Injury Update on Jonathan Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BQ4LrfZCIAAOCEH.jpg:large

Latest information is that he hasn't given up hope to play again this season.
Looks like the injury isn't too bad :thumbsu:

More to come.

Doubt he will be back before the end of the year, and there is no point rushing him back for 1 game, best reloading him for next year. Browny would do his ACL and be hopeful of playing in 6 weeks, not overly connected to reality with injuries our Browny.

He says it's irrelevant to his decision to play on but I would think if he misses the rest of the season he will be more determined than ever to play next year. Hope so.

Personally if he rushed back for one home game I'd be a bit worried that he's calling it quits at the end of the season. If he was to sit out the remainder of the year i would be a bit more encouraged actually. Only reason to push back for the Dogs game would be if black was retiring and he wanted to play in blacks last home game perhaps.

Personally if he rushed back for one home game I'd be a bit worried that he's calling it quits at the end of the season. If he was to sit out the remainder of the year i would be a bit more encouraged actually. Only reason to push back for the Dogs game would be if black was retiring and he wanted to play in blacks last home game perhaps.

One last time to see Black delivering a perfect lace out pass to Brown on the lead. I'm going to miss that so much. :(

One last time to see Black delivering a perfect lace out pass to Brown on the lead. I'm going to miss that so much. :(

One like is not enough for the pleasure I would personally get to be able to see it one last time as well. Immediately followed by JB nailing it from 50.

Scans confirm Tear

Scans have confirmed Co-Captain Jonathan Brown sustained a plantar fascia tear in his left foot in the Brisbane Lions’ win over St Kilda on Saturday night.
A recovery timeline at this stage is still to be confirmed.
The injury will be allowed to settle over the next 1-2 weeks before a decision is made regarding the most appropriate treatment and rehabilitation.
Until then, Brown will be listed as "indefinite" in the Bupa Health Centre at lions.com.au, click here for the link.
The Club will notify media of any further updates when available.

Does anyone know anything about this kind of injury?

A tear in a foot muscle sounds like something a 21 year old would recover from faster than a 31 year old.
Anecdotal evidence suggests this type of injury is difficult to heal and is prone to recur. A better recovery is likely with this tendon being snapped rather than torn.
I think it was Brad Johnson (IIRC) who years ago suffered similar injury and ended up jumping off the kitchen chair in order to snap it to facilitate a speedier/better recovery.

Anecdotal evidence suggests this type of injury is difficult to heal and is prone to recur. A better recovery is likely with this tendon being snapped rather than torn.
I think it was Brad Johnson (IIRC) who years ago suffered similar injury and ended up jumping off the kitchen chair in order to snap it to facilitate a speedier/better recovery.

Robert Harvey.

I really hope Brown goes on next year. One of my favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope he was 31.
And could see that he would have battled to hold his spot the next year, he also said that he didn't want to play anywhere else so injury didn't end his career, he played with one of the Scott brothers in their last game- check the roster watch heaps of info around him retiring

And could see that he would have battled to hold his spot the next year, he also said that he didn't want to play anywhere else so injury didn't end his career, he played with one of the Scott brothers in their last game- check the roster watch heaps of info around him retiring

Well he must be a liar then.:oops:
There was an article about Chris in yesterdays Courier Mail page 58..He said that his career was ended in 2007 by a similar injury.
He also stated that if Browny was to play next year, he would need to rest it now and allow it to heal properly.
He stated that Browny has a higher pain threshold than most.however.
He said his final season 2007 was plagued by the plantar fascia problem..it put an end to his career.
He and Scott played a final token game together before they both retired.

He has no pain now,because he doesnt train all week.

I think it will depend on the extent of the tear. If it's minor it can still take a while and be an ongoing niggle. If it is torn enough ie a major tear then snapping becomes an option. Doctors won't snap it.
If the reality is that it may snap easily enough then Brown is exactly the type to do it I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back