Preview Training reports, pics, training discussion, mustachioed 80s heartthrobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots to look at this pre-season but my main interest will be around:

Group A. Byrne, Plowman, Sheehan, Jaksch, Weitering (of course)

Group B: Boekhorst, Sumner, DVR, Kerridge, #8 & #11

agree and i hope to see graham do well. ill watch foster with interest. be a bonus if he can stand up at either end

agree and i hope to see graham do well. ill watch foster with interest. be a bonus if he can stand up at either end

Graham is on my 'you know what you'll get' list.

Forgot to mention SOS. Reckon the young guys will get around him..............and not for the fact his father is involved at the club.

Buckley looks fit........terrific definition on the kid.

Reminding me more of Paul Kelly as time goes on.
I know, right?

paul-kelly.jpg

Seeing Holman is awesome, hopefully he puts in a strong couple of weeks and gets re-drafted, kid showed flashes last year.
Fingers crossed folks. According to this article, he has been included in the Summer Program.

Holman, who played nine games in two seasons, could be a chance to be re-drafted as a rookie by the Blues given he has been included in their summer program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots to look at this pre-season but my main interest will be around:

Group A. Byrne, Plowman, Sheehan, Jaksch, Weitering (of course)

Group B: Boekhorst, Sumner, DVR, Kerridge, #8 & #11
Terrific list but personally I'd add Docherty to group A and Whiley to group B.

Ahhh... Pre-season is a wonderful time of year and I for one will be blindly lapping up all the club, media and bigfooty beat up. Gotta love pre-season optimism. :D

But Doc is so consistent, not much to take from watching him train.
Bolton I believe will be pushing the guys hard on disposal. No way is Docherty bad but everyone needs to improve... Seeing as he is so well rounded as a player he should improve most in that field. Last year was by far his best and most consistent year. As a future leader he needs to take charge and not drop his workrate. I am sure he has it in him

Players im looking forward to seeing in the pre season the most

DVR - really hope he earns a senior call so we can see him at that level
SMITH - seems like a player who needs a massive pre season to find where he will potentially play his best footy be it back or forward
WOOD/PHILLIPS/GORRINGE - hopefully all 3 train like they're trying prove something

From - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-09/preseason-wrap-day-one

After yet another season to forget, Carlton's young players began arriving at the club from 6.30am on Monday for new coach Brendon Bolton's first training session.

While it was the first opportunity for new recruits Liam Sumner, Sam Kerridge and Jed Lamb to meet their new teammates, it was also the first chance for the rest of the club's refreshed coaching group of Neil Craig, Shane Watson, Tim Clarke and Dale Amos to speak to the young group.

Lamb was the squad's best performer in the cardio testing, which included 40m and 150m sprints.

From - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-09/preseason-wrap-day-one

After yet another season to forget, Carlton's young players began arriving at the club from 6.30am on Monday for new coach Brendon Bolton's first training session.

While it was the first opportunity for new recruits Liam Sumner, Sam Kerridge and Jed Lamb to meet their new teammates, it was also the first chance for the rest of the club's refreshed coaching group of Neil Craig, Shane Watson, Tim Clarke and Dale Amos to speak to the young group.

Lamb was the squad's best performer in the cardio testing, which included 40m and 150m sprints.
Lamb being so fit will help

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-11-09/new-blues-begin

New recruit Jed Lamb took the cardio session in his stride, saying he’s feeling “pretty fit”.

“I came back early just so I could train really hard, I hoped to come back on day one in good nick,” Lamb said.

“I’ve still got a couple of weeks before I’m officially back – I just wanted to come into the club and get to know everyone.

Good sign from young Jed, not only to train through the break so as to make sure he was super fit to start the year, but also to elect to come back early and start with the kids. Jed, KJ, Crippa, Bucks and his group of kids, been a long time since we have had that sort or professionalism and desperation for success.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

FMD, preseason training has started and not one player from this years draft was there.

How the hell are we going to improve with that lack of effort? Sakc the lot of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back