Past Toby Nankervis - traded 2016, premiership Tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm...

derickxnankervisgetty.jpg

7530906262_179eabb658.jpg

Something's up here.... :eek:

So happy for him to get a start. Always looks a likely type in the highlights reels etc. Really hope he makes the step up :)

I think he can, I think he can.....

I liked what I saw. He has a bit of grunt about him. Pyke is too passive. Notice he doesn't even jump for the centre bounce? And then is a liability once the ball hits the ground. Id like to give this bloke a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 Disposals, 3 Marks, 2 Tackles, 6 Hitouts and a goal. Pretty much what you'd expect from a 1st gamer.

I thought he went alright. Probably another couple of years away from making a big impact but promising signs.

10 Disposals, 3 Marks, 2 Tackles, 6 Hitouts and a goal. Pretty much what you'd expect from a 1st gamer.

I thought he went alright. Probably another couple of years away from making a big impact but promising signs.

Nankervis this week: 10 Disposals, 3 Marks, 2 Tackles, 6 Hitouts and a goal (0 FF, 1 FA)

Derickx last week: 8 Disposals, 3 Marks, 2 Tackles, 7 Hitouts and a goal (2FF, 4 FA)

Mighty similar numbers to Derickx last week but I think we'd all be happier with Nankervis' game last night. Showed some poise and skill with the ball and more nous for the game than Derickx does.

I'd much rather see Nankervis win those numbers as a 20 year old with scope to improve than Derickx as a 26 year old. Nankervis is also more of a 2nd ruck/FF while Derickx is more of a 1st ruck who isn't going to do much forward. Nankervis isn't going to be able to compete manfully with the biggest and best ruckmen yet (he's still skinny in the upper body) but he might get there. Glad to have him in the reserves developing along.

Mighty similar numbers to Derickx last week but I think we'd all be happier with Nankervis' game last night. Showed some poise and skill with the ball and more nous for the game than Derickx does.

I'd much rather see Nankervis win those numbers as a 20 year old with scope to improve than Derickx as a 26 year old. Nankervis is also more of a 2nd ruck/FF while Derickx is more of a 1st ruck who isn't going to do much forward. Nankervis isn't going to be able to compete manfully with the biggest and best ruckmen yet (he's still skinny in the upper body) but he might get there. Glad to have him in the reserves developing along.

Yeah I completely agree re Derickx, Nankervis has jumped him in the queue.

It's tough for young ruckmen or less mobile key forwards, they have to be pretty dominant from the get-go because there's nowhere to ease them into things or hide them somewhere else on the ground like you can with a mid. Hopefully he gets a run any time either of Tippett or Pyke miss.

Going by the press conference it sounded like the plan was to sub him off but of course then went awry quite early

I was keeping a close eye on him and he was spent after getting to each contest. In the reserves he takes a lot of contested marks by standing his ground and extending his arms. Not going to happen often in the AFL but good to see he has more tricks up his sleeve.

Apparently out of contract at the end of the year, I wonder if a few clubs will have a nibble after last night

Nankervis this week: 10 Disposals, 3 Marks, 2 Tackles, 6 Hitouts and a goal (0 FF, 1 FA)

Derickx last week: 8 Disposals, 3 Marks, 2 Tackles, 7 Hitouts and a goal (2FF, 4 FA)

Missed time on ground: Derickx 91% vs Nankervis 66%. Suggests not a lot of opportunity for Derickx going forward and lots of upside for Nankervis.

Good debut IMO.

Missed time on ground: Derickx 91% vs Nankervis 66%. Suggests not a lot of opportunity for Derickx going forward and lots of upside for Nankervis.

Good debut IMO.
Whats missed time on ground? Time on the bench?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back