Fantasy Tradeaway League 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So just to be clear, the winner must initiate a trade, yes? There's no opt out if I'm happy with my team?

I'm sure fellow Eagles fans would lynch me for even thinking this...

But come ooooon Demarco Murray for a monster tomorrow.

You might think, if I'm wishing for something, that I'd prefer to "save" a potential monster game for another week... you would be wrong. 26.5 and I'm the first player this season to hit 200 in a week, which I think is mind-blowing (albeit as someone who didn't have any experience using IDPs before this season.)

I'm sure fellow Eagles fans would lynch me for even thinking this...

But come ooooon Demarco Murray for a monster tomorrow.

You might think, if I'm wishing for something, that I'd prefer to "save" a potential monster game for another week... you would be wrong. 26.5 and I'm the first player this season to hit 200 in a week, which I think is mind-blowing (albeit as someone who didn't have any experience using IDPs before this season.)
I'm happy for this to occur, as long as next week your team gets nowhere near it :p

I'm happy for this to occur, as long as next week your team gets nowhere near it :p

I'm bummed out that the draw pitted me against you next week - week 9 is the one I've been concerned about all along, cos I have some bye trouble. Depending on injuries, the skill players should be ok. But I'm going to have to make some changes in defence. Which is disappointing, because I think my IDPs have been one of the keys to my season so far :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK Nobby, its on like Donkey Kong this week.

I pretty much know which player will be leaving my team if I lose, do you know what I'll be aiming at?

As I said, I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself - I'm already behind the 8-ball if Jimmy Graham doesn't play tomorrow, because I'm unlikely to be able to make a late change... and I don't have anyone on my bench to bring in anyway.

But anyway, I would've thought the Lynch for Murray trade you're aiming at was quite obvious ;)

As I said, I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself - I'm already behind the 8-ball if Jimmy Graham doesn't play tomorrow, because I'm unlikely to be able to make a late change... and I don't have anyone on my bench to bring in anyway.

But anyway, I would've thought the Lynch for Murray trade you're aiming at was quite obvious ;)
That is one, but not the first cab off the rank. Anyway, I know if I lose this week JJ Watt will have a new home.

That is one, but not the first cab off the rank. Anyway, I know if I lose this week JJ Watt will have a new home.
Texans have the bye next week, you may keep Watt after all

Dammit. Too cute by half.

I benched my A graders this week cos I didn't want to lose Murray or Brown... if I'd played them I would've won.

Serves me right.

Dammit. Too cute by half.

I benched my A graders this week cos I didn't want to lose Murray or Brown... if I'd played them I would've won.

Serves me right.
More than happy to sneak the win by default mate :)

Until the finals :thumbsu:

More than happy to sneak the win by default mate :)

Until the finals :thumbsu:

I hope we both make it. Undoubtedly the worst 2 things about this league are:

1. the fact that all 12 teams make the playoffs (which I only realised a couple of weeks ago)
2. that this fact hasn't led to everyone playing it out. I'm getting the distinct impression a few managers have already thrown their toys out of the cot.

Incredibly, I scored the second highest score in the league this week - with a bye in my line up - and still lost!

Question, now that this week is finals, do the trades continue up until the end or are teams frozen from now on?

Good question...

Question, now that this week is finals, do the trades continue up until the end or are teams frozen from now on?

I would've assumed that trades continue. The rule was that the winner must force a trade on their vanquished foe - I don't recall seeing anything about that ceasing when we got to the playoffs?

I don't think trading through the playoffs creates any more of a crap shoot than the rest of the season has been. Why end it now?

And also, I would hope that teams are never "frozen". We still need to be able access waivers and FAs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back