Analysis Training Watch - Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Stumbled onto the Swans board for read, apparently Jetta ran an 8.10 beep test...

Jetta must still be dizzy. Just went for a squiz. This post was good.

'The moment I knew we'd lost the GF was when Jetta was KO'd and none of our players seemed to care. There should have been an all out brawl at that stage. Piss weak act to take down a much smaller player, legally or not the intention was to pick us off. We failed to stand up to bullying.'

Note to McEvoy: next time you take a mark be careful not to collide with any front running squibs. Bullying lol.

'The moment I knew we'd lost the GF was when Jetta was KO'd and none of our players seemed to care. There should have been an all out brawl at that stage. Piss weak act to take down a much smaller player, legally or not the intention was to pick us off. We failed to stand up to bullying.'

Note to McEvoy: next time you take a mark be careful not to collide with any front running squibs. Bullying lol.

Wow, they really are desperate for excuses, couldn't find a more incidental collision if you tried.

Someone finally deleted the $wans board. Good riddance, a more deluded bunch of flogs I have never met

upload_2014-11-25_13-6-34.png

I too was there having a look. Impressed by several of the boys.
Willsmore, O'Rourke, Ceglar (surprised with his running) to name a few.
Frawley moves well for a big lump. Liquor seems to have shown the way with the older boys missing, stands out on the track.

TFP, couldn't believe how much running they did, and that was AFTER their ball work. It's only November but can't help getting a little excited.
Not unusual the running its all about that now. The game has taken on the focus of doing the miles and yes they are being flogged on track. We must, to keep ahead of the chasing bunch. I must say woody also seems to be intensely focused

My god. Frawley is a beast. His arms are bigger than my head.

142511_boxing3.jpg

Backline is lookinggggg goooooood this season!

Traning today

Headed down to waverley today for a gander.

Miserable day with regular showers and rain. I expected to see the kids running and then running some more and they didn't dissapoint.

There were two groups. One that was doing the hard yards running (most of the guys out there) and the other was o'brien and o'rourke doing handball drills.

Things i did notice today Cegs looks really fit covering the ground really well.
Leather like the coaches have mentioned seems to have a real confidence about him out there.

Duryea has developed a couple of guns over the summer. He has come back in great shape.

Poppy has a beard and Mo for what he says is the summer growing.

Jed looks great out there. Has really improved his fitness along with Willsmore who seems to be covering the ground really well.

Young Billy led most of the running up and down the field.
Jed still have strapping on his shoulder?

The best thing about Frawley is he's huge and strong enough to take 1 on 1's but is very quick for a guy his size so most key forwards aren't going to beat him at ground level too much either

I see him as a replacement for Josh Gibson rather than Brian lake. I hope Heatherley can step in for a few games at FB this year, he has a bit to learn but he seems to have the ferocity, strength, speed, size and wingspan to be a good key defender.

I see him as a replacement for Josh Gibson rather than Brian lake. I hope Heatherley can step in for a few games at FB this year, he has a bit to learn but he seems to have the ferocity, strength, speed, size and wingspan to be a good key defender.
I very much doubt Kurt is ready for senior footy this year HP.

Spangher and Schoey will be our immediate depth behind Frawley, Lake & Gibbo anyway.

We are fine in this department and will allow Heatherley to get another full year of development to learn our structures and systems.

Will be nice to intimidate Pork Hawkins with both Brian and James looking strong enough to match him at every turn.
Like to see him try a jumper punch on those two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed still have strapping on his shoulder?
Yep he will wear that for a while i would suggest prolly the rest the year just like quite a few players who have strapping on the their shoulders. Was pretty happy coming off training with DC and Marco Bello gave me a lil nod as he was going up the stairs. Shy young guy completely different to when he crosses that white line.

I have no doubt he would run Franklin down. I do agree that Franklin is slightly more nimble though.

Frawley looks like he is about to blow a gasket in that clip while a young Jetta seems to struggle to run and bounce the ball before eventually failing spectacularly (as he is prone to) and getting run over. You can see Frawley is prepared to give it everything he's got which is great to see.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm anti Frawley though as I'm really not. I'm really excited to see how he goes in a good team with the actual carrot of finals footy in front of him. But Franklin would have him beat for speed pretty much every time. There's no shame in that though, especially when he is liable to beat him in most every other aspect of the game.

Does anyone reckon Whitecross might get a gig down back this year? Not sure who he'd be replacing, though.

Throw him into the midfield I think, just because we need more inside midfielders with good pace and he could provide that. But I think he will be an interchange player next year.

Throw him into the midfield I think, just because we need more inside midfielders with good pace and he could provide that. But I think he will be an interchange player next year.

That is the plan with Whitecross this year I believe, they think he can have real impact as a big bodied inside midfielder.

That is the plan with Whitecross this year I believe, they think he can have real impact as a big bodied inside midfielder.
I can't wait for Whitecross to come back. At the start of next season he'll be 18 months post reco which means by finals time he'll be at the important 2 year mark and back to *normal.

*fingers crossed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back