Injury Update on Jonathan Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like I'm no longer the smartest on this board. :cool:

;)

When they put it on him, I looked at his body language closely and I thought that was it, having said that I reckon he's done, just based upon what he said, which is different to the intention earlier in the year.

Yeah, sounds like a man content with what he's achieved and not interested in potentially embarrassing himself. ******* pissed if that St Kilda game is gonna be his last but 70% if I'm putting cash on it.

Yeah, sounds like a man content with what he's achieved and not interested in potentially embarrassing himself. ******* pissed if that St Kilda game is gonna be his last but 70% if I'm putting cash on it.

Echo that thought - plenty of Western District folk will be spewing (myself included) from a selfish point of view that we won't get another chance to see him go around and say thanks.

Echo that thought - plenty of Western District folk will be spewing (myself included) from a selfish point of view that we won't get another chance to see him go around and say thanks.

Need to emphasize that is the only reason for my sooky post. The man has done so much for this club and has earned the right to leave on his own merits. Just unhappy we potentially won't see him again.

Brown saying on TFS he wants to play one more game this year says to me he wants to play one last game for a very obvious reason.

Hope I'm reading this all wrong, but doesn't sound like a guy that wants to go around one more time.

Not that Brown will take any notice of all the footy pundits on the various shows tonight, but all seem fairly adamant that he should hang them up at the end of this season.

I took him on face value...he said he would decide after consulting with the doctor...I believed him when he said he hadn't decided, loves his footy and would love to keep playing next year, but will decide later......as he has always said.

He did seem very relaxed and content I agree.

Brown saying on TFS he wants to play one more game this year says to me he wants to play one last game for a very obvious reason.

Exactly what I thought.

I took him on face value...he said he would decide after consulting with the doctor...I believed him when he said he hadn't decided, loves his footy and would love to keep playing next year, but will decide later......as he has always said.

He did seem very relaxed and content I agree.

Yeah he looked to me like someone who was expecting bad news. Still a glimmer of hope from me but it is dwindling. Absolute shame we may never see him do his thing again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope I'm reading this all wrong, but doesn't sound like a guy that wants to go around one more time.

Not that Brown will take any notice of all the footy pundits on the various shows tonight, but all seem fairly adamant that he should hang them up at the end of this season.

The guys on 360 said he should play on in 2014.

Securing tickets for the Cattery in Round 23 is now a priority.

Securing tickets for the Cattery in Round 23 is now a priority.

I think for both him and Black. I think Black will make it back for the Rd 23 game (if not earlier) and Brown potentially making it back as well. Will be getting my tickets as well!

I agree. If we know anything about Browny, it is that he says what he means. If he says he's not sure, then he's not sure.

That's not to say he won't retire....just that he hasn't made up his mind.

I also think he isn't sure. If he was going to give it away, he is the type of guy that would say so, likewise if he was going to go again he would be talking up next year and wanting to get stuck into preseason already. Hasn't said either, I think after having a bit of a break he will make the decision.

FWIW, I think his form is good enough to go again, likewise injury wise he doesn't have any old man knee/calf/hammy/groin type injuries like Black does. It will simply be if he still has the hunger to get himself back up for another year or if he is happy to let it go.

I'd hate to lose both Black and Brown in the same year, but I really hope we can keep them on part time in mentoring roles if we do. We seem keen to get our academy developing good QLD prospects, Brown would be awesome to have involved with the kids.

Would love to see him involved in an academy mentoring role for some of those guys if he does hang them up. Black too although I think he may look at a coaching position. Brown I don't think will be moving from QLD so see him as a bit easier to get involved with some part time work with academy players combined with I'm sure a bit of media work.

Would love to see him involved in an academy mentoring role for some of those guys if he does hang them up. Black too although I think he may look at a coaching position. Brown I don't think will be moving from QLD so see him as a bit easier to get involved with some part time work with academy players combined with I'm sure a bit of media work.

A bit like Roos and Lynch. Based interstate with business/footy interests in those states but have a regular media role in Melbourne.

I reckon Brown will stay loyal to Channel 9 which is a shame because it probably limits him to the buffoonery type stuff of the Footy Show instead of being involved as a special comments man. I'd love for him to join a network that actually has rights to the games.

I would love to see him stay at OUR club....Couldn't ask for a better role model/mentor for current or future players. Mark Bickley ex captain of Crows, is on the coaching staff at his Crows.

Whatever they want to call his role, or whatever that role might be....he's a Lion...couldn't handle seeing him elsewhere like the Scotts for example.

..but wouldn't be surprised to see him get some sort of a role at the Suns now he is down there living.

Would like him to stay in some capacity if he is retiring. Always hard to see your icons go to another club but hec that's the business of AFL as they keep reminding us. Going to the Suns would be slightly more palatable given he would be helping Qld footy which is a good thing and something he seems pretty passionate about. Gonna miss seeing the big fella out there though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back