Game Day VFL Gameday vs Ants

Remove this Banner Ad

So who comes in? Mansell for Dusty if injured, Miller for Broad? Or does short go back for broad and we play Ross instead, with Miller or someone else as sub?

I’d go Miller for broad. Hopper and Dusty might be outs so based on today I’d have Ross in for Hopper and clarke in for Dusty. Even though clarke wasn’t great I can’t see who else we’d replace Dusty with

Part of being a professional footballer is humility. If the senior coach tells you to go back to the twos for a while to work on some aspects of your game that will make you a better player and benefit the team, guess what, you shut up and go back and work on it.

It ain't ******* rocket surgery.
Yup, and Cumbo busted his gut out.. ended up with 6 tackles which I’m sure the coaches be rapped with
Only 9 pos which will be frustrating for him but it’s completely understandable playing a new position
Reckon he worked his ass off and it’s a tick for him and the coaches

you take a 47 point win any day of the week. Plenty of time for the young boys to improve their game

Biggie has had a good game too

Not sure what to make of Sonsie at the moment. Hasn’t really impressed today
I personally believe Sonsie is that type of player that plays much better when better players are around him
seen a few times when he had the ball he dished off to where that other players should get to but that didnt happen and made the pass look bad but at a higher level the read of the pass would be much better and sonsie more effective

Sonsie has nothing to gain at this level imo and his development is better at AFL level

I personally believe Sonsie is that type of player that plays much better when better players are around him
seen a few times when he had the ball he dished off to where that other players should get to but that didnt happen and made the pass look bad but at a higher level the read of the pass would be much better and sonsie more effective

Sonsie has nothing to gain at this level imo and his development is better at AFL level
This 100%. He wasn't banging the door down when he got his debut last year, but definitely lifted when he went up a level.

I think Cumberland is similar too in that respect.

Don’t get me wrong I like him as a player. But he looked to coast a little today. Classy on both sides, but didn’t win much of his own ball. He might be more of a forward of centre mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cumbo running up and back the ground hard, breathing real hard
All part of Dima’s training him into new positions
Will take a bit of time for him to get use to the running patterns, understand his frustration
No need to panic

Have faith knee jerkers
Noah led the team in tackles, playing the role asked of him to perfection

Richmond players playing well
Miller , Biggy , Bradtke , Bauer , Ross

Who i expected more from
Sonsie , Hugo , Dow , Clarke , Banks

Who has been totally sh!t
Cumberland
Give it a rest regarding Cumberland, it's like a personal vendetta, Stack mark II.

He's our leading tackler with 6, how is he not tackling.

Last edited:
Not at all i have nothing against him and had him in my starting team for round 1

But the blind support for him to be played in the seniors is just comedy

* Cant give it a rest if you keep tagging me
Tagging - first post all game - because every post has mentioned how bad Cumberland is, granted you are not on your own.

Not at all i have nothing against him and had him in my starting team for round 1

But the blind support for him to be played in the seniors is just comedy

* Cant give it a rest if you keep tagging me

As opposed to the pile on of posters making assumptions calling him lazy and labelling him.

Cumberland was where the ball wasn't as Jack Dyer used to put it, a fair bit today but when he hit the ball he hit it with energy. Just didn't go his way. He will be doing this until he learns to crack in all game every game which may take a while and get more of the ball. He has the potential to be a good player because he wins contests, but until he can do that like a proper footballer in the heat all over the ground he is not going to break into the side. He is a better AFL footballer than VFL however, and the club would know that so won't leave him to rot.

Thought Dow looked better as the game went. Started to take the game on and hold the ball in traffic. He is quite small for an inside mid, at senior level he would not have to do this quite as much. Same with Sonsie, who looked short of a gallop early but by the end of the game he was in everything. Same with Banks.

Disappointed with Miller. Rucked really well but he just didn't lead with any pace as a forward. He is big and quick but just stood there with his hand up, kick it to me.

Sort of average game to watch bar the first Q. First game so that is often the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back