Competitions Ultimate Footy 2015 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've started working on my keepers, by position.

Here's my first draft of a list of possibles. I'd be up for a few trades, if folks want to talk?

KEEPERS

Josh Gibson
Brodie Smith
Jasper Pittard
Michael Hibbard
Shaun Higgins

Brent Stanton
Lachie Whitfield
Brad Ebert
Richie Douglas
Jobe Watson
Tom Scully

Stefan Martin
Nic Nat
Ben McEvoy

Brendan Goddard
Jarryd Roughhead
Devon Smith
Aaron Hall
Zach Merrett

Team List - End of Round 23

Backs
Kade Kolodjashnij
Taylor Duryea
Clancee Pearce
Sam Gilbert
Tendai Mzungu
Zac Williams
Brad Sheppard
Matthew Jaensch

Midfield
Jack Steven
Jack Macrae
Adam Treloar
Brandon Ellis
Steele Sidebottom
Rory Sloane
Dayne Beams

Sebastian Ross
Luke Dunstan
Ryan Griffen

Rucks
Max Gawn
Shaun McKernan
Matthew Lobbe
Jonathan Ceglar

Forward
Luke Dahlhaus
Jack Gunston
Toby Greene
Allen Christensen
Jesse Hogan
Issac Heeney

Jake Llyod
Daniel Menzel
Dale Thomas
Christian Petracca

This is not official, but probably what I'm looking at leading into the next season. Obviously positional changes might alter this. I'm happy to trade those i've highlighted in GREEN and those not highlighted. You might want to get someone before the draft is open!

Last edited:

Backs
Bachar Houli
Matthew Broadbent

Harry Taylor
Alex Fasolo
Kamdyn McIntosh
Robert Murphy
Sam Wright
Heritier Lumumba
James Kelly - retired

Mids
Andrew Gaff
Callan Ward
Isaac Smith
Patrick Cripps
Chris Masten
Marc Murphy
Dion Prestia
David Swallow

Jack Viney
Dom Tyson
Maverick Weller

Rucks
Matthew Kreuzer
Ivan Maric
Billy Longer

Zac Clarke

Forwards
Brett Deledio
Jack Crisp
Mitch Robinson

Brent Harvey
Jake Stringer
Jackson Merrett
Robin Nahas
Danyle Pearce

Same as Vantz, not finalised but this is how I'm looking so far. Also happy to look at any trade offers.

Backs
Heath Shaw
Jack Newnes
Tom McDonald
Lee Spurr
Garrick Ibbotsen
Jackson Thurlow
Zach Tuohy
Luke Hodge
Jarrod Harbrow

Mids
David Armitage
Patrick Dangerfield
Dyson Heppell
Cameron Guthrie
Ben Cunnington
Josh Kelly
Billy Hartung
Darcy Lang
Luke Parker
Josh Caddy

Rucks
Sam Jacobs
Jon Griffin
Tom Nicholls
Matthew Leuenberger

Forwards
Danye Zorko
Josh Kennedy
Kurt Tippett
Thomas Lynch (Suns)
Drew Petrie
Luke Bruest
Marco Paparone
Josh Jenkins
Lewis Taylor

Open slather - all offers considered.

This is going to get fun - I'm going to go change my first post ...

Backs
Tom Langdon
Shaun Burgoyne
Michael Johnson
Alex Rance

Nick Smith
Shaun Atley
Marley Williams
Taylor Hunt (C)
Luke McPharlin

Midfield
Dan Hannebery
Josh Kennedy
Joel Selwood
Luke Shuey

Levi Greenwood
David Zaharakis
Matthew Stokes
Ben Howlett (F)
Bryce Gibbs
Jaeger O'Meara

Rucks
Brodie Grundy
Jason Holmes
Todd Goldstein

Forward
Nick Riewoldt
Chad Wingard
Taylor Walker
Jack Riewoldt

Jack Carlisle (B)
Matt White (C)
Charlie Dixon
Jack Billings
Angus Monfries
Cam McCarthy

Reds are unlikely to be up for grabs - unless I get significant benefit in another area of need.
Orange are probably the extras I look to fill out my keepers.
Everyone else is up for grabs.

Last edited:

Backs
Tom Langdon
Shaun Burgoyne
Michael Johnson
Alex Rance
Nick Smith
Shaun Atley
Marley Williams
Taylor Hunt (C)
Luke McPharlin

Midfield
Dan Hannebery
Josh Kennedy
Joel Selwood
Luke Shuey
Levi Greenwood
David Zaharakis
Matthew Stokes
Ben Howlett (F)
Bryce Gibbs
Jaeger O'Meara

Rucks
Brodie Grundy
Jason Holmes
Todd Goldstein

Forward
Nick Riewoldt
Chad Wingard
Taylor Walker
Jack Riewoldt
Jack Carlisle (B)
Matt White (C)
Charlie Dixon
Jack Billings
Angus Monfries
Cam McCarthy

How many we keeping again? (I'll update post after that)
Half your squad, 16.

We might also consider what format we are planning on using next season. I know there was discussion of whether we go to 1 Ruckman instead of 2.

Personally I think that still probably depends on how many teams we have next year. If we do reduce from 10 to 8 because some of the inactive teams as discussed pull out, keeping the current system would probably be fine. I think it's obvious who is active and understand people have varying levels of involvement. Understandable that people have issues that arise like DS tragically had this year that surpass a game. But need to look at activity over the whole year.

Last edited:
I think we go to eight teams, but keep it pretty much the same.

Also - is there an easy way to cut and paste your team list?

Vantz - want to do a ruck for a mid trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben McEvoy for Brandon Ellis?

I played three rucks the last half of the year with McEvoy as my utility, and that strategy won me a couple of games.

I'm open to suggestions as well as I have three starting quality rucks, and you have seven starting quality mids, which is pretty impressive.

I think we need to have a show of hands for interest in 2016 if you guys are going to cut it from 10 to 8 teams.

My interest in this was reasonably low this year but not sure how many are 100% on pulling out. I'm happy to pull out as one of the 2 teams but obviously if there are more than 2 that don't want to take part then that makes things a bit more tricky.

I think you're normally on BF enough to be a good contributor, Hank

But we SHOULD do a show of hands.

I'm in again. Who else?

Vantz or Danoz or someone - want to do a show of hands, maybe tag everyone?

I'm also up for a conversation about maybe switching to AFL Fantasy, if it helps people to have all of your games in the same app.

Kristof I don't see McEvoy as an upgrade on either Gawn or Lobbe so probably unlikely. It's tricky to trade when we are cutting to 16. You kind of need to feel you are covering a hole in one of those spots. I feel i'll be targeting defenders, because mine are just solid not many standouts.

Okay I'll tag everyone and see if they are interested. I've put people into 3 categories the level of involvement. From always active to missing in action. These are not meant as criticisms, just highlighting what I saw as someone who was active throughout. Again it's not a big deal if you weren't. This is just a game between lads on an internet forum. But we do want to make it as active as possible. I like this game because compared to my real life friends who are hopeless, this is actually a challenge because people know as much if not more than I do.

------------------------- (Core group of people who were actively playing every week, seeking trades and free agents)
Kristof - Always around and open to trades, FA and beating us all.
azza77 - Run and organised the league well but was M.I.A during his GF week?
Danoz - Great write ups towards the end of the year. Open to trades and FA.
Vantz - Annoyed everyone with rubbish trade suggestions.
Bacon8 - Active every week with trades and FA action.

------------------------- (Poor drafts/bad luck impacted enthusiasm)
Hank93 - Missed last 9 picks in the draft and impacted on interest in the game.
Allefgib - Came home strong late and was more active when made finals. No trades, big gap of inactivity between mid May-August. Busy moderating :)
Geoffa32 - Lost interest with struggling team but was open to trades. Probably on the back of trades that did not go his way. Only did one FA request all year.
DangerSloane - No FA activity from June 3rd/No Trades. Was active poster pre June. Had personal issues in July. Having Ablett/Crouch out probably hurt his interest.
---------------------------
Campbell's Chunky - Popped up in FA around every month, but was absent from the thread. I did a quick look and think his last post was March 19th?

Im here Im here!!! Man I've been meaning to get into this thread, but everytime I read bigfooty and then think to come across to here, something bobs up. Also a huge birthday weekend, and multiple trips to Melbourne has kept me busy, as well as 2 grand finals in my other leagues. Pocketed a tasty $700 all up :D

Hey Kristof, **** you! ;) Pipped me in the final again.....

But in all seriousness, I have no idea I even made it to the grand final. My team was falling to pieces week after week and I never thought Id be a contender come finals with Tom Campbell and a Downie/Lobb combo in the ruck division.

Losing a host of other top end players including Walters, McVeigh, Swallow and Bennell was a recipe for disaster going into the grand final. I also selected all the wrong players as my bench practically outscored my fielded players.

But anyways, in to big and better things next year I guess. Time to start looking into my keepers.

If anyone is keen on a trade, I have heaps of Midfielders. I'd like to trade a player like Steele Sidebottom for a player in another position. Send me some offers if you would like Steele!

SIDEBOTTOM%20Steele.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back