List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Lamb Pick 32 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha, will be interesting to read this board if Lamb flops, which isn't entirely out of the question. Posters are happy to take chances on players until it backfires.

* that noise. We have enough Vanilla around here to open a milkbar. Taking a punt on Lamb Sandwich is something we 'needed' to do.

We don't exactly take huge risks with our drafting. Gaff, Duggan, Sheed - All considered 'safe bets'

So how are we feeling after his first quarter in an Eagles jersey. Enjoying the risk?

I'm optimistic about him. From what I heard on the radio it sounded like he was getting amongst it a fair bit.

There's been a few comments about him having a good footy brain - bodes very well if true considering his size & athleticism.

I think he did what was asked of him on Friday night, so far so good!

I'm optimistic about him. From what I heard on the radio it sounded like he was getting amongst it a fair bit.
" A fair bit" is an understatement. He tore the Indigenous All-Stars a new one. So that by the end of the game Shaun Burgoyne was on his knees begging for it to end. I heard him whimper as he left the field "don't let that Lamb man near me... He's a monster".
-True story

" A fair bit" is an understatement. He tore the Indigenous All-Stars a new one. So that by the end of the game Shaun Burgoyne was on his knees begging for it to end. I heard him whimper as he left the field "don't let that Lamb man near me... He's a monster".
-True story
Got me giggling at Lamb Man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't on big footy back in 07, and trust me I want Lamb to be the best thing ever, but how did the board react after Brown's debut against the Swans? I'm all for optimism and excitement, although I'd probably consider myself a realist, but how about we judge players after a little more than 3 scratch matches of exposed form. Yes Lamb looks good, but he's played an Indig all stars team, a woeful Carlton and a PA side with an undermanned defence. I think I'll reserve my judgement until mid next season at least and then I'll pronounce him as the second coming he will be ;)

I wasn't on big footy back in 07, and trust me I want Lamb to be the best thing ever, but how did the board react after Brown's debut against the Swans? I'm all for optimism and excitement, although I'd probably consider myself a realist, but how about we judge players after a little more than 3 scratch matches of exposed form. Yes Lamb looks good, but he's played an Indig all stars team, a woeful Carlton and a PA side with an undermanned defence. I think I'll reserve my judgement until mid next season at least and then I'll pronounce him as the second coming he will be ;)
Pretty different body types and playing styles. Brown's a KPP through and through, and his knee reconstruction (as well as his awful goalkicking) severely affected his ability to play CHF.

Brown was running hard and clunking marks in that first game, which he can still do - he just never translated to the KPF we hoped.

Regardless of the opposition, Lamb's first couple of games have suggested he has quite a bit more utility, which is pretty exciting.

Pretty different body types and playing styles. Brown's a KPP through and through, and his knee reconstruction (as well as his awful goalkicking) severely affected his ability to play CHF.

Brown was running hard and clunking marks in that first game, which he can still do - he just never translated to the KPF we hoped.

Regardless of the opposition, Lamb's first couple of games have suggested he has quite a bit more utility, which is pretty exciting.
Good post although am I the only punter here that reads cleffys posts as if they are troll? ;)

It wasn't just that he picked up a few possessions, it's how he did it. It was great to see a young guy hit the contest as hard as he did and was refreshing to see an inexperience rookie creat space as easy as he did. Has good hands, flair and just oozes confidence.

I can see him become a real impact player as early as this year and with time a consistent player like a taller LeCras.

No doubt they are different players, and like I said I want Lamb to over achieve, I was just throwing up an example of a player that debuted the season after being drafted and started with a bang. No doubt he was being hailed as our next saviour, yet now we see the real Brown, the deficiencies and all, can't create, can't kick. Anyway was probably more trying to temper my enthusiasm rather than be a wet blanket.

No doubt they are different players, and like I said I want Lamb to over achieve, I was just throwing up an example of a player that debuted the season after being drafted and started with a bang. No doubt he was being hailed as our next saviour, yet now we see the real Brown, the deficiencies and all, can't create, can't kick. Anyway was probably more trying to temper my enthusiasm rather than be a wet blanket.
Yeah I think people are just surprised - i think over the off-season a lot of people on here expected Cavka and Duggan to show the most first up, and that Lamb would be a longer term prospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back