Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - ISAAC KEELER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel as though he's a lot closer to Luke Jackson than Paddy Ryder.

Probably for now. I think the projection is more Ryder as he fills out but he has a bit more flash potentially.

A forward line with a fully-firing Keeler, King and Kaminiti will give the entire St K fanbase plenty of good times. Back to the G-train Roo Kosi model
QeXYCRF.gif

If his desire and commitment is off. Reckon he's actually gonna get a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the reason he was drafted as late as he was. Possible knock on his desire and commitment.
A myth put around by Adelaide because he left their NGA.
Got an unsolicited PM from a Port supporter who said his son players with Keeler and the Adelaide NGA was very poor, and the reason Keeler left for SANFL was to get some actual coaching and gametime.
You reckon Ryan Byrne doesn't have commitment, he went pick 52. Wilkie must have zero commitment didn't even get drafted.
Don't perpetuate the myth started by Adelaide people who have a reputation on not treating indigenous players well

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

As I said earlier, I've watched him train and play for the last 2 years. He wasn't as committed as he should have been at the start of last year but he changed Schools in year 12 so he could play a full season in the SANFL U18 and not have to play 2nd tier college footy in Adelaide. And then this year he did every right to push himself to get better and better. He's well and truly committed, and has no problem with moving interstate. Having Nas there as well will really help him settle. Oh, and the Crows academy program sucks.
This guy, PM'ed me and gave me a tonne more info about Adelaide NGA.

Got an unsolicited PM from a Port supporter who said his son players with Keeler and the Adelaide NGA was very poor, and the reason Keeler left for SANFL was to get some actual coaching and gametime.
You reckon Ryan Byrne doesn't have commitment, he went pick 52. Wilkie must have zero commitment didn't even get drafted.
Don't perpetuate the myth started by Adelaide people who have a reputation on not treating indigenous players well

You asked why he might not get the most out of himself and I just put forward a reason why, pretty crazy that a myth put out by Adelaide scared off 16 other clubs!

I'm not saying he isn't committed now that he is at the Saints, just a reason why he was drafted that late and why he might possibly not make it at the highest level.

And yeah maybe those other guys lacked commitment too in and around their draft year. Why else did Wilkie not get picked up until he was in his 20s? Prior to this year has Byrnes shown that he would be putting the work in to be anything other than a handy depth player?

I'm certainly not questioning these guys commitment right now but yeah when guys are 17-18 years old, it's not completely out of the question that the reason they aren't as highly sought after as the top handful of picks is they lack a certain professionalism or desire to be truly elite. Some don't get that mindset until they mature a bit (Wilkie) or until they are placed in an elite system (Bynres). Keeler has every chance to be an amazing player, it's up to him now to prove everyone wrong and become that! And I would love to see it.

How dare you call me a Port supporter.

Having seen the hammer in action the last 3 weeks. If this lad keeler kicks on we're going to have not only an extremely talented trio of talls but also an incredibly fun team to watch.

If he's that close to a game would be pretty great.

Assume Tony's talking about getting a vfl game?
would also assume its a VFL

I reckon there was probably more to it than that. The recruiters aren't going to believe Adelaide saying that he's lazy without looking into it. He looked fantastic and there definitely seemed to be knocks on his commitment. On talent alone he looks an unbelievable prospect. I'm hoping he's more a casual attitude like Rowan Marshall than Spencer White. If he makes it he has some very special traits.

I reckon there was probably more to it than that. The recruiters aren't going to believe Adelaide saying that he's lazy without looking into it. He looked fantastic and there definitely seemed to be knocks on his commitment. On talent alone he looks an unbelievable prospect. I'm hoping he's more a casual attitude like Rowan Marshall than Spencer White. If he makes it he has some very special traits.
of course ther mustve been more to it, he got recuited at 33 44 or something, of course there would be knocks on him. heres hoping he makes it.

If his desire and commitment is off. Reckon he's actually gonna get a game?
Playing under RTB will get his desire and commitment up to par. It’s certainly worked for others. That is if it was ever in question anyway.don’t believe every rumour you hear.

Didn’t he change clubs looking for better coaches or something similar? Sounds like commitment to me.

Edit: I see Joffa has the real story.

Playing under RTB will get his desire and commitment up to par. It’s certainly worked for others. That is if it was ever in question anyway.don’t believe every rumour you hear.

Didn’t he change clubs looking for better coaches or something similar? Sounds like commitment to me.

Edit: I see Joffa has the real story.
He changed schools not clubs. Changing schools allowed him to play SANFL u18 full time. He wasn’t in the top level school comp so he was better off playing SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back