West Coast v Richmond - Rd 18 2014 - Fri 25 July, Patersons Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm, maybe it had some good goals because the conditions allowed it. Serious wet weather footy last night kinda makes it difficult to be clean with the ball. But the tackling pressure and ferocity was far better last night, like when Darling got nailed in a tackle, and obviously the furore after the Vickery hit. At least it looked like two teams that wanted to win out there. The general play in the Brisbane game was shocking - as an Eagles supporter, it may have been more heartening for you because they won the game, but it was seriously bad.

**was typing at the same time you second posted - agree with that post by all means..

At this stage of the year so many meaningless games .....just crap games left right and centre

Talking of Hardwick - is the general feeling now that Hardwick won't get the boot any time soon? Sure, this season went a lot worse than 2013, but the last month or so has seen a massive improvement in performance and there are some real quality finds like Miles and Thomas in that team.
Dimma's contracted to the Tigers until 2016, and I think we're back on track in regards to our game plan and injuries to key players.

Not really, the ones that are worth noting are, from 2010 to 2011 Essendon from 14th to 8th, 2011 to 2012 Freo from 11th to 7th and 2012 to 2013 Port from 14th to 7th, naturally GC as players mature and a few other sides who were already in the 8 but improved a bit more.. Everyone makes it sound it's so easy to improve when in actual fact its not. You only have to look at your own club to see how hard it is, they haven't really improved in 3 decades..
But this year saw Bulldogs, Port, Essendon, North, Adelaide, Gold Coast, GWS, Sydney and Melbourne all improve from last year. In a season like this season, if you are off your game, you will drop badly. We were off our game at the beginning of the year and look where we ended up.

But this year saw Bulldogs, Port, Essendon, North, Adelaide, Gold Coast, GWS, Sydney and Melbourne all improve from last year. In a season like this season, if you are off your game, you will drop badly. We were off our game at the beginning of the year and look where we ended up.
Are you serious?.. Bulldogs, Port, Essendon, North, Adelaide, Melbourne are about the same as last year, as i said Gold Coast along with GWS are going to keep improving with every game because they are such a young side, Richmond were 5th last year and no way known will you improve on that, so what are you on about?...

Oh sorry

Collingwood fans.....hmm .....excuse me...?

That bloke gave Vickory a spray didn't go over the top .....he didn't jump the fence ...

I have sat in the he outer at the MCG when Collingwood plays ......your mob are far worse ...

Perspective please
Which is exactly what I was saying, I was saying that it happens with all teams and all grounds. So you've abused me for what exactly?.
You can go around abusing other anonymous strangers if you can't handle losing, but leave me out of it, thanks.

Last edited:
Which is exactly what I was saying, I was saying that it happens with all teams and all grounds. So you've abused me for what exactly?.
You can go around abusing other anonymous strangers if you can't handle losing, but leave me out of it, thanks.
My bad mate

What that supporter did was excellent.........in totally just

Now a few have said that isn't on for kids seeing it

Umm so kids seeing Vickory whack cox with cheap shot from behind ....what message

I was watching with my kids at home and my 7'year old did ask why the fan was going crazy

I just said he was yelling because seeing a player punched in the face from behind is wrong mate ........

Done......he understood .....

The Cox elbow happens all the time mate, take your Tiges goggles off here. You can't argue that it's an eye for an eye, it just isn't.
Lol what? This happens in every game of football. What Vickery did was cowardly dog act.

It is still a low act. You don't elbow people full stop. Take your eagles goggles off and look at what Cox did as nothing more than a cheap shot, something he has extensive history at doing. It is still a strike. You cant give people little punches to the sternum, elbows should not be tolerated.

I do not condone what Vickery did, in fact he is an absolute idiot for doing it, but Cox is not entirely the victim in all of this. How many off you eagles supporters have copped elbows whilst playing footy? Even a low force elbow to the sternum does not tickle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious?.. Bulldogs, Port, Essendon, North, Adelaide, Melbourne are about the same as last year, as i said Gold Coast along with GWS are going to keep improving with every game because they are such a young side, Richmond were 5th last year and no way known will you improve on that, so what are you on about?...
No they are not?

How are Melbourne and GWS the same as last year when they used to get belted week in and week out, and how are Port the same as last year if they were first on the ladder for a good few weeks? Never did I say that Richmond were going to improve on 5th. All I said was that Richmond were off their game at the beginning of the year by a little bit and were bulldozed. We were beaten by Bulldogs and Melbourne this year whom we had comfortable wins against last year

What a load of s**t.

So him elbowing Vickery in the guts is a new feature of his game?

Has he decided to change his game to be more of a prick in his final few games, or was he just that scared of Vickery's awesome ruck skills?

My bad mate

What that supporter did was excellent.........in totally just

Now a few have said that isn't on for kids seeing it

Umm so kids seeing Vickory whack cox with cheap shot from behind ....what message

I was watching with my kids at home and my 7'year old did ask why the fan was going crazy

I just said he was yelling because seeing a player punched in the face from behind is wrong mate ........

Done......he understood .....
What about deliberate elbowing, what are your thoughts?

No doubt Vickery should go for up to 4 weeks but the elbow that instigated the retaliation is worthy of a couple of weeks itself

What about deliberate elbowing, what are your thoughts?

No doubt Vickery should go for up to 4 weeks but the elbow that instigated the retaliation is worthy of a couple of weeks itself

If they started paying frees for cheap, soft shots like that, Cox'd have to retire.

Could happen again if infractions are served ...

No other team has lost a finals match to a team who finished 9th

No team has ever done it, Carlton finished 8th, Essendon were moved to 9th position two weeks before the end of the season, Carlton finished the H&A season in 8th so your story while being a cute one to tell your mates is totally wrong.

Here is the proof and this was concluded on August 27th a week before we played and easily beat Essendon in the final round

8:31pm: The AFL is confirming the penalties against Essendon and the four individuals charged:

- The club: $2 million fine and banned from year's AFL finals series. The Bombers will lose both their first and second round picks for 2013 and 2014, but will be given a pick in 2014 immediately after the first round. Club deemed to have finished 9th in 2013

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ive-updates-20130827-2smup.html#ixzz38jkuAgDA

If they started paying frees for cheap, soft shots like that, Cox'd have to retire.
Exactly what should have happened I've seen softer hits to the solar plexus this year that have been given suspension, a free for the initiating act would have stopped Vickery's retaliation.

Don't get me wrong Vickery was stupid and deserves everything he gets but that doesn't mean the elbow should be ignored.

Exactly what should have happened I've seen softer hits to the solar plexus this year that have been given suspension, a free for the initiating act would have stopped Vickery's retaliation.

Don't get me wrong Vickery was stupid and deserves everything he gets but that doesn't mean the elbow should be ignored.

Fair chance it'll be picked up by the MRP...usually it would be ignored, but when something minor happens in close proximity to a bigger incident, they often pick it up as well, especially if one led to the other.

No they are not?

How are Melbourne and GWS the same as last year when they used to get belted week in and week out, and how are Port the same as last year if they were first on the ladder for a good few weeks? Never did I say that Richmond were going to improve on 5th. All I said was that Richmond were off their game at the beginning of the year by a little bit and were bulldozed. We were beaten by Bulldogs and Melbourne this year whom we had comfortable wins against last year
you don't make sense, just off the top of my head Bulldogs beat Port last year and port had a comfortable win over the Bulldogs this year vice versa to what you pointed out.. for a team to improve it needs to go up the ladder a few rungs.. by beating a few teams one year and loosing the next can be a lot of different factors.. Demons, Bulldogs and Tigers haven't really improved all that much on ladder positions and that's what really counts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back