State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Burns is a much better cricketer than Dean though, so if I were picking between the two I'd take Burns, but it looks like we're not looking at him anyway

Nah it's a good move for Kuhnemann. Will be the number one spinner and get regular FC cricket.
I'm perplexed by the Baxter Holt mentioning...surplus to requirements here in WA. I hope the young lad (Joel Curtis I think) who played ahead of Phillipe earlier this season gets first crack when Inglis isn't there.
This perplexed me as well but both Holt and curtis are the same age. While Curtis might get the gig they might be keen on an experienced keeper to replace Philipe (inglis hardly plays these days anyway).

This perplexed me as well but both Holt and curtis are the same age. While Curtis might get the gig they might be keen on an experienced keeper to replace Philipe (inglis hardly plays these days anyway).
Experienced is one thing but he averages 21 over 12 FC matches. I reckon Curtis can over take that.

Harry Dixon might get a look at FC cricket earlier than expected.
Can also have a look at guys like Thomson and Brasher, who have been performing in district cricket.
All downgrades on Maddinson and Puc though, so wouldn't be against talking to the likes of Joe Burns or Kurtis Patterson if they're let go.
I would also look at Peake.

I would also look at Peake.
Funny thing, APS cricket (he has one more year I think) can only be overridden by national duties apparently. It's bloody stupid.

So you are saying he can not play shield cricket or 2nd 11 interstate cricket.As you said that is stupid.
If it clashes with a game for his school, yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im glad young Peter Siddle was given so many opportunities in 2023/24. Future looks bright
Even if you take out him and Boland out there was still Sutherland, Perry, O'Neill, McClure and Elliott ahead of them.

Mack Harvey officially announced by SACA.

At what point do so many misfit toys sign with SA that it actually works to their detriment because there is too much competition?

Victoria’s batting is decimated, I would have thought Harvey is just as much chance making it here as he is there. Change of scenery sure but does it actually get him any more opportunity? Not so sure.

Mack Harvey officially announced by SACA.

At what point do so many misfit toys sign with SA that it actually works to their detriment because there is too much competition?

Victoria’s batting is decimated, I would have thought Harvey is just as much chance making it here as he is there. Change of scenery sure but does it actually get him any more opportunity? Not so sure.
the actual competition then moves interstate themselves (see Weathereld)

played 0 FC games and 1 List A game (if I read correctly). desperate times, I guess...

Wonder if there was also discussion about that when he was negotiating with the Renegades - pure speculation, but a state contract may have helped with a move south for the BBL

Wonder if there was also discussion about that when he was negotiating with the Renegades - pure speculation, but a state contract may have helped with a move south for the BBL
it feels like it's a tacked on negotiation, after the loss of Maddinson and the potential loss of Puck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back