add some class / depth

Yeah there is unders and overs but lets take Doc trade for example.

Ultimately, given not just Doc as a player but the situation (ie him out of contract and nominating Carlton) we therefore valued him at pick 33.

For Rogers to come out and say Jaksch is worth pick 13-14, cant see us giving much less than that now.

Jones, Tutt and Membrey would all warrant about a 3rd rounder each (maybe a bit less for Tutt).
No way I see us getting all 3, unless we fail with our Jaksch bid.

How about:
Our 3rd rounder - Jones
3rd round (Waite Compo?) - Membrey
Our 2nd rounder & Garlett - Jaksch *(3 way including Bombers...Garlett to Essendon and Melksham to GWS)

-Keep our pick #6
-And collect a couple more picks via Robbo and Lucas trades (and maybe even Warnock also)

"Kane's looking for opportunities, he's not 100 per cent on the trade table but he is out of contract," Rogers told NAB AFL Trade Radio.
"Most players and their managers (in that position) will put them on the table regardless.
"Until Kane gets signed, [that he's up for trade is] probably something that could be said."

So it seems like we're not actively trying to trade Lucas like we are with Jeffy & Robbo.
Looks like we're willing to keep him if we dont get something decent for him, rather than just shipping him off for a token pick.

Could still be in our plans for next year yet.

half back flank? (just kidding)

Not sure why there's so much excitement over Membrey..
Strengths
Strong hands
presents well.
Weaknesses
lacks run
lack of size
poor once the ball hits the deck
no exposed form

Not sure why there's so much excitement over Membrey..
Strengths
Strong hands
presents well.
Weaknesses
lacks run
lack of size
poor once the ball hits the deck
no exposed form
He only lacks size if you think he's a KPF - which he isn't.

Add to strengths - can play midfield & HB. Good reader of the play. Get set shot.

Add to strengths - can play midfield & HB. Good reader of the play. Get set shot.
Stylistically at least he is a kpf. The Swans have tried to get him to develop other aspects of his game.
He can play midfield for a couple of mins.. fitness is a concern.
Like Rockliff, who was a similar player as a junior, whether he'll make it is dependent on whether he can build his tank.
As with all of the players that we've been linked with, if the club decides he's worthwhile so be it.

Last edited:
IMO if he was drafted to any club but Sydney & probably Hawthorn - he'd be playing consistent senior footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get set shot.............:eek:

What do you mean mid-fielder?.................................much too small at 188 to be a mid-fielder. Cripps has set the new standard. :)
Yeah, can make for a midfielder and think that some may be looking at him for exactly that role.

EDIT: Did kick 100 in the NEAFL last year also..............so it was 2 years, was it? Heard 100+ today

Get set shot.............:eek:

What do you mean mid-fielder?.................................much too small at 188 to be a mid-fielder. Cripps has set the new standard. :)
Yeah, can make for a midfielder and think that some may be looking at him for exactly that role.

Great* :oops:

yeah ive watched him a couple of times and in fact I've played against him. Look, I like him because he can kick long and accurately and mark the ball very well and IMO his mobility has improved since being in the AFL system. He would be more than a handy acquisition lets put it that way

needs to build his tank, that much we are agreed upon.

on principle he fits the criteria:

Good mark and shot and field kicking is apparently OK.
Right age, good size for a mid/HF

Build his tank so that he is capable of playing 6 x 5 min bursts in the midfield and you have an awkward to match up fwd who is a small part of the mid rotation.

Same with Menz, should look for him to spend more and more time in the guts.

Farktherest I've suggested that Menz play at HBF on occassions. Defo not permanently but it affords greater exposure to both defensive and offensive aspects of his game while gives a real opportunity to showcase a different kind of creativity. Quality ball use is accentuated. It gives him more strings and could be a stepping stone into the midfield proper. I see it as fast tracking.

maybe if we get membrey first with our 3rd rounder, Jones wont want to come to Carlton(wishful thinking):p
although both would prob be ok. jones to dominate with the northblues and membrey to dominate in the seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back