Celebrating HBF's 100k post. He is an ornament to big footy. The Casual Chat Thread

Which Pokemon Go team should you join?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the booing of Goodes is ugly and whilst you may feel as though you are not racist, the movement definitely began with extremely racist undertones. The AFL and media have only exacerbated the situation, but that doesn't change the fact that it began with undoubtedly racist motives.

yep, I've been to quite a few Hawks v $yd games over he years, in fact every one since about 2007, and can say the crowds only started booing after it was pointed out in some media that he tackles with a leading leg in order to trip his opponent. Him playing the race card for the booing is just making some idiots in the crowds start booing...

What are they saying?

I do find the "i'm going on leave" thing pretty funny. Sook. If a whole crowd booed me I'd cry tears of joy.
Essentially that some people are booing because of what he said at his Australia Day speech. And just discussing the ins and outs of this. It got quite robust.

It's hilarious he's just making it worse. Fact is he shouldn't be getting a game anyway. He's so far past it it's sad.

It's like Croat Tiger melting when anyone made a tyre joke and then quitting the Bay, by doing that it just encouraged people to hang even more s**t on him as they knew they would get a reaction.

If Goodes didn't make such a big deal about the booing it would soon die out but now people are booing him just to stir him up and get a reaction from him.

All the sanctimonious handwringing from the media where they are calling footy supporters disgraceful racists for booing him and how they should stop doing it doesn't help either as people don't like being lectured to and told what to do so they will just do the opposite.

Hearing Caroline Wilson and Hutchy going on about it last night on Footy Classified made me want to smash the tv. They've both made a career out of muckracking and slinging s**t at footy players, coaches and clubs but now they are getting on their high horses and telling supporters to stop booing Goodes because we're hurting his feelings. Give me a spell.

Last edited:
Whether booers think they're racist or not is beside the point. It's pissweak. It's shitful. It's campaignerish. It's moronic. It's mob mentality. It's the good old Ugly Australian popping his ignorant ******* head up to remind us, "I'm still here, and by the way, * off, we're full".

Booing Goodes is saying, "Back in your box, you uppity Abo", whether you know it or mean it or not. That's the effect.

Don't give me the dirty play - he's no dirtier than Buddy or Mitchell or plenty of others. Same with the staging. It's because he says things white people don't want to hear. We prefer our blackfellas Uncle Tom style. How dare he point out how poorly his people have been treated.

Australians are conservative. They don't like boat-rockers. Still a bunch of whipped convicts at heart. We'll bend over and take it from the man rather than speak up at injustice. "Shhh, the man with the big stick is in charge for a reason - don't give him cause to give you a lick of the switch - that thing hurts, man!"

Australians will put up with all sorts of bullshit from authority figures, but god help the little man who disturbs the tranquillity of their MasterChef fantasy of life (unless he does it on The Voice). We think we're for the underdog - we ******* hate the underdog. "Know your place" - that's the Australian ethos.

Any country that votes Tony Abbott into power has some ****ed-up values. Egalitarianism is long gone; fair go got f*cked in the arse. We're all about status symbols now.

Oi oi oi.

^^
What a complete load of tripe.

Take it to the streets, richoatthedisco . This isn't the thread you're looking for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people don't like the way Goodes is trying to force some political agenda on them when they are just there to watch a game of footy.

He obviously has designs on a political career after footy and if that's the case he should just quit footy and run for parliament, then he can mouth off about indigenous rights all he likes and he'll soon find out that most politicians aren't popular either.

You don't see other footy players trying to bring politics into footy and polarising supporters the way Goodes has done the last few years and that has a lot to do with why he is being booed more than other players rather than the fact he's indigenous.

Don't ******* tell me what I can or can't do or what I can or can't say or what I am ******* thinking when I do or say s**t!!.
* you!!
Good morning gais:$

Regardless of the motives it's having a very real effect on a champion of the game. It's ugly, it's moronic, it's unnecessary.

Perhaps but why isn't there an outcry about all booing?

"It's okay to get boo'd if you're white because that's not racist but don't you dare boo that indigenous fellow!"

Perhaps but why isn't there an outcry about all booing?

"It's okay to get boo'd if you're white because that's not racist but don't you dare boo that indigenous fellow!"
I dislike booing of all kinds. I especially dislike the booing of Adam Goodes because while the majority of the people who boo him probably don't have racist intentions, they've created a handy little hiding place for those that do.

Name another player who is booed every time he touches the ball, all game every game.
Hayden Ballantyne.

Oh, you really didn't want anybody to name one?

It's been done a million times in a dozen threads, Richo. can't we have one where we can live without faux outrage being foisted upon us?

Whether booers think they're racist or not is beside the point. It's pissweak. It's shitful. It's campaignerish. It's moronic. It's mob mentality. It's the good old Ugly Australian popping his ignorant ******* head up to remind us, "I'm still here, and by the way, **** off, we're full".

Booing Goodes is saying, "Back in your box, you uppity Abo", whether you know it or mean it or not. That's the effect.

Don't give me the dirty play - he's no dirtier than Buddy or Mitchell or plenty of others. Same with the staging. It's because he says things white people don't want to hear. We prefer our blackfellas Uncle Tom style. How dare he point out how poorly his people have been treated.

Australians are conservative. They don't like boat-rockers. Still a bunch of whipped convicts at heart. We'll bend over and take it from the man rather than speak up at injustice. "Shhh, the man with the big stick is in charge for a reason - don't give him cause to give you a lick of the switch - that thing hurts, man!"

Australians will put up with all sorts of bullshit from authority figures, but god help the little man who disturbs the tranquillity of their MasterChef fantasy of life (unless he does it on The Voice). We think we're for the underdog - we ******* hate the underdog. "Know your place" - that's the Australian ethos.

Any country that votes Tony Abbott into power has some stuffed-up values. Egalitarianism is long gone; fair go got f*cked in the arse. We're all about status symbols now.

Oi oi oi.
We applaud indigenous people who work within the system, as soon as someone questions how undoubtedly racist Australia is they become an enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back