US Open 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Serena won, aside from her controversial dummy spits i actually like watching her play and wallop the other players. In this instance i can't stand Wozniacki so i was glad Serena beat her.
Kournikova of this gen with being slightly better and slightly less sex appealing.

Whilst I'm happy for Nishikori and Cilic, I can't help but to think what could have been for Djokovic. When he looks back on his career he'll see these as missed opportunities to build on his grandslam list. He's at the peak of his career and really shouldn't be losing these matches. Federer result was predictable, had $$ on Cilic to smash him in three sets.

How much did you win, or are you just taking the piss

Kournikova of this gen with being slightly better and slightly less sex appealing.

Um except Wozniacki is a former world number one....

A class player. One of the great counter punchers.

What the hell is with the hair-brained calls on this forum all the time???

Last edited:
So was Kournakova.

haha-gif-gif.45542

Too bad she'll never be a grand slam winner

She's like the Ross Lyon of tennis (ie: the way she plays is a chief reason as to why she won't win one).

If you bothered to actually watch her matches this tournament and followed her progress at all in the past, Wozniacki has actually reworked her game now. Its much more attacking. And that is why she made a GRAND SLAM FINAL playing against the greatest of all time.

Jesus Christ people, think before you post mindless s**t

How much did you win, or are you just taking the piss
I'm serious. Got a mate to place the bet though. Not really a betting man myself, just saw the opportunity and took it. :p

I think it was paying 8 dollars. Put 15 on it. Not a bad payout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you bothered to actually watch her matches this tournament and followed her progress at all in the past, Wozniacki has actually reworked her game now. Its much more attacking. And that is why she made a GRAND SLAM FINAL playing against the greatest of all time.

Jesus Christ people, think before you post mindless s**t
Agree. Ever since she broke up with Rory, she's lifted. Plays with so much more power now. Hardly misses either..

I'm serious. Got a mate to place the bet though. Not really a betting man myself, just saw the opportunity and took it. :p

I think it was paying 8 dollars. Put 15 on it. Not a bad payout.

Given Fed's record against big servers, there's just no way...

On Serena, watching her play at her best is incredible, she is certainly a few levels above everyone else (an on fire Kvitova maybe the only exception for me). Women's tennis won't be the same when she retires.

Have to agree regard Wozinacki over the last two weeks, she'll never have the weapons but she is certainly stepping up in the aggression stakes. While she certainly pushes in some of her rallies it has improved.

Given Fed's record against big servers, there's just no way...

On Serena, watching her play at her best is incredible, she is certainly a few levels above everyone else (an on fire Kvitova maybe the only exception for me). Women's tennis won't be the same when she retires.

Have to agree regard Wozinacki over the last two weeks, she'll never have the weapons but she is certainly stepping up in the aggression stakes. While she certainly pushes in some of her rallies it has improved.
Cilic isn't just a big hitter. He does everything else well. Just look at what Del Potro does to Fed when they play.

Both Cilic and nishikori have certainly shown promise for a few years now and both have had their ups and downs. I'm excited for both of them that they have this opportunity and who knows what sort of confidence it will give them for the rest of their career if they win tomorrow.

Cilic has had 3 1/4 finals and a semi, plus plenty of 4th round appearances at a grand slam. Meanwhile kei has only had one previous 1/4 final appearance, so this is most definitely a breakout performance. Also beaten the 1st, 3rd and 5th seeds to get to the final.

A fan of both and will be rapt for the winner either way. Hopefully both can deliver close to their best in the final.

Last edited:
Great win by Serena. I don't think we realise how lucky we are to witness her career of such dominance over 2-3 generations of female tennis players.
+1 here. Serena and Fed are GOAT respectively, lucky to be witnessing them.
I am over the hate for Serena Williams. Every time she does something wrong the media are all over her. If she does something right you never here of it. She doesn't seem like a bad person and is actually friends with many of the players on the WTA tour. Wozniacki clearly has a lot of respect for her. Granted she hates losing and can be a sore loser at times but that attitude is what has made her so successful and determined.
But you won't hear that from the media here in Australia. All you will hear is 'serena said she lost because she wasn't playing well' 'serena smashed her racket today, serena sweared and yelled at the umpire on the rare occasion she does these things. It is an absolute disgrace IMO. I know she is not Australian and we have a dislike for american sportspeople but its running an agenda and disrespect to the greatest player the game has seen.

As for the men's final was a bit upset to wake up to the news that fed lost. Having said that very excited to see how Nishikori goes. Always liked his style and demeanour. I am not the biggest cilic fan but hopefully its a good contest nonetheless.

+1 here. Serena and Fed are GOAT respectively, lucky to be witnessing them.
I am over the hate for Serena Williams.
The one top female player I cannot stand is Sharapova. But serena is a legend of the sport and doesn't get anywhere near the credit of RF.

Yes we all hear how sw has only dominated women's tennis and her opponents are mental short people. Even if it was true, it is irrelevant. SW has been at the top for almost 15 years and beaten everyone from steffi Graf, Monica Seles, Martian hingis, Lindsay davenport, Venus Williams, justine henin, Kim clijsters, Maria Sharapova, Victoria azarenka, maurezmo, Safina, ivanovic and whoever else I haven't listed.

Rooting for Nishikori myself - he has shown some real balls to match his extreme talent. But I think Cilic might do him.

But really having none of the big 3 playing in the finals is massive - tennis is the real winner here. So refreshing for the sport.

Past few meetings. Del Potro has been able to blow him right off the court. Only difference is that Cilic is a better shot maker than Del Potro.

Off the top of my head Im 95% sure Fed beat Del Potro in their last two meetings at the world tour finals and in Paris. And Del Potro is a fantastic shot maker. So wrong - again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back