Preview Training reports, pics, training discussion, mustachioed 80s heartthrobs

Remove this Banner Ad

"Lamb was the squad's best performer in the cardio testing, which included 40m and 150m sprints."

This should not be glossed over. Kerridge is an athletic beast, for Lamb to be outperforming him is brilliant. The fact that Lamb is not actually required to attend with the 1-4 years group and already putting in the work, signals a hunger, a desire to grab his 3rd and last chance with both hands. Had him borderline best 22 prospect. Fit and focussed, there is a spot for him in our new look forward line especially when a genuine midfield "pinch hitter".:thumbsu:

"Lamb was the squad's best performer in the cardio testing, which included 40m and 150m sprints."

This should not be glossed over. Kerridge is an athletic beast, for Lamb to be outperforming him is brilliant. The fact that Lamb is not actually required to attend with the 1-4 years group and already putting in the work, signals a hunger, a desire to grab his 3rd and last chance with both hands. Had him borderline best 22 prospect. Fit and focussed, there is a spot for him in our new look forward line especially when a genuine midfield "pinch hitter".:thumbsu:
'Hungry Lamb a wolf in sheep's clothing'

Great to hear lamb has turned up fit, hungry and dedicated. Cripps and jaksch doing extra running over the break is fantastic. I'd say kerridge hasn't started yet though as not a 1-4 year player..

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-11-09/new-blues-begin

New recruit Jed Lamb took the cardio session in his stride, saying he’s feeling “pretty fit”.

“I came back early just so I could train really hard, I hoped to come back on day one in good nick,” Lamb said.

“I’ve still got a couple of weeks before I’m officially back – I just wanted to come into the club and get to know everyone.

Good sign from young Jed, not only to train through the break so as to make sure he was super fit to start the year, but also to elect to come back early and start with the kids. Jed, KJ, Crippa, Bucks and his group of kids, been a long time since we have had that sort or professionalism and desperation for success.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
You know what would have been good... if every player had shown up to the start of training.

Now that would have been a show of professionalism. Even though they are still officially on holidays. It would have shown solidarity and team spirit de corp.

You know what would have been good... if every player had shown up to the start of training.

Now that would have been a show of professionalism. Even though they are still officially on holidays. It would have shown solidarity and team spirit de corp.

And an impressive disregard for Indonesian ash clouds!

Hypothetically, yeah, it'd be pretty special. But a lot of the older players have families w/kids and whatnot, so I'm perfectly fine with them getting some extra time off. Also means by the time the old blokes get back the young guys are a little ahead of the curve with the new coaching group - I figure this can only be a good thing from a team-building perspective, as it will encourage the younger guys to be a bit more vocal and proactive at training.

And an impressive disregard for Indonesian ash clouds!
They could always hire a boat and sail back... ohhh wait... maybe not a good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed Lamb may well surprise a few and happily take Menzel's role.
And it wouldn't take much to improve on Menzel's 2015 performance so that would be a win right here.

Had lunch at the club yesterday, great to see the new young recruits wandering around, Kerridge looked super fit as did Murphy who was there also having a chat with some of the younger boys at lunch time.

Gorringe looks a nice build/size of a lad, hope he can take the next step in his career.

Hope the cafe didn't lose Gorringe's lunch order!!

I dont understand the whole 1-4 year players starting early when it comes to new recruits. I think the length of the break should vary based on both their age, and how long theyve been at the club.

That doesnt mean all new recruits need to do the same amount of fitness work, but they should be there as soon as possible to familiarise themselves with the new clubs facilities, structures and processes.

Glad to see Lamb taking the intiative to do that himself (im assuming Phillips did too, given he's 24 and in his 5th year?)

I dont understand the whole 1-4 year players starting early when it comes to new recruits. I think the length of the break should vary based on both their age, and how long theyve been at the club.

That doesnt mean all new recruits need to do the same amount of fitness work, but they should be there as soon as possible to familiarise themselves with the new clubs facilities, structures and processes.

Glad to see Lamb taking the intiative to do that himself (im assuming Phillips did too, given he's 24 and in his 5th year?)
Not sure what you mean. Player's returns are staggered based on their years in the system (ie number of preseason completed) and I am sure age is calculated as well. If we had a third year 27 year old, I'm sure they would be on a modified program.

Not sure what you mean. Player's returns are staggered based on their years in the system (ie number of preseason completed) and I am sure age is calculated as well. If we had a third year 27 year old, I'm sure they would be on a modified program.
All I'm saying is if we trade for a guy like Pavlich in his 30's....I still expect them to come to the club at the same time as the 1-4 year players. Im saying, it should be less about total time in the system, and instead be tied to time at the club. New players would be less in line with their new clubs structures and systems, so I dont think its right that they get an extended break.

I think what Slash is getting at is that a new recruit for the club should be there as early as possible, no matter how many years they've spent at another club.

So if we recruited Jed Adcock as a DFA, he should be starting with the younger group as he has some settling in to do as far as club environment, people and culture go.

For the record, I disagree. The older players are theoretically more practiced at managing their own fitness programs during the break, therefore they can be trusted (as a general rule) to come back in the right shape. They've done their time as a young bloke, know what's expected, and therefore deserve a longer break. See photos of Juddy last off-season vs the talk of Clem's less than ideal physical conditioning.

All I'm saying is if we trade for a guy like Pavlich in his 30's....I still expect them to come to the club at the same time as the 1-4 year players. Im saying, it should be less about total time in the system, and instead be tied to time at the club. New players would be less in line with their new clubs structures and systems, so I dont think its right that they get an extended break.
Ah right I understand. You would imagine there's a fair bit of juggling involved between AFLPA rules and the needs of the club, but I agree that new players to the club (not new players) should ideally be involved and present ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back