Warner queries South Africa swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Saffers should be on a final warning - if another player gets done for ball-tampering, he's banned for a year, the captain is banned for a year, the coach is banned for a year.

Once is stupidity, twice gets you watched verrrrrry closely, three times - you're gone, mateys.

It's not the same person each time which leads you to believe it's a team policy to help Steyn get more reverse. The skipper should definitely be on the carpet.

It's impossible not to start to look askance at any of these Steyn wunder-spells when you have this sort of nonsense going on multiple times within a calendar year. And I know Warner was the only one to end up in official trouble over the Port Elizabeth fiasco, but given the way that test and the subsequent test panned out, the conclusion that they were definitely tampering in the 2nd, and then had to give it up in the 3rd test due to scrutiny, is all but unavoidable.

Why is it such a light punishment when pleading guilty? 75% of their match fee is nothing to these players. I reckon suspend them for one test for first offence, one year for second offence and life ban for third offence. If we're going to make this illegal, then the players need to be punished accordingly.

Why is it such a light punishment when pleading guilty? 75% of their match fee is nothing to these players. I reckon suspend them for one test for first offence, one year for second offence and life ban for third offence. If we're going to make this illegal, then the players need to be punished accordingly.
Although Steyn got injured early in the third test so we will never know what he was capable of there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back