Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My source who said we are looking at Jaksch says we're closer to getting Boyd than Jaksch. That's not to say we aren't looking at Jaksch too. Oh boy. Big boy.

Please tell Brian I hope he's a better source than he is a commentator. ;)

To think we have to wait until October to see if any of this comes to fruition.

As if this season couldn't be any longer.

Okay with all this Boyd talk, it does actually seem likely he'd be traded this year over next. His contract ending gives GWS less leverage; knowing they will lose him, they'd want the most they could get. The big question is what we give. Have to be our 1st rounder plus a decent player. Pick 5/6 + who? Kreuzer? It is overpaying but what else would they accept?

Okay with all this Boyd talk, it does actually seem likely he'd be traded this year over next. His contract ending gives GWS less leverage; knowing they will lose him, they'd want the most they could get. The big question is what we give. Have to be our 1st rounder plus a decent player. Pick 5/6 + who? Kreuzer?
I think we may Infact give a first round plus walker and Lucas

Walker is actually the perfect trade with our first pick. In the age bracket they need at 28 and is the right amount of talent to be coupled. But as I said, unsettle the lads?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, he's the number one draft pick out of luck and has shown nothing this year.

I have no doubt he is very talented but he was a number one draft pick because someone picked him at number 1. That in itself proves very little.

I wouldn't say he has shown nothing but he is still unproven.

He may prove to be a superstar but then again he may not. I'm happy for him to play with us, just not at any cost.

Nothing could unsettle them if they were ok after moving Eddie on.

And I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely serious. That's how much everyone loved Eddie.

And I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely serious. That's how much everyone loved Eddie.

The difference is though that Eddie decided to move on, in this scenario Walker would be moving on at our request.

I'm still unsettled :( ... Yeah I hear your point; the players seem to have all bought in to the club's direction. We'd need a pick upgrade to get into the first round if this happens.

Much as I love 1AW, if we can trade in the undisputed #1 young player from the 2013 pool who fills a desperate need and will also bleed for the Navy Blue, I'd send Tex to GWS with our 1st pick (6) in a heartbeat. Reckon there may be knives in the deal if it were to actually happen though. Something like, but not necessarily...

Carlton get: T. Boyd and GWS' 3rd Pick (~39)
GWS get: A. Walker and Carlton's 1st Pick (~6)

GWS likely to trade another kid to get a 2nd rounder anyway (Jaksch, JOR etc) so won't be phased about losing a pick above 30...

We could then do a Everitt-type trade with Sydney to get Tommy Mitchell in, say:

Carlton get: T. Mitchell and their 4th (~73)
Sydney get: Carlton's 3rd (~39)

This way we keep our 2nd rounder and even try to get another 2nd for Lucas, Garlett etc and go to the draft with:

Pick ~24, ~42 and ~73, having already secured Tom Boyd, Tommy Mitchell and potentially another 2nd or 3rd rounder in there.

We can dream...

Much as I love 1AW, if we can trade in the undisputed #1 young player from the 2013 pool who fills a desperate need and will also bleed for the Navy Blue, I'd send Tex to GWS with our 1st pick (6) in a heartbeat. Reckon there may be knives in the deal if it were to actually happen though. Something like, but not necessarily...

Carlton get: T. Boyd and GWS' 3rd Pick (~39)
GWS get: A. Walker and Carlton's 1st Pick (~6)

GWS likely to trade another kid to get a 2nd rounder anyway (Jaksch, JOR etc) so won't be phased about losing a pick above 30...

We could then do a Everitt-type trade with Sydney to get Tommy Mitchell in, say:

Carlton get: T. Mitchell and their 4th (~73)
Sydney get: Carlton's 3rd (~39)

This way we keep our 2nd rounder and even try to get another 2nd for Lucas, Garlett etc and go to the draft with:

Pick ~24, ~42 and ~73, having already secured Tom Boyd, Tommy Mitchell and potentially another 2nd or 3rd rounder in there.

We can dream...

We're not getting Mitchell. :(

And why would Sydney trade a gun like Mitchell for a 3rd rd upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back