A) saints list, coaches, front office personal
B) blues list, who's coaching next year?, and front office

Hmmm tough choice

An 18yo sees

Hmmm tough choice

An 18 year old hears and sees

A) Stories about how his father was treated by his former clubs (one he became a premiership player at after a second knee injury while at his first he was pretty much dumped when he got hurt)
B) Premiership trophies at the clubs that he visits

Saints list? Funniest thing I've heard all day.

If there is one club's strategy we'll NOT follow in our rebuild it will be St. Kilda's drafting strategy.

An 18yo sees

Hmmm tough choice

Carlton will always be the Real Madrid of the AFL. All great clubs go through lean years even Real Madrid.

If there is one club's strategy we'll NOT follow in our rebuild it will be St. Kilda's drafting strategy.

Seriously? Its hard not to think this comment is working backwards from 'i hate st kilda'.

Rice will choose when the time comes, its best not to put too much pressure on the kid.

Seriously? Its hard not to think this comment is working backwards from 'i hate st kilda'..

Watched your kids play against ours and other times but the Carlton match stands out. Kids like Cripps, even first gamer Boekhorst won their respective head to head matchups quite handily.

You started your rebuild at around the same time that the Dogs did theirs. They're literally miles ahead of where you're at. The only one of your kids that screams 'future star of the AFL' to me is Billings. Even we've got one.

So I'm guessing your following your Murphy, Gibbs and kruz plan of never being relevant in 20 years?

Carlton will always be the Real Madrid of the AFL. All great clubs go through lean years even Real Madrid.
I don't think Real Madrid is calling for ronaldo to get the sack like ur supporters treat your wooden spoon no.1 picks

What a hilarious post! Our list shits on yours from an under 24yo POV. It's not even close, especially as we have so many more of them.

As for your last point, you do realise you already are following our list rebuild strategy, don't you? You're just two years behind.

Three years ago we went down that "trading down for multiple picks/players and recruiting those around 21yo" strategy that you guys went down last year (when you traded down pick 7 and recruited the likes of Jaksch, Boekhorst and Whiley, because you were likewise hoping to rebuild without bottoming out), but like us a couple of years ago, you now realise that you're going to have to do it the hard way and go the full rebuild and now you'll do more of the sort of stuff that we did, when we let the likes of Dal Santo and McEvoy go for draft picks. In your case it will be putting the likes of Gibbs and anyone else over 25yo with any trade value on the trade table and building again from the ground up.

So from an outside perspective you're pretty much following our rebuild strategy step by step!

Knowing you guys you'll probably try to take a shortcut or two though, like when you traded Kennedy and a very high pick for Judd, when you weren't close enough to a flag to be doing that.

You started your rebuild at around the same time that the Dogs did theirs.
No we didn't, we started ours a year or two after they did and since then we've had two picks in the top 6 of a draft (and no other top 12 picks), while they've had 3 top 6 picks (Bontempelli, Macrae, Stringer) and traded in another one, in Boyd, effectively taking it to 4, twice as many as us. They also hit the jackpot by landing Liberatore so cheaply at pick 40-odd, because of the F/S rule, that also landed them Wallis and Hunter on the cheap.

Pretty sure we beat them on the weekend though, so it didn't look like they were "literally miles ahead" of where we're at to me. Like you guys in the 2nd half of last year, we're only just starting to get back close to full strength (for the first time in about two years), after a heap of injuries, so there's every chance we're only just warming up, if that happens to continue.

The other thing with regards to us v WB and where we're at in our respective rebuilds is that WB have already played the ace they had up their sleeves which was a lot of salary cap space, when they signed up Tom Boyd for $7mil over 7 years- effectively eating up a big chunk of their salary cap for the next several years.

We still have that ace up our sleeves though and will have a monumental amount of salary cap space free to go extremely hard at some "big fish" over the next couple of offseasons. We'll probably have to land someone big just to meet our minimum salary cap requirements and they, on top of whoever we get if we also have a very early draft pick this year, could help to significantly bridge any gap there may be between the two clubs from a "young talent" POV.

You guys wouldn't want to lose Henderson, BTW, otherwise your key position stocks could be rooted for years unless you land someone damn good and ready to go from another club in a hurry.

Last edited:
Watched your kids play against ours and other times but the Carlton match stands out. Kids like Cripps, even first gamer Boekhorst won their respective head to head matchups quite handily.

You started your rebuild at around the same time that the Dogs did theirs. They're literally miles ahead of where you're at. The only one of your kids that screams 'future star of the AFL' to me is Billings. Even we've got one.

You base your assumptions off 1 game?

Im not saying we are drafting perfectly, but we have been drafting fairly well these last couple years and Im sure most of the bigfooty community would agree with me. So to say that you would not follow our model (getting picks around 20, and picking good players) is not only disingenuous, but displays a profound hatred for my club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a hilarious post! Our list shits on yours from an under 24yo POV. It's not even close, especially as we have so many more of them.

As for your last point, you do realise you already are following our list rebuild strategy, don't you? You're just two years behind.

Three years ago we went down that "trading down for multiple picks/players and recruiting those around 21yo" strategy that you guys went down last year (when you traded down pick 7 and recruited the likes of Jaksch, Boekhorst and Whiley, because you were likewise hoping to rebuild without bottoming out), but like us a couple of years ago, you now realise that you're going to have to do it the hard way and go the full rebuild and now you'll do more of the sort of stuff that we did, when we let the likes of Dal Santo and McEvoy go for draft picks. In your case it will be putting the likes of Gibbs and anyone else over 25yo with any trade value on the trade table and building again from the ground up.

So from an outside perspective you're pretty much following our rebuild strategy step by step!

Knowing you guys you'll probably try to take a shortcut or two though, like when you traded Kennedy and a very high pick for Judd, when you weren't close enough to a flag to be doing that.
You'll take Wayne Hughes.

Poor in the years in which the competition has been truly competitive and professional = not close to Real Madrid.
The Blues beat all in historic win/loss. In fact even Collingwood need to beat us twice per year for the next 20 years and still wont break even. The Saints are like 100 years behind us. :)

Carlton = Real Madrid of AFL.

The Blues beat all in historic win/loss. In fact even Collingwood need to beat us twice per year for the next 20 years and still wont break even. The Saints are like 100 years behind us. :)

Carlton = Real Madrid of AFL.
Sure, forget that I just mentioned that we should measure success in the modern, professional era, not including wins in the '20s.

Anyway, can you really contest
Other than Dunstan & Billings, that list is atrocious lmao
Let's name your list of u21s, and compare for a bit.

The delusion of these Carlton posters is matched only by the delusion of the Carlton board members who thought they were close to a flag 2 years ago.

Since drafts and salary caps, you guys have been a bottom 8 eight club.

Deal with it.

The idea that Carlton's list is ahead of St Kilda's is as fantastic as the suggestion by some Carlton posters that Casboult plus pick 7 is worth pick 1 (as was mooted by some during last year's trade period).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back