Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you listening?
No one has discounted male victims

On the show they have.

Key words: majority. 3 times more likely.

Would've thought it was at least 100 times more likely by the gender bias in the reporting tonight. The irony is that somebody on that show mentioned gender inequality as a key reason for violence against women . . . and then went on to contribute to it with biased discussion of the issue. All done without even a wink at the camera or a sense of irony.

Rap and hiphop feature a fair few artists with misogynistic lyrics and videos. Eminem caused a lot of fuss with homophobic lyrics and less than nice things said about his ex-wife. I don't think there's a huge fuss about that at the moment although it pops up from time to time.
Superman comes to mind.

We'll be friends, I'll call you again, I'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car I'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then

You don't want that, neither do I,
I don't want to flip when I see you with guys
Too much pride, between you and I
Not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two
I'd never love you enough to trust you, we just met and I just ****ed you...

[Pre-chorus]

[Chorus A + Chorus B simultaneously]

[Verse 3]
First thing you say, "I'm not fazed, I hang around big stars all day
I don't see what the big deal is anyways
You're just plain old Marshall to me"
Ooh ya' girl run that game
"Hailie Jade, I love that name, love that tattoo, what's that say?"
"Rot in pieces, uh, that's great"
First off you don't know Marshall, at all so don't grow partial
That's ammo for my arsenal, I'll slap you off that bar stool
There goes another lawsuit, leave hand prints all across you

Good Lordy whoadie, you must be gone off that water bottle
You want what you can't have, ooh girl that's too damn bad
Don't touch what you can't grab, end up with two backhands
Put anthrax on a Tampax, and slap you 'til you can't stand

Girl you just blew your chance, don't mean to ruin your plans

I could go on but don't want to get all PMRC about it.

No-one's saying that stuff doesn't exist because it clearly does (as a hiphop head since the 80s, I'm very aware of misogyny in music). And I don't blame people who criticize that kind of lyrical content and any imagery that goes along with it. The point I was making earlier was that those kinds of lyrics do get criticized while female artists portraying violence against men get a pass, even when it's something as graphic as the Pink video.

No-one's saying that stuff doesn't exist because it clearly does (as a hiphop head since the 80s, I'm very aware of misogyny in music). And I don't blame people who criticize that kind of lyrical content and any imagery that goes along with it. The point I was making earlier was that those kinds of lyrics do get criticized while female artists portraying violence against men get a pass, even when it's something as graphic as the Pink video.
Fair enough.

Fembots have this stupid mindset that they represent all women and all women agree with them.

The women in those pictures and the majority of women protesting fifty shades of grey are too young to really be fans of the book.

Not sure if it's generational or age, but I'd suggest a bit of both.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

According to this lot yelling "Give me back my ******* kids" over the phone is a form of domestic violence. :drunk: Really? I'm sure it can be in some circumstances where there is intimidation in a relationship, but how is that a form of violence in all contexts? :$

It's less of a form of violence than taking the kids.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Would love to see how it would go down should a male artist make a video of him abusing a woman and then his fans tell us "oh you have to see the interviews and know about his personal life to get it...trust us, it's all okay".
You've heard of Eminem, I assume.

And any number of other artists, rappers or otherwise.

* Damn, too late.

No surprise KFC is a big fan.

The report into child sex exploitation in Oxford has just been a released.

The report called on the government to research why the perpetrators of this type of child abuse – which has been seen in Rochdale, Rotherham, Derby, Bristol and Oxfordshire – were predominantly from a Pakistani and/or Muslim heritage.​

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_sex_trafficking_gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_sex_gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_sex_gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telford_sex_gang

Dr Taj Hargey, imam of the Oxford Islamic Congregation, said race and religion were inextricably linked to the recent spate of grooming rings in which Muslim men have targeted under-age white girls.

The activities of the Oxford sex ring are bound up with religion and race because all the men - though of different nationalities - were Muslim and they deliberately targeted vulnerable white girls, whom they appeared to regard as 'easy meat', to use one of their revealing, racist phrases, Dr Hargey said.

That attitude has been promoted by religious leaders, he believes. On one level, most imams in the UK are simply using their puritanical sermons to promote the wearing of the hijab and even the burka among their female adherents. But the dire result can be the brutish misogyny we see in the Oxford sex ring.

People tiptoe around the issues and refuse to discuss the problems exposed by the scandals such as those from Rochdale to Oxford, and Telford to Derby, he wrote. In all cases the perpetrators were Muslim men and the victims were under age white girls. To pretend it is not a problem is the Islamic community is ideological denial, Dr Hargey said.

But then part of the reason this scandal happened at all is precisely because of such politically correct thinking. All the agencies of the state, including the police, the social services and the care system, seemed eager to ignore the sickening exploitation that was happening before their eyes. Terrified of accusations of racism, desperate not to undermine the official creed of cultural diversity, they took no action against obvious abuse.

True Islam preaches respect for women but in mosques across the country a different doctrine is preached - one that denigrates all women, but treats whites with particular contempt, the Imam said. The men are taught that women are second-class citizens, little more than chattels or possessions over whom they have absolute authority," he claims in the column.

The view of some Islamic preachers towards white women can be appalling. They encourage their followers to believe that these women are habitually promiscuous, decadent, and sleazy sins which are made all the worse by the fact that they are kaffurs or non-believers. Their dress code, from miniskirts to sleeveless tops, is deemed to reflect their impure and immoral outlook. According to this mentality, these white women deserve to be punished for their behaviour by being exploited and degraded.​

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...mote-grooming-rings-Muslim-leader-claims.html

Relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/f...-victorias-country-areas-20150303-13th4x.html

Family violence royal commission chairwoman Marcia Neave has already committed to holding regional forums as part of her investigations into the crisis.

Women in the country also find it hard to get away from violent men, with less access to community support groups and legal centres than is available in cities. Ms George said funding cuts to legal and housing services had made it increasingly difficult for women to leave violent relationships.

according to wiki, campaspe has a population of 36,000, with 4,285 reports .....

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/f...-victorias-country-areas-20150303-13th4x.html

Family violence royal commission chairwoman Marcia Neave has already committed to holding regional forums as part of her investigations into the crisis.

Women in the country also find it hard to get away from violent men, with less access to community support groups and legal centres than is available in cities. Ms George said funding cuts to legal and housing services had made it increasingly difficult for women to leave violent relationships.

according to wiki, campaspe has a population of 36,000, with 4,285 reports .....

Family violence royal commission chairman Marcia Neave is a devout and influential feminist. In 1999 Justice Marcia Neave was made an officer of the Order of Australia for 'Service to the law, particularly in relation to law reform in the area of social justice'. So, of course there's not going to be any conflict of interest given her feminist ideology and gynocentric outlook on issues, like the feminist view that DV is a man's issue.:rolleyes:
Women already have far more access to community support groups, legal centres and shelters for the battered than men, even when their options are reduced for living outside of the metropolitan area; so why is a feminist-lead royal commission looking to address a feminist concern when women already have far more resources than men in this area? I've been told by feminists that feminism stands for equality. What's obvious is that actions speak louder than words.

You say in #5202 "No one has discounted male victims", yet when others have pointed to male victims or said that male victims are being ignored, you've posted the issue of women being abused and have chosen to focus on -in typical feminist fashion - and thus more or less discounted the abuse of men under the hamster wheel spun rationalization of "3 times more likely" when it's already been shown by means of numerous links provided in this thread that such isn't the case.

This is why I've posted on the subject of gynocentrism and female in-group preference/bias, for your posts are a prime example of it, and it's also why feminists/feminism stand in the way of resolving matters pertaining to gender. Given that women inherently have an in-group preference/bias that favours women, and on top of that feminist ideology taken on-board by some female judges and politicians, as is the case in Justice Marcia Neave, exacerbates the inclination to favour and do what's in women's interests at the expense of all else. So, are these feminist women really fit to be judges and make decisions over others when it comes to matters pertaining to or involving gender? Not if justice and fairness is the goal.

Last edited:
Yes clearly Marcia Neave does not have the experience or the intellect to head up the royal commission:rolleyes:

Didn't you know? Females can't be judges, can't head up commissions, It's an inbuilt bias,you see.

This is what the person who thinks that queen Latifah dons strap ons, that ufos are angels, women who cheat should be shot, Obama is satan... Etc etc
So this too, must be true.

Name one crazy thing Ive said.
'Elaborate' does not necessarily mean crazy. The two of you represent the extremes of each side and often resort to insults. You are the tesseract of the left on this site. The fact that you mock that poster shows either a lack of self awareness or that your account is one big troll.

'Elaborate' does not necessarily mean crazy. The two of you represent the extremes of each side and often resort to insults. You are the tesseract of the left on this site. The fact that you mock that poster shows either a lack of self awareness or that your account is one big troll.
So basically, you have no evidence. Hell, find something from this thread.

Superman comes to mind.

We'll be friends, I'll call you again, I'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car I'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then

You don't want that, neither do I,
I don't want to flip when I see you with guys
Too much pride, between you and I
Not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two
I'd never love you enough to trust you, we just met and I just stuffed you...

[Pre-chorus]

[Chorus A + Chorus B simultaneously]

[Verse 3]
First thing you say, "I'm not fazed, I hang around big stars all day
I don't see what the big deal is anyways
You're just plain old Marshall to me"
Ooh ya' girl run that game
"Hailie Jade, I love that name, love that tattoo, what's that say?"
"Rot in pieces, uh, that's great"
First off you don't know Marshall, at all so don't grow partial
That's ammo for my arsenal, I'll slap you off that bar stool
There goes another lawsuit, leave hand prints all across you

Good Lordy whoadie, you must be gone off that water bottle
You want what you can't have, ooh girl that's too damn bad
Don't touch what you can't grab, end up with two backhands
Put anthrax on a Tampax, and slap you 'til you can't stand

Girl you just blew your chance, don't mean to ruin your plans

I could go on but don't want to get all PMRC about it.

"Before He Cheats"

Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleached-blond tramp,
and she's probably getting frisky...
right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink
'cause she can't shoot whiskey...
Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool stick,
showing her how to shoot a combo...

And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side
of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats...
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Right now, she's probably up singing some
white-trash version of Shania karaoke.
Right now, she's probably saying, "I'm drunk"
and he's a-thinking that he's gonna get lucky,
Right now, he's probably dabbing on
3 dollars worth of that bathroom Polo*...

Oh, and he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side
carved my name into his leather seats,

I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl,
'cause the next time that he cheats...
Oh, you know it won't be on me!

No... not on me

'Cause I dug my key into the side
carved my name into his leather seats...

Oh, maybe next time he'll think before he cheats...

Oh, before he cheats... oh, oh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back